The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel

Go down 
+11
G
weets
Barca
Lin
Roving bob
AutumnsEdge
CookieSlay3r
Cream
Wanahunuluge
Mufc42
Aryth
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should we invite more people into the Slayer Nest Clan?
YES - Let everyone who wants to join in
Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_lcap13%Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
YES - Let people in after they have been in the fc for a while
Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_lcap17%Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
YES - But only those who have proved themselves 'worthy'
Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_lcap43%Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 10 ]
YES - But only Bronze and above
Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_lcap17%Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
YES - As we do today, only silver and above
Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_lcap0%Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
MAYBE - I am not convinced either way
Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_lcap4%Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
NO - I want it to stay exclusive
Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_lcap0%Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
NO - We have enough already
 0% [ 0 ]
NO - Other reason...
 0% [ 0 ]
I DON'T CARE
Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_lcap4%Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Aryth
Desert Lizard
Aryth

Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel Empty
PostSubject: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:06 am

Now we have a Citadel to play with I wanted to ask people's views on whether we should have more people in the Clan as opposed to just silver and above.

Please vote and comment!

Personally I want to let more people in. It was great just being a friends chat to hang in before but things are changing - lets change with the times and make our Citadel fantastic by welcoming more people into our clan! Besides, we are going to need some labourers to get the resources Smile

Back to top Go down
Mufc42
Ice Strykewyrm
Ice Strykewyrm
Mufc42

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:31 am

Once people have proved themselves, as we dont want the trolls/spammers to feel like they are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Wanahunuluge
Grifolaroo
Wanahunuluge

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:48 am

But if they are allowed into the clan, how can we talk about the FC which is what the CC is meant for lol.

It would have to be like Bronze ranks+ (only way i see it even working)
Back to top Go down
Aryth
Desert Lizard
Aryth

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:01 am

Wanahunuluge wrote:
But if they are allowed into the clan, how can we talk about the FC which is what the CC is meant for lol.

It would have to be like Bronze ranks+ (only way i see it even working)

I think that up until now the CC has been for talking about the FC... but things are changing, and now the CC could be the main chat and the FC could actually be for... well... your friends Smile
Back to top Go down
Cream
Turoth
Cream

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:13 am

Really only people who have been in the nest for a while should be allowed in..silly immature trolls would just mess up a place where members of the chat can hang out peacefully
Back to top Go down
CookieSlay3r
Soulgazer
CookieSlay3r

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:32 am

TBH i would love a citadel for nesties we don't want the latvia spammers in the citadel i suggest only invite ppl who have been in it awhile. Surprised
Back to top Go down
AutumnsEdge
Infernal Mage

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:02 pm

Voted the only after they've proved themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 3:20 pm

I not completely sure as the content to the question, so I'll answer both ways I think it could be taken.

1. Just for accessing the clan chat/citadel. I believe that should be open to all. Slayer Nest has always been about being an open community (with the obvious excemption of authority). Giving ranks and/or select people special access to something intended for fun and that Jagex designed to be enjoyed by all and holding it back from the general nest I believe is going agaisnt this. The ranks already have a special section on this forum for discussing anything among ranks and can private message each other if something needs to be done immediantly. Also, if you open the clan chat to all, you can close the friends chat to guests and just allow ranks in there to discuss things of great importance.

2. Ranking membership in the Slayer Nest clan. This is where I believe you can restrict access. Just invite ranks into the chat + select few others (will explain). With the way the nest operates, it would be impracticle to invite everyone into the clan due to the fact people are constantly joining and leaving. You would need shifts of recruiters just to handle it I beleive. I have noticed the citadel could tax the ranks though with possible upkeep and it is wrong to require a large amount of the ranks to do this work. It might be best here to recruit a trusted volunteer workforce that is given a single banana rank that does the upkeep. It would be best if these people realize no added benefit to this position, but just want to help out the nest.

This is how I believe the nest could operate a clan chat/citadel open to all, but without it being taxing on the ranks. It would allow people to visit the nest while still being a member in a 'real' clan (since we are a community) if they so choose, but access to a nest citadel to hang out there.

And yes, I probably overthought this all out. But that's what i do.

Edit after Roving Bob - I have #1 and #2 working together, #2 just says who would technically be a member of the clan, not just those with access, everyone would be allowed to visit the clan, just have to increase membership to spread the upkeep work of the citadel around off the ranks.

