The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guide to Slayer Tasks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

Guide to Slayer Tasks Empty
PostSubject: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyTue May 19, 2015 5:21 am

Ever wondered how Slayer Tasks 'dice-roll' works? What are the chances of you getting that exact task?

This and few additional informations I collected.
(If you see any mistakes or Informations that should be added, let me know and I'll dig 'em up Smile)
Informations have been collected on various places (HLF - RSOF, RS Wikia, . . .)

Three sections:
• Best Slayer Exp per Hour
• Best Overall Exp per Hour
• Casual Slayer with good efficiency and gp making (based on 150k slayer exp per hour cut off)

Best Slayer Exp per Hour (VIP Tickets required)

Prefer:

• Kal'gerion Demons*
• Airuts
• Waterfiends
• Elves
• Abyssal Demons

Block:

• Dark Beasts
• Greater Demons
• Any tasks with 10 weighting x 5

Cancel the rest of the tasks not on prefer list. You should break even on points in the long run.

I'm adding this Google Spreadsheet here. All rights go to Lifer (RSN).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rKJz1E_CFM_Z6jtUWWfqF8KE_1XvJeLjy-fuepUrL1Q/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Best Overall Exp per Hour (VIP Tickets required) - Dragonseance

Prefer:

• Airuts
• Dark Beasts
* Abyssal Demons
• Kal'gerion Demons*
• Waterfiends

Block:

• Greater Demons
• Elves
• Any tasks with 10 weighting x 5

Cancel the rest of the tasks not on prefer list. You should break even on points in the long run.

* Kal'Gerion Demons: This can be outdated, due to Darklight-nerf. Not sure how Kal'gerion Demons XPs stand now.

Prefer:

• Elves
• Kal'gerion Demons (Upgraded DarkLight from Dimension of Disaster is really OP + OH drygore)
• Abyssal Demons
• Airuts
• Celestial Dragons
• Waterfiends
• Dark Beasts

Block List: (Based on 150k slayer exp cutoff)

• Grotworm
• Vyrewatch
• Mutated Jadinko
• Steel Dragon
• Ascension Members (If not doing legiones, legiones task is ~130k slayer exp per hour)
• Dagannoth (If not doing DKS, DKS task is ~130k slayer exp per hour)
• Gargoyles

Cancel

• Desert Strykeyrm
• Iron Dragon
• Kalphite (unless pet hunting for KQ/KK)
* Tzhaar (if not doing fight cauldron, one of best combat exp tasks)
• Black Dragons (if you're not looking to get pet/gp from QBD (~40k slayer exp/h)
\t\t or KBD pet (~70k slayer exp/h)

(If you're looking to block any in the cancel list, replace the blocked task with lowest weighting with the desired task to be blocked.

Or if you want to unblock a task: fill the empty slot with a cancel task with the highest weighting.

Normally, to create an efficient block list, start with a list of tasks to cancel. Then block those with highest weightings and cancel the rest.)

Unlockable tasks:

• Aquanites - don't unlock (unless doing ~150k farming exp per hour with seedicide)
• Glacor - do unlock
• Muspah - do unlock
• Nihil - don't unlock (they're awesome cash though, ~100k gp per pouch)
• Tormented Demons - don't unlock

Each slayer task has a particular weight assigned to it.

List of all possible tasks that Morvan can assign and their corresponding weight:

Abyssal demons
Airut
Ascension members
Automatons
Aviansie
Aquanites
Black demons
Black dragons
Celestial dragons
Dagannoth
Dark beasts
Desert stryks
Elves
Edimmu
Gargoyles
Ganodermic creatures
Glacors
Greater demons
Grotworms
Ice stryks
Iron dragons
Kalgerion demons
Kalphites
Lava stryks
Mithril dragons
Muspah
Mutated jadinkos
Nechryael
Nihil
Shadow creatures
Steel dragons
TzHaar
Tormented demons
Vyrewatch
Waterfiends

Total weight

The chance of getting a particular slayer assignment is calculated as follows:

Weight of task / Weight of all tasks combined x 100%

So, if we take Waterfiends (weight = 10) for example, then the chance of getting that task normally is:

10/305 x 100 = 3.3%

However, if you block a task, you must subtract the weight value of the blocked task from the total value, so for example if we block Glacors (weight = 10), then the new calculation of getting a Waterfiends task becomes:

Total weight = 305 - 10 = 295

10/295 x 100 = 3.4%

Each 50 quest points you have allow you to block 1 task therefore you can block a maximum of 7 tasks currently.

