The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Voting about saturday events

Go down 
+7
Clear A Bowl
Gan_real
Mymagerules
weets
bowser8mario
Tangy Elf
Benjamyn099
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gast

Voting about saturday events Empty
PostSubject: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:12 pm

I got an idea : why not let the people in the slayer nest vote of what kind of event they want that week (for once for twice in a month)?

genreals and silver stars chose 4 events where the people in the slayer nest can vote for so it will look like this
you can vote for the following events :
1.Corporeal beast
2.Pest control
3.Trouble brewing
4.PvP event

the event with the most votes will be announced at friday and will be done the next day.

sorry for the grammar im not that good in English.

read and comment!

Last edited by HiHaHo80 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Benjamyn099
Brine Rat
Benjamyn099

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:24 pm

Corp =p
Back to top Go down
Tangy Elf
Night Spider
Tangy Elf

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:36 pm

HiHaHo this is why i posted for ideas in events section rendeer
Back to top Go down
bowser8mario
Infernal Mage
bowser8mario

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Good idea hi I asked weetsy and he said it's a general think Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
weets
Spiritual Warrior
weets

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:51 pm

i think this could be done but the problem we had last time was people voting and not showing up. It happens every time we vote on an event... though maby if we have it so that only votes posted on these forums will count this would also provide an incentive to use this forum.
I do think generals should still have the right to select the 4 events that you nesters could choose from though.
Back to top Go down
bowser8mario
Infernal Mage
bowser8mario

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:53 pm

That sounds alot better weetsy Very Happy
and I vote pest control Neutral bad list but better than armadyl god wars Sad!
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:01 pm

@ weets i think the genreals should chose things and mabye only once or twice a month.
@ browser you should think this is a list as it could be , genreals decides Smile.

i like the comments and this is only an idea so things can change Smile!
Back to top Go down
Mymagerules
Pyrefiend
Mymagerules

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:06 pm

yeah, this is how stuff used to work, but people voted stuff like corp, and zammy, that we needed alot of people for and weren't too accessible, then never turned up.

We could trial it though?
Back to top Go down
Gan_real
Kurask
Gan_real

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:09 pm

If the generals choose the events then I am sure they will try to keep them around mid-high level events so even with 5 - 6 people we can still do it, and if we get a bunch of members then they can split up into groups.
Back to top Go down
https://slayernest.forumotion.com
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Mymagerules wrote:
yeah, this is how stuff used to work, but people voted stuff like corp, and zammy, that we needed alot of people for and weren't too accessible, then never turned up.

We could trial it though?

*looks to the genereals of the nest*

Last edited by HiHaHo80 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Clear A Bowl
Cave Crawler
Clear A Bowl

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:47 pm

You also must consider the fact that the nest has grown substantially since the voting for events policy was removed.
Back to top Go down
Maroon slays
Gargoyle
Maroon slays

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 4:08 pm

F1 Bomber wrote:
If the generals choose the events then I am sure they will try to keep them around mid-high level events so even with 5 - 6 people we can still do it, and if we get a bunch of members then they can split up into groups.

Thats seems reasonable, Seems hard not to find at least 5 people if its posted a week in advance
Back to top Go down
weets
Spiritual Warrior
weets

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:41 am

trust me, it wouldnt work if we let the nest decide completely what event...we have like 1000 different people that come in there would be too many people choosing too many different events for it to work.

i think how it could work though is have a poll with 4 different choices...

(skiller event)
(pvp event)
(pvm event)
(other event)

here is an example:

Stealing Creation []
Castle Wars []
Armadyl Godwars mass []
Hide & Seek []

clearly the event with the highest number of votes would be that weeks event. I think it could work!
Back to top Go down
Gan_real
Kurask
Gan_real

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 4:23 am

I am also planning on starting once a month a "slayer week" player will register on the forums if they want to compete and right before the event starts their slayer experience will be taken down. The event will go for a full week and the player that gets the most slayer experience will get a special post rank "The Awesomesauce" and get to give one member of their choice the post rank "(winner's name)'s butler"
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:55 am

Weetsyboy wrote:
trust me, it wouldnt work if we let the nest decide completely what event...we have like 1000 different people that come in there would be too many people choosing too many different events for it to work.

i think how it could work though is have a poll with 4 different choices...

(skiller event)
(pvp event)
(pvm event)
(other event)

here is an example:

Stealing Creation []
Castle Wars []
Armadyl Godwars mass []
Hide & Seek []

clearly the event with the highest number of votes would be that weeks event. I think it could work!

the part of the events is what i ment to say @ first post weets Very Happy

1.Corporeal beast = Monster event
2.Pest control = minigame (other event)
3.Trouble brewing = Skilling minigame
4.PvP event = player vs player event

aint it ? and we could always trial/test it and look how it goes...

Last edited by HiHaHo80 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : i like to edit :D)
Back to top Go down
bowser8mario
Infernal Mage
bowser8mario

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:39 am

Sounds good bomber.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:51 am

The way it works at the moment is the generals take turns each week to choose an event. I say we keep it that way to not complicate things but lets say at the end of each cycle of gens choosing we let the cc vote for the event?

So say it goes like this now - Gan>Tangy>Weets>Exar>Kaz

It will go - Gan>Tangy>Weets>Exar>Kaz>Nest.

What ya reckon?

Last edited by Ganrealjhony on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gan_real
Kurask
Gan_real

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 6:09 am

that sounds good to me! Have you heard from Exar at all?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:11 am

Yes he has a girlfrand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooohhhhhhhhhh! Razz Thats why we aint seen him tongue
Back to top Go down
Kazel999
Rockslug
Kazel999

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:19 am

Ganrealjhony wrote:
The way it works at the moment is the generals take turns each week to choose an event. I say we keep it that way to not complicate things but lets say att eh end of each cycle of gens choosing we let the cc vote for the event?

So say it goes like this now - Gan>Tangy>Weets>Exar>Kaz

It will go - Gan>Tangy>Weets>Exar>Kaz>Nest.

What ya reckon?

You might wanna take me outta that, unless people want f2p events Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tangy Elf
Night Spider
Tangy Elf

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 8:15 am

we can do f2p events just for you Kaz we did the pk one Gan did the once and we might want to add pepsi to the list he said he will be back on the 27th
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:30 am

so we are almost keeping it the same because I dont really see much progress into this....

Just work together and make a decision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 3:24 pm

HiHaHo80 wrote:
so we are almost keeping it the same because I dont really see much progress into this....

Just work together and make a decision.

Yes SIr! I thought that's what we were doing by replying lol?
Question
Back to top Go down
charmed696
Wall Beast
charmed696

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

for me it doesnt matter who decides the events.
I cant make it everytime just once and a while.
So im not going to be difficult in this topic
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 3:19 am

so? what's going to happen because (almost) everyone think's this is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voting about saturday events   Voting about saturday events Empty

Back to top Go down

Voting about saturday events
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next