The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Non-ranks and the Citadel.

Go down 
+7
Talmo
Pholus
Mufc42
kirfalex
Amy
Villiama
CookieSlay3r
11 posters
AuthorMessage
CookieSlay3r
Soulgazer
CookieSlay3r

Non-ranks and the Citadel. Empty
PostSubject: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:34 am

I have noticed a recurring theme amongst some non-ranks. On multiple occasions, I have invited some of my nest friends to join me in capping at the citadel. Sometimes they say they are busy, which is understandable and sometimes they come join me. Now I understand not wanting to come to the citadel, and I respect that, however, I have noticed a common excuse from non-ranks of why they don't want to come to the citadel. "I'm never going to be ranked, so why should I bother helping at the citadel? It's just a waste of time." (or something along those lines). I cap at the citadel for a couple reasons, to chat and hang out with nesties, to contribute to the upkeep and upgrading of the citadel, and to get a decent amount of exp every week. I don't do it because I'm ranked, because I'm not.

This really irks me as the Nest isn't even about ranks, but rather just having fun in a safe community. Quite frankly, I don't believe that many of the newer people to the nest understand what we are about.

I suppose what I'm getting at is, someone needs to reiterate what the Nest really represents and that just because you aren't ranked, doesn't mean you shouldn't help out at the citadel.

This probably seems like a pretty stupid rant, but thanks for reading it if you did! Razz

P.S. (99 slayers, comp, and trimmed comp need to be updated on the clan page on rsof)
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:45 am

Cookie of SN wrote:
This really irks me as the Nest isn't even about ranks, but rather just having fun in a safe community. Quite frankly, I don't believe that many of the newer people to the nest understand what we are about.

I completely agree. If getting ranks is all someone cares about then truth be told; the Nest isn't for them.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Abyssal Demon
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:18 am

Ive seen this alot, new nesters pming me asking how to get ranks etc..

maybe if when we notice a new member of the nest joining, we could forward them to a rsof or snof thread that explains who we are, what we are and just general guidelines for their time spent in the chat, might help to establish some ground rules along with general "slayer nest etiquette"
Back to top Go down
kirfalex
Desert Strykewyrm
kirfalex

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:25 pm

How to get insta rank in nest:

Have comp cape or be a mod (both = captain) pale
Back to top Go down
Amy
Abyssal Demon
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:39 pm

kirfalex wrote:

I can think of one rank who has (trimmed) comp cape and is a mod who is ranked in the fc, and it is far from insta rank

Back to top Go down
Mufc42
Ice Strykewyrm
Ice Strykewyrm
Mufc42

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:50 pm

kirfalex wrote:

This is not the case, and you know it. I know you have been around for a long time, i think even longer than i have possibly, and yeah, you used to have a decent input, but then you went away.

When you came back, you were very negative, so we didn't look into promoting you to a captain, which i think got you a bit mad, and made you even more negative.

Slayer nest is about helping people, not negativity. which you were unfortunately the latter of the two upon your return.
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:53 pm

Amy wrote:
kirfalex wrote:

I can think of one rank who has (trimmed) comp cape and is a mod who is ranked in the fc, and it is far from insta rank

I thought Legend quit? or does he just play when Im not on? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Amy
Abyssal Demon
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Legend tends to play for 3 or 4 months then takes the same amount of time off
Back to top Go down
Talmo
Wall Beast
Talmo

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:13 pm

I agree with these points, I personally joined SN, because i love chatting in the fc, it makes these skills bearable. If it wasn't for SN, I wouldnt be playing rs, enough said. Smile

For the citadel, I never cap, because I'm lazy! Smile
Back to top Go down
Amy
Abyssal Demon
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Talmo wrote:

For the citadel, I never cap, because I'm lazy! Smile

^ This
Back to top Go down
Venoxulous
Skeletal Wyvern
Venoxulous

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Pointing out another things "Not capping cus i won't get ranked" is one thing but tbh Idk about many other but it's rare that i ever do citadel, it's always been that way.
Yet i'm ranked, so the quoted comment is just redundant.

Plus yeah like Villi said, if they're wanting ranks SN isn't for them, one of my favourite things about SN is that becoming a rank is something actually EARNED rather than the last CC i was in which will go unnamed but ranked me from recruit to captain in just over 3 weeks haha Smile
Back to top Go down
Chajak
Cave Horror
Chajak

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 4:28 pm

I always cap, because I like the exp and its an excuse to break away from whatever skill I'm grinding, and the ring can help save money on some of those buyables like smithing, crafting, or cooking (although...warbands for smithing) or save time on those other non buyables. Also, not capping cause it wont get you a rank? silly people, capping =/= rank status..cause our own clan owner Mr. Hopalong doesnt even cap cit Very Happy

but really though...people need to start capping cause i want that damn dragon >_>
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 4:55 pm

I cap every week! yeah That's right babes! the gen that hardly plays is one of the capers! I get to bump into dear weekly and we have nice chats that go on way after the time it takes us to cap. Citadel isn't for everyone and thats fine, the slayer nest clan was made for those who want to use citadel to be able to and those who don't want to use it don't have to.

Legend Epic:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Phonixz on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VegIsHawt
Phoenix
VegIsHawt

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 4:57 pm

WTF is a Citadel?
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Wow. I must say Im suprised how many ranks dont cap! (not trying to be judgemental even if it seems that way) The way I understood being ranked is that it puts you in a position where you can set a good example for others, and capping at the citadel every week is really the only way to set an example in the cc. For ppl who dont cap, im not sure why they joined the clan. Its not like we do clan-only stuff, and any event held is open to anyone, whether part of the cc, fc, or neither. With that said, i dont see how ranks can complain about ppl not capping if every rank isnt capping every week (I understand that sometimes, even with the best intentions, ppl forget. I myself have missed a couple weeks since joining the clan. But not even trying?). Ok, maybe I am being judgemental, but really, what reason is there for joining this clan if not for the citadel?

EDIT: Oops, it was Cookie who complained. Nvm about the hypocritic ranks complaining about ppl who dont cap part Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:34 pm

As long as people have some sort of inspiration to cap, they shouldn't see it as a chore. The thought that people think capping is the duty of ranks is beyond me. Perhaps what people need is a self motive that drives them to do citadel work.
As for myself, I used to cap early after reset for crafting exp, getting upwards of 120k/cap. It was super boring and tedious, but the free exp was worth it imo. Now I take that time to watch a movie while capping, and simply clicking the mining rocks every minute or so. Sometimes I even run into a nesty and have a chat :p. The times sync up surprisingly well and I'm usually done by the credits.
Back to top Go down
CookieSlay3r
Soulgazer
CookieSlay3r

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Pholus wrote:

EDIT: Oops, it was Cookie who complained. Nvm about the hypocritic ranks complaining about ppl who dont cap part Rolling Eyes

lol pholus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non-ranks and the Citadel.   Non-ranks and the Citadel. Empty

Back to top Go down

Non-ranks and the Citadel.
Page 1 of 1