When you prefer a task, you double the chance of receiving it.

If you use a Slayer V.I.P ticket, you get to choose from 2 slayer tasks. As you can imagine this increases you XP per hour because you now have 2 chances to receive your preferred task. If you choose the first option, your ticket will not be used (as this option is what would have been chosen if you didn't have the ticket).

Finally, there are two lists because the first list gives the most SLAYER XP per hour, whereas the second list gives the most OVERALL XP per hour, this includes combat experience.

Last edited by Ziksy on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Conc Blast
Bloodveld

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyTue May 19, 2015 2:17 pm

Fastest Spawn K'ril's 300k/h combat xp and 120k/h slayer if you do a kill per minute, ignoring the minions.

Since that's block worthy, what are the rates for the chosen tasks?
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyWed May 20, 2015 1:50 am

Conc Blast wrote:
Fastest Spawn K'ril's 300k/h combat xp and 120k/h slayer if you do a kill per minute, ignoring the minions.

Since that's block worthy, what are the rates for the chosen tasks?

I believe you're refering to this part:

Best Overall Exp per Hour (VIP Tickets required) - Dragonseance

Prefer:

• Airuts
• Dark Beasts
* Abyssal Demons
• Kal'gerion Demons*
• Waterfiends

Block:

• Greater Demons

I got the info somewhere, I'll dig it up.
As it stands now, I haven't really tested Kal'gerion demons with DPS (Magic) so I'm unsure of current total XPs.
GWD tasks are overall great XPs, so you can easy switch the two.
I'll update the sections while I get tasks to keep 'em up-to-date as much.
If you got any informations feel free to share, I'm open for discussion! Wink
Thanks for input!
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyWed May 20, 2015 4:45 am

Alternative method for casual slaying: do the tasks you like, skip/block the tasks you don't like. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rohiit
Harpie Bug Swarm
Rohiit

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyWed May 20, 2015 9:33 am

I seems to be getting these tasks a lot - Grifolaroos, Grifolapines, Living rock creatures, iron and steel drags and Gargoyles.

prefer list - elves, airuts, dark beast, asc creatures, Ganodermic creatures.

Ignore list - blue dragon, Spiritual mages, Vyrewatch, Warped terrorbirds, Jungle strykewyrms.

i will add waterfinds to my prefer list, not sure about abyssal demon, i have always found them annoying for some reason. anyway kindly suggest: what should be added to ignore list when thinking about best slayer xp per hour? (also i do use vip ticket but not much)
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyWed May 20, 2015 10:29 am

SoulDraekeun wrote:
I seems to be getting these tasks a lot - Grifolaroos, Grifolapines, Living rock creatures, iron and steel drags and Gargoyles.

prefer list - elves, airuts, dark beast, asc creatures, Ganodermic creatures.

Ignore list - blue dragon, Spiritual mages, Vyrewatch, Warped terrorbirds, Jungle strykewyrms.

i will add waterfinds to my prefer list, not sure about abyssal demon, i have always found them annoying for some reason. anyway kindly suggest: what should be added to ignore list when thinking about best slayer xp per hour? (also i do use vip ticket but not much)

What Slayer master do you use? By the info written you use Kuradal.
Morvran's tasks are way better XPs and GP wise.
Would you like me to write best list for Kuradal too?

Villiama wrote:
Alternative method for casual slaying: do the tasks you like, skip/block the tasks you don't like. Razz

I agree Smile Not sure, if it's just me, but I like 80% of tasks I get. (VIP tickets and all) Not most efficient, but i like it.
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyWed May 20, 2015 10:41 am

Make a list of the best ironman tasks!!

Great guide btw Smile
Back to top Go down
Rohiit
Harpie Bug Swarm
Rohiit

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyWed May 20, 2015 11:20 am

Yeah, i mostly use Kuradal:) sometime i also do
Morvran's tasks but not as much.
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyThu May 21, 2015 2:08 am

SoulDraekeun wrote:
Yeah, i mostly use Kuradal:) sometime i also do
Morvran's tasks but not as much.

