The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[EoC] Slayer monsters Guides

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

[EoC] Slayer monsters Guides Empty
PostSubject: [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides   [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:35 am

Welcome,

Once again I'd like to ask all of you, to participate and be part of this new Evolution of Combat Slayer monsters Guides thread.
As old thread, Unique guide to all Slayer monsters, is out-of-date, I'd like to give it another start.
New thread, where anyone can post short guides to relevant Slayer task monsters.
Aim of this thread is to share informations, tips and effective ways of completing your Slayer tasks.
What is your way? How do you do it?

Below you can find a template, which can be used for your guides (not required).

Slayer monster:
Weakness:
Monster combat level:
Monster location: (how to get there information - optional)
Slayer master:
Possible skip task: YES/NO (reason why yes/no)

(Optional)
Combat levels: (Attack/Strength/Magic/Ranged, Defence, Summoning, Constitution (HP), Prayer)

Weapon to use: (if can, include alternatives to your chosen weapon) (on and off-hand)
Armour to use: (if can, include alternatives to your chosen armour and jewelry)
Familiar to use: (if any)
Tactic: action bar (abilities to use and other informations about action bar), Prayer usage, other optional boosts or items needed (potions of any kind, Bonecrusher/Herbicide, Dreadnips, etc.)

Other informations: (insert other relevant informations about monster, XPs gains, money gains, slow/fast task, location informations (how to/where to/best spot), weapon/armour/items used, etc.)

Please note, above template IS NOT must to be used, but can be in help, so no information is left behind.
(If anyone got any suggestions about this template, feel free to share!)
Pictures are optional, but are a great addition, as they can be easy source of various informations, etc. .

Nevertheless this is a Guides thread, please feel free to discuss about Guides posted; aid guides with any informations, tips, tricks and hints you might have Wink

Second post is reserved for list of monster guides (on which page of the thread they can be found and other important informations).

I do hope this thread will get its deserved amount of posts and that it, eventually, will turn into great source of informations that can be found on one place.

Without further ado,

Happy Slaying!

Ps. Got your Hati Paws and Sköll boots yet? Wink

Last edited by Ziksy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides   [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:36 am

Slayer monster Guides list and additional informations

This post serves as somekind of Table of content. In help so you can find your desired Guide faster and easier.

Monsters are posted in alphabetical order.

- Grifoalpines (Water spells): page 1, post 3 (Ziksy)
- Jungle Strykewyrms (Stab): page 1, post 5 (Pholus)
- Nechryaels (Crush): page 1, post 4 (Ziksy)

Last edited by Ziksy on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides   [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:10 am

Slayer monster: Grifoalpine
Weakness: Water spells
Monster combat level: 148
Monster location: PolyPore dungeon (Fairy Rings code: BIP; go twice down the vine and run north - there are about 5 spawns ofGrifoalpines)
Slayer master: Kuradal (quantity: 67)
Possible skip task: NO (Grifoalpines yeild ~293 Slayer XPs per kill)

(Optional)
Combat levels: Magic level: 89, Defence level 95

Weapon to use: Staff of Light (it saves some runes and it is very accurate - hit 1.5k+ easil constant (downgrade staff to either Air/Water battlestaff)
Armour to use: SUbjugation robes, God cape, Seer's ring (can be down/upgraded to Ahrim's, Batwing, etc.)
Familiar to use: Healing familiar (Bunyip works great; Unicron Stallion)
Tactic: build up our special bar and just use momentum, kills are easy, so no special abilities are really needed. Can use SoulSplit curse for any additional healing needed (not needed really though)

Other informations:You can use Neem oil, but as said, Bunyip will keep up with all the extra damage taken. Full task takes 15-30 minutes tops. Drops are in general stackable, so no banking trips are required.

Last edited by Ziksy on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides   [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:21 am

Slayer monster: Nechryaels
Weakness: Crush
Monster combat level: 138
Monster location: Canfis' Slayer Tower, or Chaos Tunnels (enter the Chaos Tunnels just north from Monastery - use the North-West portal at Gargoyles - run west at Skeletons/Mummies (or w/e those are) to the Zamorak Wizards room - use North-East portal to Dust Devils - West portal to Black Demons - South-West portal to Earth Warriors - run North and use the most northern portal to Dagganoths - east to Nechryaels.)
Slayer master: Kuradal
Possible skip task: YES (drops aren't really great, and Nechryaels yeild total of 114.5 Slayer XPs per kill)

(Optional)
Combat levels: Attack/Strength 92, Defence 95, HP 95

Weapon to use: Saradomin Sword (can use other Crush weapons, such as Barrow's weapon, Chaotic maul, etc.)
Armour to use: full Bandos armour (can be replaced with Barrow armour, Nex armour, but Dragon/Rune, etc. will work just as fine with 80ish Combat stats
Familiar to use: Healing Familiar (Bunyip works great, as Nechryaels will drop cooked Tuna from time to time)
Tactic: as this is easy task, I just turn-on Momentum and can 2-hit them at constant rate; no extra healing is needed. Super/Extreme potions can help, Overloads will be OP.

Other informations: Don't forget Infernal urns, as Nechryaels will drop Infernal ashes!
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

PostSubject: Re: [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides   [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:02 pm

slayer monster: Jungle Strykewyrms
Weakness: stab
Combat lvl: 134
Slayer master: Dura, Kura
Possible skip task: Yes, strykes arent aggressive

Weapon: 2x cr (can also use zs, but I prefer dual-wield since I use momentum), korasi + some oh stab
Armour: I use bcp + tassets with fsh
[EoC] Slayer monsters Guides Jstryk10
Familiar: If I bother with one, I use a bunyip
Tactic: I prefer to use momentum, as sometimes the action of investigating the mound can cause you to lose all adrenaline. They drop lobsters which help with healing, and also elite clues (if you do clues).

Other information: like all strykewyrms, they dont drop bones or ashes, so no prayer xp to be found here.
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides   [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:14 am

I wasn't doing much Slayer training lately, reason being metal Dragons tasks, so I'm training Herblore at the moment. Will reach level 85 in few days hopefully, so I can start slaying again and guides will come Wink

Others should also be inspired Smile Not full guides required, ALL tips/tricks are welcome, also to the monsters-guides that haven't been added/posted yet. If you find great spot, good method or anything that can provide a helpful boost to others training Slayer, feel free to share Very Happy

Cheers and thank you.
Back to top Go down
Ketalar
Mutated Jadinko Guard
Ketalar

PostSubject: Re: [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides   [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:47 am

Ziksy, if we all gave you pictures and guides, would you update this thread? I still have a lot of slaying to do so I could get pictures from pretty much all tasks, as well as write useful guides
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides   [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:27 am

Yes, sure I'd Smile

The reason I haven't updated it (although I have quite some "gear" pictures) is because noone really used it :p Easier to just ask your Slayer-Master what to use and that's it.

But if you want to contribute with informations and useful tricks/tips - I'll sure add and update the thread Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides   [EoC] Slayer monsters Guides Empty

Back to top Go down

[EoC] Slayer monsters Guides
Page 1 of 1