The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Basic Guide for slayer task monsters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
C_Rule
Cave Bug
C_Rule

Basic Guide for slayer task monsters Empty
PostSubject: Basic Guide for slayer task monsters   Basic Guide for slayer task monsters EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:39 pm

This is just some basic info for some of the slayer monsters I know well.
If you have something to add that you think is important please tell me.
If you want to add a new monster to my list please tell me.

I have added a few more.

These will be in no particular order. (for now)

Bloodveld
Charms: Not very good for charms, drop alot of green.
Drops: Not good for drops, best drop is rune med.
XP: Bloodvelds are pretty decent xp, they have 120 hp at 76 combat.
Info: Bloodvelds use a mage based attack so use karils or d'h here.

Waterfiend
Charms: Very good for crimson charms they will drop a crimson charm about 8/10 kills.
Drops:They drop alot of noted stuff which is worth picking up to pay for the prayer pots (you should make more money than the prayer pots cost you.)
XP: Average xp.
Info: Use karils or black d'h and prayer range while at waterfiends. They are weak against crush attacks so use a good crush weapon (Godsword, zammy spear or Saradomin sword are good here). Also, Bring the scrolls for bunyip (swallow whole) because waterfiends drop plenty of raw lobs and sharks.

Black Demon
Charms: They are a decent crimson charm dropper.
Drops: Nothing worth picking up, unless your lucky and get a ranarr.
XP: Decent xp due to their high hp.
Info: You will lose some money killing these as the best way to kill them is using protect melee and they drop nothing to pay for the prayer pots. However there is a safe spot to range them from in the chaos tunnels.

Gargoyle
Charms: Decent for charms, drop more blues than other monsters.
Drops: G maul, Black mystic top, Rune full helm, noted pure ess.
XP: These are pretty good xp.
Info: All round, these are a good task, however its abit tedious whacking each on on the head with your rock hammer.

Spiritual Mage
Charms: Do not drop any charms.
Drops: Dragon boots!, noted pure ess.
XP: For their level, they have low defence, these are very good xp.
Info: Use good prayer gear and just protect mage.

Dust Devil
Charms: Above average, good for crimsons (not as good as people make out)
Drops: Nothing much, they drop a few things worth picking up. D chain is 1/5000 at Dusties (dont get your hopes up lol).
XP: Good xp.
Info: I have gotten D chain from them! Basic Guide for slayer task monsters Icon_eek

Black Dragon
Charms: Not too bad for charms, drop three at a time. Drop green charms more than the other three.
Drops: D'h & Bones, nothing else worth picking up, unless you get a Vissy lol.
XP: Not very good for xp, they have very high defence.
Info: I kill these in Zanaris (Eveil chicken lair) and bank the hides and bones, doesn't make the task much longer.

Blue Dragon
Charms: Average
Drops: D'h & bones, rune dagger. nothing else worth picking up.
XP: Above average xp at blue drags.
Info:If you have 70+ Agil (65+ with summers pie), kill blue drags in Taverly dungeon and bank the hides, you can make a nice amount of cash from blue drags.

Aberrant Spectre
Charms: Average.
Drops: These drop alot of ranarrs, Lava battlestaff, Rune fullhelm, Black mystic bottom.
XP: Average.
Info: If killing these in the slayer tower just use karils/d'h. Or if you kill these in the pollnivneach dungeon with a cannon you will need to use good prayer gear and use protect mage.
I rather just kill these in slayer tower because the cannon method is alot of stuffing around.

Nechryael
Charms: Nechryael's are VERY overrated they are not a good crimson charm dropper like people say they are.
Drops: Rune boots, Rune fullhelm (they apparently drop more run stuff (none of which I have ever gotten) But Ive listed the 2 you can expect to get atleast one of per task). These also drop alot of toadflax seeds.
XP: Pretty good xp.
Info: People will tell you these are good for crimsons, this is rubbish i don't know where it started but anyone who has had these a few times will tell you there are not that good for charms.

Mithril Dragon
Charms: Average charms,Drop four at a time.
Drop: They are a metal drag so that drop three bars of their metal + D bones, some rune items (Mace, Bar and B axe are common). Dragon fullhelm!
XP: probably the slowest slayer xp there is lol.
Info: I take a BoB (terrorbird ect...) with me, summon it when i get down there and then put all the mith bars I get into it, this helps pay for the trip.

Dagannoth (lvl 72 & 92)
Charms: Not very good, more gold than other three.
Drops: Quite a few snap seeds, plus some other high level seeds (I get 1-3 snap seeds a task).
XP: Very good! XP wise, dags are the best slayer task.
Info: This is a good task to use a cannon. HOWEVER, don't think you can set you cannon up in a world with other people and they will all just run away. Anyone of a decent combat level is going to do more damage than your cannon, so you will just be helping them get a kill and wasting cannon balls. If you want to use your cannon, find a free world.

This is all Ill do for now, gunna do abit of slayer and work on this again later.
Tell me what you think so far please.
Basic Guide for slayer task monsters Icon_smile

Last edited by C_Rule on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:10 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maroon slays
Gargoyle
Maroon slays

PostSubject: Re: Basic Guide for slayer task monsters   Basic Guide for slayer task monsters EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:53 pm

Very nice guide

Little correction though, Bloodvelds best drop is Half key

Other than that great guide so far Smile
Back to top Go down
C_Rule
Cave Bug
C_Rule

PostSubject: Re: Basic Guide for slayer task monsters   Basic Guide for slayer task monsters EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:56 pm

Thanx Basic Guide for slayer task monsters Icon_surprised

I wasn't going to add shield half, d spear or key half as nearly everything drops it.

What you think?
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Basic Guide for slayer task monsters   Basic Guide for slayer task monsters EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 10:56 pm

Half keys drop more than the other two from my experience, but it's your call. Those 3 aren't common and really aren't worth going out of your way to get them. Also to add to the waterfiends portion; Saradomin Sword is very effective on them. Great job so far on the guide C Rule Smile
Back to top Go down
C_Rule
Cave Bug
C_Rule

PostSubject: Re: Basic Guide for slayer task monsters   Basic Guide for slayer task monsters EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:02 pm

Thanx, forgot about sara sword, added in.
Back to top Go down
Maroon slays
Gargoyle
Maroon slays

PostSubject: Re: Basic Guide for slayer task monsters   Basic Guide for slayer task monsters EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:30 am

C_Rule wrote:
Thanx Basic Guide for slayer task monsters Icon_surprised

I wasn't going to add shield half, d spear or key half as nearly everything drops it.

What you think?

Good point, I have had quite a few bloodveld tsk and only one teeth half key
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic Guide for slayer task monsters   Basic Guide for slayer task monsters Empty

Back to top Go down

Basic Guide for slayer task monsters
Page 1 of 1