May I ask why? Just curious. I did Kuradal to 99, then made a pause with Slayer (for MaxCape). Came back to Slayer after Prifddinas was released.
All around tasks are WAY BETTER at Morvran, than at Kuradal.
Some lousy tasks are completelly left out at Morvran (excluding some bad loot/GP tasks from start).
At Morvran you can easy get good tasks everytime.
Cabbage Punch Bonanza is great way for obtaining VIP Tickets. With Prefer/Block lists you're on great path for good gp and/or XP per hour profits.
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyThu May 21, 2015 2:10 am

Barca wrote:
Make a list of the best ironman tasks!!

Great guide btw Smile

I don't even do IM :O

But you're more than welcome to contribute some informations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyThu May 21, 2015 8:38 am

You are obviously not taking into account that SoulDraekeun is so pro at slaying that the extra time taken to Lodestone-teleport and run to Morvran is not worth it compared to the instantaneous teleport to Kuradal. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rohiit
Harpie Bug Swarm
Rohiit

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyThu May 21, 2015 10:38 am

Ziksy wrote:
May I ask why? Just curious. I did Kuradal to 99, then made a pause with Slayer (for MaxCape). Came back to Slayer after Prifddinas was released.
All around tasks are WAY BETTER at Morvran, than at Kuradal.
well, i know Morvran is way better. i am gonna switch to Morvran soon:) as for why i use Kuradal, no particular reason, its just a old habit to go to her and ask for tasks. another reason was the monster known as jad, i can't even recall how many attempt i did to kill him even outside the tasks, in the end i used dt dart (which i had in bank) to finish him off for the karamja tasks. (i also took a long break from slayer for max) I have began slaying again since i have only farm skill left to deal with. so i will be using the prefer list you have provided for morvran:) any other monster to add to ignore list for best slayer xp method?

Villiama wrote:
You are obviously not taking into account that SoulDraekeun is so pro at slaying that the extra time taken to Lodestone-teleport and run to Morvran is not worth it compared to the instantaneous teleport to Kuradal.
But i do have fero rings which can allow me teleport to morvran and don't worry i can prolly use lunar spellbook for Morvran tasks:) lodestone-teleport is indeed what i simply try avoid now a days(unless on a farm run). because i got this thing called 'teleport-lag-loading-disconnect'. your game session has ended.
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyThu May 21, 2015 2:41 pm

O, fero can teleport to morvran too? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyThu May 21, 2015 11:17 pm

Villiama wrote:
You can add that teleport to the ring for 100 slayer points.
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyThu May 21, 2015 11:55 pm

SoulDraekeun wrote:
Any other monster to add to ignore list for best slayer xp method?
What I keep on my Block-list:
- Gargoyles
- Grotworms
- Nechryaels
- Vyrewatch
- Desert Strykewyrms
- TzHaar

The tasks usually yield low Slayer XPs or crap loot (or I just don't like 'em :p)
You can always use the Block/Cancel/Unlockable tasks lists written under Casual Slayer to help you out decide which are best tasks overal. Smile
As you said, do it for fun and if you're after pure XPs, you'll find it easier doing faster tasks and canceling/blocking slower ones when you get them.
I usually don't skip tasks (have like ~10 since I hit 99), as VIP tickets and lists make it too easy to maintain good tasks Smile

Villiama wrote:
Barca wrote:
Villiama wrote:
Yes, exactlly Smile
Back to top Go down
Rohiit
Harpie Bug Swarm
Rohiit

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyFri May 22, 2015 6:12 am

Ziksy wrote:
What I keep on my Block-list:
- Gargoyles
- Grotworms
- Nechryaels
- Vyrewatch
- Desert Strykewyrms
- TzHaar
             Yeah, sounds good, will be using this list. thanks:)

Villiama wrote:
O, fero can teleport to morvran too? Guide to Slayer Tasks Icon_surprised
Barca wrote:
Ziksy wrote:
Yes, exactlly Guide to Slayer Tasks Icon_smile
              Yep!!
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Added a Google Spreadsheet (author: Lifer (RSN); best Slayer XPs/hr - full breakdown of tasks), still work in progress, but got some nice informations stored.

(link can also be found in OP)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rKJz1E_CFM_Z6jtUWWfqF8KE_1XvJeLjy-fuepUrL1Q/edit?pli=1#gid=0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Slayer Tasks   Guide to Slayer Tasks Empty

Back to top Go down

Guide to Slayer Tasks
Page 1 of 1