The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Member of the Month

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Olmara
Molanisk
Olmara

Member of the Month Empty
PostSubject: Member of the Month   Member of the Month EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 12:13 pm

Hey all, suggestion time cheers

There has been some discussion around ways to encourage doing more things together but also activity and participation in general.

I think we should have a Member of the Month, and this would be one way to encourage people to make more of an effort with their clanmates, as well as extra encouragement for their own personal goals.
I've thought about this before and never been sure how to properly implement it but I think I have some good ideas now.

So, how do we decide who gets Member of the Month?
During the month, people post on Discord or on SNOF (somewhere we can keep a record of it and it doesn't disappear like it would ingame, basically) with a nominee and a reason. For example:
Hey I'd like to nominate Cooldude3 for member of the month because he finally completed his nex collection this month! / finally maxed this month!
I'd like to nominate Okperson2 for member of the month because she hosted some really cool clan events this month! [eg trivia, hide and seek, bossing]
I'd like to nominate Niceguy4 for member of the month because he made a real effort to teach 3 people from the clan how to do raids this month!

Basically, if a clan member has gone above and beyond and you think they deserve some special recognition, nominate them.

We could have nominations open for the first 3 weeks of the month, and the final week make a poll on SNOF (with a link pinned in discord) where people can vote for which nominee is most deserving.

How does the member of the month get recognised?
This is the part I've had difficulty with before.
- The 'Member of the Month' clan job ingame (this isn't really visible though so very much a bit of a token thing)
- Maybe their own special Member of the Month role on discord?
- Some bonus (up to 5?) rank points

Suggestions? Improvements? Let's hear them.
Back to top Go down
Geoff DM
Cave Bug
Geoff DM

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Month   Member of the Month EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 12:19 pm

I could see this as a good thing for ranks General and below and voted on by Admin+. I also think it would be a good idea to need more than just a collection or something like that to be nominated otherwise you’d end up with multiple nominees and would need more to base the vote on. Just ideas though.
Back to top Go down
Brews
Cave Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Month   Member of the Month EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 3:30 pm

I vote for brews. He good bloke
Back to top Go down
alvispreslee
Cockatrice
alvispreslee

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Month   Member of the Month EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 4:33 pm

Oh yeah I vote for ShyBoy23. I miss that guy heaps! Real good attempts at PvP and Absolutely terrible at PvM!
Back to top Go down
TheDeader
Cave Slime

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Month   Member of the Month EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 9:39 pm

My vote goes to nooverrides9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Month   Member of the Month Empty

Back to top Go down

Member of the Month
Page 1 of 1