The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Member of the Week/Month

Go down 
+9
Hopalong
Gan_real
pepsi
Hockie34
shopgirl224
Barca
Tangy Elf
bowser8mario
Benjamyn099
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Benjamyn099
Brine Rat
Benjamyn099

Member of the Week/Month Empty
PostSubject: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:40 am

Ok, I was having a small conversation with Bowser, and I guess we were somewhat brainstorming ideas for the Nest, Well we think that we should have a "Member of the Week, and Member of the Month" award.

We could also Have one for ranked members of the CC.

With this, it would encourage people to become more active within the Slayer Nest Community, come out to more events, and talk more within the nest.

If awarded Member of the week, the following will be done:

-You will recieve a Smilie face beside your name within the clan chat for a week
- If the member has a Slayer Nest Forum account, I will personally make them a signature/banner that shows they recieved the award and what week it was

If awarded Member of the Month, the Following will be done:

-You will recieve a SGT Rank beside your name within the clan chat for a month
-If the member has a Slayer Nest Forum account, I will personally make them a signature/banner that shows they recieved the award and what month it was
- Any events that the slayer nest has, that has Ranks Vs. Members, They will be able to be on the Ranks side, and get a taste of what being a rank feels like in events Very Happy (epic feeling) Very Happy
- Bowser also agreed that he would buy up to 200k worth of junk off of you Very Happy

To be elidgable to recieve Member of the Week, you must:

-Be really active in the chat, saying grats to every members epic achievements
- Attend 2+ Events the prior week

To be elidgable to recieve Member of the Month, you must:

- Once again, be really really active in the clan chat, saying grats to every members epic achievements Very Happy
- Attend 6+ Events in the prior Month
- Be an outstanding friendly, helping member within the chat
- Help recruit new members when at tasks Very Happy

This is just an idea, personally I've seen this idea work very well in the past clans I've been with. But with this idea, has alot of work with it, and I will take responsibility upon seeing that this works.

This will also help the current Ranked members to keep an eye out for members. Very Happy

cheers

Benjamyn

Award Template
Member of the Week/Month Awardb8m

I could put something around the boarder of the award if requested. But has to be slayer related =p

Last edited by Benjamyn099 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bowser8mario
Infernal Mage
bowser8mario

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:44 am

Nice ben and I agree with this idea i'm sure the nest tried this before not too sure.
Back to top Go down
Tangy Elf
Night Spider
Tangy Elf

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:03 am

We did run something similar some time ago i don’t see any problem with resurrecting it
The only problems i can see will be people in some time zones will get missed as it takes a lot of tracking and you will get a lot of ass kissers thinking they will get something out of it
Back to top Go down
Benjamyn099
Brine Rat
Benjamyn099

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:09 am

Tangy Elf wrote:
We did run something similar some time ago i don’t see any problem with resurrecting it
The only problems i can see will be people in some time zones will get missed as it takes a lot of tracking and you will get a lot of ass kissers thinking they will get something out of it

Well we could allways have multiple awards if all the ranks take part of paying attention in the cc, frankly im there alot, I could be on 8am EST or 11PM EST My hours are abit messed up but I will be keeping up with everyone
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:52 am

ha ha looks fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shopgirl224
Warped Terrorbird
shopgirl224

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 1:43 pm

im down with this, maybe the best way would have the gens and perhaps captains throw out ideas, now maybe you don't need very very strict criteria, as in my opnion, anyone who is helpful and nice should be eligable for these awards, as this would be a very nice moral booster for anyone who it is awarded to. So if we have all the capts pitch a name to the gens and let the bosses take it from there, or give the names to ben if he wants to run it Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 3:46 pm

I really like this idea. Its got similar principle as Employee of the month.
Back to top Go down
Benjamyn099
Brine Rat
Benjamyn099

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:36 pm

shopgirl224 wrote:
im down with this, maybe the best way would have the gens and perhaps captains throw out ideas, now maybe you don't need very very strict criteria, as in my opnion, anyone who is helpful and nice should be eligable for these awards, as this would be a very nice moral booster for anyone who it is awarded to. So if we have all the capts pitch a name to the gens and let the bosses take it from there, or give the names to ben if he wants to run it Razz

Yeah but shop, the idea was to get the Lieutenants abit more active in the community, because frankly all they are is just a rank in my eyes =s
Back to top Go down
shopgirl224
Warped Terrorbird
shopgirl224

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Quote :
Ben:Yeah but shop, the idea was to get the Lieutenants abit more active in the community, because frankly all they are is just a rank in my eyes =s
ok, i do understand that much and maybe that will help get them more active, but at the same time maybe this should appeal to the broad spectrum that is the nest. however i see your point and agree 100%
Back to top Go down
Benjamyn099
Brine Rat
Benjamyn099