Last edited by the muddian on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roving bob
Molanisk
Roving bob

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:21 pm

I liked the first suggestion best mudd, no one misses out. Very Happy

There could be problems with the being 'worthy' thing because some people might have disagreements over who is acceptable, i think it would work well if people who have both been in the nest for a while or proven themselves worthy were accepted because that way the only people who can generally miss out are trolls. Razz
Back to top Go down
CookieSlay3r
Soulgazer
CookieSlay3r

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:34 pm

I liked the first one as well muddian
Back to top Go down
Lin
Ice Strykewyrm
Ice Strykewyrm
Lin

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:52 am

Proved themselves worthy.
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:41 pm

voted the worthy thing
Back to top Go down
weets
Spiritual Warrior
weets

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:21 pm

I agree with mudd on this one, we cant preach that were all about an open community then restict it to so many people
Back to top Go down
G
Spiritual Warrior
G

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:40 am

I agree with mud but you would need more than just a small workforce, the thing takes ages to upgrade (if thats what your looking to do)
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:56 am

Quote :
I agree with mud but you would need more than just a small workforce,
the thing takes ages to upgrade (if thats what your looking to do)

Didn't you quit Runescape?
Back to top Go down
G
Spiritual Warrior
G

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:23 am

I am back cheers
Back to top Go down
Aryth
Desert Lizard
Aryth

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks for all the responses. Interesting stuff.

I still believe we need to let a lot more people into the clan 'proper' or we will not get the full benefits out of the Citadel.

Gens / Owners - I assume you guys are discussing among yourselves - any ideas when you will have a decision?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 1:49 pm

Weetabiix wrote:
I am back cheers

wohoo! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:55 pm

Quote :
I am back cheers

Welcome back!

and to be on topic with this thread the generals are making their choices on whats to be done at the moment I know some of them are for it and others are waiting in response
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:53 pm

Upgrading the citadel may be the exception to my earlier suggestion. I know the weekly upkeep of the 6 skilling plots and other 3 main buildings will be around 90-95k resources a week. But to upgrade to the t7 citadel 511000 resources (189 ppl maxed resources at t7 storehouse/ 216 ppl maxed at t6 storehouse). So 38 people could maintain a t7 citadel, so with around 30-40 ranks, another 25-35 helpers would only be a small part of the actual nest. So maybe a temporary volunteer bump for higher tier constructions would be needed, but when that is done, maintianing should be easy as long as you can get ppl to only gather a certian resource and not any that they want. Basically, get people to work for betterment of the nest than themselves, a quality that can be hard to see just about anywhere in life.
Back to top Go down
G
Spiritual Warrior
G

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Although the figures dont look that bad, working in citadels is ridiculously tedious, it would be A LOT of effort for just ranks and a few helpers. Could give it a trial for a month maybe and then make the final decision to see what its like?
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:46 pm

Either invite all and we will see how much work and efford that will bring along and also, if you plan inviting more people, you can't just state you're worth enough and you're not.

Invite all and will see how it will work out.
Back to top Go down
Roving bob
Molanisk
Roving bob

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:50 am

I've been thinking, if SN becomes a clan what will happen to the fc? Slayer Nest is a friendly community chat and if it becomes a clan won't that mean people who are needing help with slayer or other skills can't join? All the people who found SN via the forums or got told about it by someone on a slayer task etc, should think about this. What will happen to people in those situations if there is no fc? If we change to a clan we might lose interesting, funny, friendly people we've never met. silent
Back to top Go down
MikeyzDragon
Skeletal Wyvern
MikeyzDragon

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:15 am

I see it as people want to join the SN Clan just to be in the SN clan and not even bother helping. Like take the bonuses for nothing. So, picking the right people will even limit who can really join.

I'm for the prove themselves worthy since we know quite a few regulars and helpful people that aren't ranked. I don't think open admission will work at all. It'd just turn into another friend chat with a flying rock where hardly anybody will work for resources. I believe the ranks are reliable to help as they always are but I don't believe the general public can. I just can't see people actually spending their time for the citadel. Perhaps the first week if it is opened but there's always a cutback the following week.

I'm not trying to force a generalization that everyone is like that. I know there would at least be a couple handfuls of people that would help. I myself would gladly help as I support the citadel and working with ranks and other people.
Back to top Go down
Lin
Ice Strykewyrm
Ice Strykewyrm
Lin

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:22 am

MikeyzDragon wrote:
I see it as people want to join the SN Clan just to be in the SN clan and not even bother helping. Like take the bonuses for nothing. So, picking the right people will even limit who can really join.

I'm for the prove themselves worthy since we know quite a few regulars and helpful people that aren't ranked. I don't think open admission will work at all. It'd just turn into another friend chat with a flying rock where hardly anybody will work for resources. I believe the ranks are reliable to help as they always are but I don't believe the general public can. I just can't see people actually spending their time for the citadel. Perhaps the first week if it is opened but there's always a cutback the following week.

I'm not trying to force a generalization that everyone is like that. I know there would at least be a couple handfuls of people that would help. I myself would gladly help as I support the citadel and working with ranks and other people.

Not quite sure how the citadel works, but I agree with Mikey. Open admission will lead to a mass of people who won't really contribute to the citadel.

Moreover, those "selected" to be in the citadel will feel responsible to help out, whereas open admission would lead to a diffusion of responsibility where most people will assume "I don't need to do it because someone else will".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel   Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel Empty

Back to top Go down

Slayer Nest Clan and the Citadel
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next