The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skilling Month(s) Suggestion

Go down 
+2
Villiama
Venoxulous
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Venoxulous
Skeletal Wyvern
Venoxulous

Skilling Month(s) Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Skilling Month(s) Suggestion   Skilling Month(s) Suggestion EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:59 am

It occured to me that Skilling competitions and tracking seems fairly popular within Slayer Nest, as proven by Veg and Mikey's "Sn skilling comp" and "Sn exp month march" threads respectively. I know the basis of at least Mikey's thread was to encourage everyone to earn as much exp as possible to attempt to boost Slayer Nest up the clan highscores.

So keeping in tandem with that idea, i'm rooting for opinions on the suggestion to use the same layout as Mikey's spreadsheet tracker, but as a sort of monthly game, each person buys-in the list and most exp at the end of each month takes the pot of money.

For example, let's say to be put on the spreadsheet was 500k, and 30 people pay this to join the competition, track the exp gains for a month period and most exp gained takes the 30 500k payments (15m)

It's essentially just a long skilling competition but allowing people to do any skill they please, While encouraging exp gain for Slayer nest. Which, while i know isn't a clan, is nice Razz

Opinions? Smile
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: Skilling Month(s) Suggestion   Skilling Month(s) Suggestion EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am

While this is a great idea it puts a lot of pressure on those who enter. Naturally it's good to gain lots of experience but it could be detrimental to one's real life priorities.

Also I know that some of us are rather stingy when it comes to spending money. I for one would never enter if the entry fee exceeds even 50k. Therefore I suggest that while running one of these exp tournaments with a grand prize pot for the winner; we run one side by side with it except without entry fees and prizes.
Back to top Go down
Shmako
Mutated Zygomite
Shmako

PostSubject: Re: Skilling Month(s) Suggestion   Skilling Month(s) Suggestion EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:33 am

I like the idea. I understand Villi's point about how it may affect one's real life priorities, but I'm pretty sure everyone here is sensible enough to not let that occur. If anything, it encourages people to skill rather than AFK/bankstand/portstand all day like I know a lot of people do... Not that I am guilty of that, of course.

I'd gladly pay a couple mil to enter, even if I knew I wasn't going to win. There's nothing wrong with a little extra incentive to be productive, imo. My only suggestion is to split the pot between the people who achieve 1st/2nd/3rd places, so the money is shared around a little more accordingly and it provides that extra motivation for people who perhaps don't stand a chance of achieving the #1 position.

Anyways, great idea. I'd participate. Smile
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stein
Seeker
Doctor Stein

PostSubject: Re: Skilling Month(s) Suggestion   Skilling Month(s) Suggestion EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 10:48 am

I do like the idea of making it a competition but people like me can't compete. I'm getting just short of max cape and i only have slow skills.
Back to top Go down
Talmo
Wall Beast
Talmo

PostSubject: Re: Skilling Month(s) Suggestion   Skilling Month(s) Suggestion EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:32 pm

I would love to take part in this, but im going back to work after a month break due to surgery, and i work ~50 hours a week. So i wouldnt have a chance.

How about give everyone a high target to beat, and whoever beats that target, share the pot out between them.
Back to top Go down
Venoxulous
Skeletal Wyvern
Venoxulous

PostSubject: Re: Skilling Month(s) Suggestion   Skilling Month(s) Suggestion EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:40 am

Yup like i said just asking for feedback so this is all good and constructive so far ;p
Back to top Go down
Mufc42
Ice Strykewyrm
Ice Strykewyrm
Mufc42

PostSubject: Re: Skilling Month(s) Suggestion   Skilling Month(s) Suggestion EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:42 pm

I like the idea, however, i think it should be for the weekend events only, not the months. Because wealth is a huge factor. IE Mikeyz 9001b bank could get him 200m pray exp bought in a month, whilst my poor 30m cash stack would struggle too get me 2.5m xp

Veg's weekend competitions are for non buyable skills only
Back to top Go down
Venoxulous
Skeletal Wyvern
Venoxulous

PostSubject: Re: Skilling Month(s) Suggestion   Skilling Month(s) Suggestion EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:27 am

^ Aye this is true but it goes both ways, if it was a short competition, someone might have sayyyy... 5 effigies + 1 task off each elite done and can basically win competition in a single day ;o

Although Muffie, you COULD just do a fast non-buy skill.... maybe dungeoneering... maybe have friends come too for more speed.... Maybe Veno? Js Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skilling Month(s) Suggestion   Skilling Month(s) Suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Skilling Month(s) Suggestion
Page 1 of 1