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:25 pm

shopgirl224 wrote:
Quote :
Ben:Yeah but shop, the idea was to get the Lieutenants abit more active in the community, because frankly all they are is just a rank in my eyes =s
ok, i do understand that much and maybe that will help get them more active, but at the same time maybe this should appeal to the broad spectrum that is the nest. however i see your point and agree 100%

Well it is in the end, Gan's call. I really hope he agrees, like it can't hurt to do so though
Back to top Go down
shopgirl224
Warped Terrorbird
shopgirl224

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:32 pm

hahaha good old gan, i do love the idea, hopefully it will be well recieved!
Back to top Go down
Hockie34
Turoth

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:54 pm

I'M JUST A RANK!!!!! Smile

In all seriousness great idea, I could see it possibly encouraging people to get more active, which is awesome.
Back to top Go down
pepsi
Kurask
pepsi

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:23 pm

only complaint i have with this is the "reqirements" for member of the week/month. It may seem stupid but if you all remember, one of the most important foundations of the nest is that we in no way place commitments on members. I mean that we don't require people to be at events every week for promotions and to stay a member and such. This is why we are a cc and not a clan. Other than that, tangy has a point as well, but it definitly is an idea worth mentioning and talking about.
Back to top Go down
Gan_real
Kurask
Gan_real

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:03 am

We used to run something similar awhile back called "Slayer of the week" where an unranked member got a smiley face for a week as a thank you for generally being helpful with slayer advice in the cc or had achieved a Slayer goal recently. I guess we just got to busy and it got forgotten.

I have no problem with the idea as long as it is kept simple. One award for one person at a time. Anymore than this and you are asking for trouble. Trust me. It will be to hard to keep track of. Also if luets are to run this, I don't want to see people getting ranked because they're a someone's friend. I would like to see people who genuinely deserve it. And if we here of any shenanigans the idea will be scrapped.

And bronze ranks are more than "just a rank". They are valued members of the Slayer Nest community who are seen to be active within the cc and who we want to see coming back again and again to the chat.

Back to top Go down
https://slayernest.forumotion.com
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:07 am

woot im a "valued member" to the nest Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Yeah the only thing that I don't like out of this is the requirements portion. The only requirement I would have is showing general respect to all players in the nest, and being overall helpful. Other than that I'd say you don't need to do more for this.
Back to top Go down
Gan_real
Kurask
Gan_real

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Chaotic Hopa wrote:
Yeah the only thing that I don't like out of this is the requirements portion. The only requirement I would have is showing general respect to all players in the nest, and being overall helpful. Other than that I'd say you don't need to do more for this.

+1
Back to top Go down
https://slayernest.forumotion.com
Benjamyn099
Brine Rat
Benjamyn099

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Then it's settled. Starting next Monday, everyone pay attention in the cc, mark down (if you care to take notes and whatnot) people who are deserving of the weekly award. After every 2 months, they are eligable for the award again. Just so it's fair for others to get a chance to shine.
Back to top Go down
islayerangel
Cave Horror
islayerangel

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:27 am

I'm afraid people will try to hard to get this :/
But the idea is pretty cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:05 am

yep good idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Thedark Army
Mogre
Thedark Army

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:39 pm

and of those that are unable to attend due to different places in the world? usually when an event is held, its about 5am my time, and tbh, i dont want to get up specially at 5am for runescape Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:36 pm

As an added bonus, i will ban my evil squirrel army from spying on the special person for the WHOLE week.
Tracking devices are a different matter, hard to shut them off when already in you.
Back to top Go down
Titan
Killerwatt
Titan

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:06 pm

I love the concept, cept events are on at like 2am, 4am and 7.30am usually. Most on Saturdays or Sundays.

I just took up rowing, so I can't attend at saturday like 7am-12pm, and i need sleep for it, so cant attend earlier.

So i guess I'm out of the Week reward Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TehRunePro
Maroon slays
Gargoyle
Maroon slays

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:04 pm

To be completely honest I don't like this idea. We had something similar in the pvp clan I used to co-lead and it reminds me to much of a clan and not enough of a help cc. When I first joined the nest, at least from what I gathered, people weren't helping to get a smiley face or to get a rank, they were helping because thats what the nest did. I'm just weary of this concept because people will, more than they already have been lately, try to be helpful untill they get a rank and then start showing their true colors.

Just my thoughts. afro
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:17 pm

Maroon does bring up a good point here. I pretty much agree with him 100%.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member of the Week/Month   Member of the Week/Month Empty

Back to top Go down

Member of the Week/Month
Page 1 of 1