The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More GMT timezone based events?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Turkey Soup
Jelly
Turkey Soup

More GMT timezone based events? Empty
PostSubject: More GMT timezone based events?   More GMT timezone based events? EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi everyone, I have just been wandering over the last few days if there should be more British timezone events on. I reckon that proberally the majority of nesters that participate in clan events are American, however there are still quite alot of nesters whom participate in the events who are British / European based.
This could be a possibility as there are a few ranks that are in the European region such as Muffie, HlHA.. Etc. So these people could host the events for European nesters so there would be more events that would be suitable timewise for them. And if this is not a possibility then perhaps there could be a way of non ranks hosting events via PM's to ranks which then announce it (I.e: I may want to host a Sara trip, as of which I could then PM a rank, proberally captain+ and then then they would announce it in the clan chat)
I hope people look at this and give this some consideration.
Thanks everyone for the read, sorry it's lengthy and i typed on an iPod, JaGex'd.
Kind Regards, Turkey Soup Smile
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: More GMT timezone based events?   More GMT timezone based events? EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Most of our events are held around 10 PM GMT, Now it's not an exactly ideal time, but it allows those in the US to be able to participate without having to worry about having to wake up early, and allows UK people time to eat after they get home from working. question for you though, which time is better for you?
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

PostSubject: Re: More GMT timezone based events?   More GMT timezone based events? EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Tbh, just because an event time is scheduled to make it convenient for a certain timezone doesnt necessarily mean that all or even most players in that timezone will find it convenient. Personally, I often find irl stuff gets in the way of events. I think another concern is that NA has about 4 or 5 different timezones (not quite sure about that), so theres really no way to schedule an event that is convenient on paper (the 3-ring binder type Laughing ) for everyone in NA. Imo, it would be best to have events held at different times, not just always 10:00 GMT (also, experimenting with event times will allow hosts to choose time based on best turnout in addition to current considerations).
Back to top Go down
Turkey Soup
Jelly
Turkey Soup

PostSubject: Re: More GMT timezone based events?   More GMT timezone based events? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:05 am

Persinallly, for me around about 8pmish is a good time for an event, as i usually have tea for bewteen 6-7pm and therefore it allows me to do a few other things in the evening, but then again it means that americans would be doing the event around 4pm ish, which clashes with their evening meal.
it really is a hard situation to get around, because if you do it at lie 1pm gmt, unless its on a weekend, people will be at work/school, but then americans will be at like 9am/10am which means by the time you are half way into an event.. they need lunch. and its the same vica versa for americans, because especaially if its around 10pm, if youre like me and still in high school and if i stay up past twelve ish, my sleeping pattern starts to slightly mess up, so by the time im half way through an evevnt, i have to come off.
it is very tricky and too be honest i donb't really know how to do it unless you make the events an hour earlier or something like that, but then that will proberally interfere with peoples meals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More GMT timezone based events?   More GMT timezone based events? Empty

Back to top Go down

More GMT timezone based events?
Page 1 of 1