The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Range, Mage, or Melee

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
D1V1NE
Banshee
D1V1NE

Range, Mage, or Melee Empty
PostSubject: Range, Mage, or Melee   Range, Mage, or Melee EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:24 pm

Many noobs on runescape have asked me "To fight this creature should I use range, mage, or melee?" or "What gear should I use to slay this?". I usually answer any1 but I'm not sure which one is better. Please feel free to post telling what you should do for a certain "thing" like skeletal wyverns.
Provide Info with this chart:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monster:

Technique:

Suggested armor and gear:

Other comments:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
D1V1NE
Banshee
D1V1NE

PostSubject: Re: Range, Mage, or Melee   Range, Mage, or Melee EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:26 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monster: Basilisk

Technique: Melee

Suggested armor and gear: Mirror shield with dds. Rune welfare gear. Barrows gloves and Dragon Boots

Other comments: Can replace dds with Dragon scimmy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an example.
Back to top Go down
Mufc42
Ice Strykewyrm
Ice Strykewyrm
Mufc42

PostSubject: Re: Range, Mage, or Melee   Range, Mage, or Melee EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:46 am

Only Tasks i Melee is Dark Beasts & Mithril Dragon

Ranged Tank with EE, Soul Split & Bunyip Most other Tasks, with MSB & Rune Arrows.

Fire Surge on Iron & Steel Dragons, Ice Strykewyrms.

(Being Maxed Melee & only 97 Ranged/Magic, i Do This to Train those two combat Stats)
Back to top Go down
Wanahunuluge
Grifolaroo
Wanahunuluge

PostSubject: Re: Range, Mage, or Melee   Range, Mage, or Melee EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Im looking to just train and not slay.

But how would you advise to kill dagganoths - they are a good pure monster to kill.

And is there anyway to safespot them?
Back to top Go down
D1V1NE
Banshee
D1V1NE

PostSubject: Re: Range, Mage, or Melee   Range, Mage, or Melee EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:13 pm

yeah theres a way to safe spot daggonoths. you can lure 1 of them to the sides where the water is and you can pin them.

I trained range on daggonaths

I trained melee on abby demons dark beasts and mith drags

I trained mage on ice styke worms

(P.S balmung also helps with daggonaths)
Back to top Go down
D1V1NE
Banshee
D1V1NE

PostSubject: Re: Range, Mage, or Melee   Range, Mage, or Melee EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Monster: Daggonaths

Technique: Range and melee hybriding

Suggested armor and gear: balmung or ags with rune crossbow. Karils top and bottom and guthans helm is the best choice of armor. Fury, barrows gloves and d boots will work.

Other comments: you can use d hide and brawlers if you want

Back to top Go down
Sodagun
Gelatinnous Abomination
Sodagun

PostSubject: Re: Range, Mage, or Melee   Range, Mage, or Melee EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:13 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monster: Gargoyle.

Technique: Magic/Melee.

Magic: Full GANODERMIC + POLYPORE. You can also SUGE if you want to.

Melee: Your slayer items.. Torag.. Bandos.. Void for HIGH MAUL HITS. Use maul, they got LOW CRUSH DEF.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Range, Mage, or Melee   Range, Mage, or Melee Empty

Back to top Go down

Range, Mage, or Melee
Page 1 of 1