The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skeletal Wyvern Guide

Go down 
+6
burn samora
zang of sn
Maroon slays
Benjamyn099
Gan_real
Bulletbanter
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Bulletbanter
Cave Bug
Bulletbanter

Skeletal Wyvern Guide Empty
PostSubject: Skeletal Wyvern Guide   Skeletal Wyvern Guide EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Okay this is my first attempt at ever making a guide, but i will try include everything i wear/do when im on a Skele task. These tasks take about 20 mins, arent very hard and can be very profitable.

Equipped: Black D'hide body and chaps, Slayer helm, Dragon boots, Whip, Fury, Skill cape (t), Explorers Ring (lol), Barrows gloves,Dragonfire Shield. Bunyip/Unicorn

Elemental shield or Mind shield Or Dragonfire shield are an ABSOLUTE MUST or they will destroy and you wont like getting hit 50's very much. Anti-Dragon (the noob one) doesnt work only the dragonfire counts. There quite weak to Slash so a whip works best. Explorers ring works for quick tele back there and to recharge pray/summoning.
Fury can be subbed for glory, D'hide with karils, but i prefer my own setup. Bunyip works well for healing same with unicorn, but for lower summoning a BoB can be taken with more food.

Invent: 5 Prayer Pots (4), Enhanced Excaliber, Sup Attack (4), Sup Str(4), 1 Click tele, Rest Sharks / Monkfish.

You could also take Fally shield (3) but its kinda a waste cos there quite a quick task. Pots are optional, dds works well on them instead of EE but i prefer the added defence and hp bonus from the special.

The fight: I normally tele cabbage patch with ring, run all the way south past the prayer alter and summoning obelisk to get to the cave, and through again to get to wyverns. If BoB you shouldv'e already summoned, if not summon before u go in and pot up if your gona use Sup Set (sometimes i cant be bothered getting them). When i wear d'hide i pro melee, but iv seen people people pray range, personally i think there roughly the same. Just hit them with all you got!! And good luck in granite legs drop, i got some today luckily (7/11/09). The bones sell well in Ge and are worth roughly 4.5kea and are worth keeping since these dont drop much else, and keep charms if you like summoning of course Smile

Normally you can get a full invent wyvern bones and still have some food / pots to spare so either bury the bones and keep fighting or bank (which i do cos i like the price of bones) and just start over.

If anything is missing out, you have or need advice or anything at all let me know plz, chats always on or over this sweet forum Smile Can anyone please just like give feedback never written a guide before and tips would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Gan_real
Kurask
Gan_real

PostSubject: Re: Skeletal Wyvern Guide   Skeletal Wyvern Guide EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:56 pm

looks like a great guide, never done wyvrens before even though I have the level so I will definitely use this guide when i get my first task!
Back to top Go down
https://slayernest.forumotion.com
Bulletbanter
Cave Bug
Bulletbanter

PostSubject: Guide update   Skeletal Wyvern Guide EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 9:12 pm

I actually forgot to add for the rangers of the Nest, theirs actually a safe spot for these, and they can be quite annoying to get it, but once there not aggresive, it can be done successfully.

You stand at one side of the entrance and put on long range, pot up or whatever and range them across the door. This is probably the cheapest option as its saving on prayer pots, but you stil need the mind/elemental/Dragonfire (not anti fire)!! or you still get smashed...

Happy slaying.

Once i get used to this forum stuff il try add a pic of the safe spot and pics of armour setups/invent setups that have worked best for me. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Bulletbanter on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Benjamyn099
Brine Rat
Benjamyn099

PostSubject: Re: Skeletal Wyvern Guide   Skeletal Wyvern Guide EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 9:29 am

very very nice guide. Thanks for posting this. I can't wait for skeles now
Back to top Go down
Maroon slays
Gargoyle
Maroon slays

PostSubject: Re: Skeletal Wyvern Guide   Skeletal Wyvern Guide EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:15 pm

Nice guide man. I have heard wyverns are terrible task but it doesnt look to terrible Smile
Back to top Go down
zang of sn
Jelly
zang of sn

PostSubject: skeletal wyverns   Skeletal Wyvern Guide EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:05 pm

would u be able to tell me wat stats are recermended plz

soz about terrible spelling
Back to top Go down
burn samora
Harpie Bug Swarm
burn samora

PostSubject: Re: Skeletal Wyvern Guide   Skeletal Wyvern Guide EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 8:45 am

hmmm has anyone ever wondered if u wear karil's/d'hide the wyverns still hit hard even if u turn protect mage/range on? i realy doubt no one noticed here.

but i mean COME ON!!

HOW THE FREAKING WYVERNS STILL HITTING ME EVEN IF I TURN MY PRAY ON WTF???? confused confused

anyway very nice skeletal wyverns guide man! 15/10 Wink

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtQ5KhfdVJQ
burn samora
Harpie Bug Swarm
burn samora

PostSubject: Re: Skeletal Wyvern Guide   Skeletal Wyvern Guide EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:27 am

i weared last skeletal task my bandos armor and these wyverns didnt hit alot anymore cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtQ5KhfdVJQ
Grind Erb
Rockslug
Grind Erb

PostSubject: Re: Skeletal Wyvern Guide   Skeletal Wyvern Guide EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:45 am

thx for guide man ! Smile helped me alot !
Back to top Go down
Wanahunuluge
Grifolaroo
Wanahunuluge

PostSubject: Re: Skeletal Wyvern Guide   Skeletal Wyvern Guide EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Just wondering as im really low defence, is there any safespot to range them?

And would you just say it would be easier to skip them at 70 def?

- Sorry if i missed the safespot part in your guide
Back to top Go down
islayerangel
Cave Horror
islayerangel

PostSubject: Re: Skeletal Wyvern Guide   Skeletal Wyvern Guide EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:16 am

the safespot is right at the entrance. sometimes i think u need to trap them on corners though.
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: Skeletal Wyvern Guide   Skeletal Wyvern Guide EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:31 pm

Thanks a lot!

My first Skeletal Wyverns task and it showed up it isn't that hard Very Happy

I'll post my method in the Slayer Monster Guides section too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skeletal Wyvern Guide   Skeletal Wyvern Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Skeletal Wyvern Guide
Page 1 of 1