The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekly Skill Competitions!

Go down 
+8
Barca
Exar_Kun
ddiggler
weets
Vulkus
shopgirl224
Tangy Elf
Romes
12 posters

Would You be interested in Participating in this event?
Yes
Weekly Skill Competitions! I_vote_lcap84%Weekly Skill Competitions! I_vote_rcap
 84% [ 21 ]
No
Weekly Skill Competitions! I_vote_lcap0%Weekly Skill Competitions! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe (it needs some work)
Weekly Skill Competitions! I_vote_lcap16%Weekly Skill Competitions! I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
Romes
Killerwatt
Romes

Weekly Skill Competitions! Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:18 am

One of the main goals of the nest is to get its members as active in the community as they can be. I've been thinking this over for a week or so now and what better way to do this then hold competitions?
Depending on the response of this thread, this event will begin taking place in the rather near future.

Both a random non combat skill and slayer will be posted every week. The same skill can not chosen back to back, in order to create more variation and so you dont get bored with the skill. cheers

-Experience rates in the randomly selected skill and Slayer will be recorded every Sunday
-The following Sunday (one weeks time), the experience will be recorded in the same skills.
-The difference will be subtracted inorder to find out the total experience gained during the week.
-The top 3 winners of both skills will be posted, with a new skill and slayer released a couple hours later.

It will take alot to pull this off, however the end result should be well worth it. Remember that this is still in the beginning stages! For the first couple of weeks, alot will be learned by trial and error untill we have a perfected system going. Very Happy

For now, post your support and criticism. Anything to further help this event will be well appreciated. I'll be editing this post inorder to do an easy copy and paste later on for when the events start.

Thanks!
~Rains

If you're interested in this and would like to support it, please leave a post saying so, or pm me in the game. We'll need at least 10 or so in order to have a decent competition!.

Last edited by Romes Crown on Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:56 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Poll)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 11:28 am

sounds fun lol! <-
Back to top Go down
Tangy Elf
Night Spider
Tangy Elf

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:46 am

This could be a good idea as a bit of competition can help to push you that bit further in a skill and instead of think how boring a skill can be you will just be thinking of winning for that week jocolor
Back to top Go down
Romes
Killerwatt
Romes

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:05 am

Thanks Guys Very Happy

Need a couple more people though to make this event interesting, although....with 3 people we're always bound to get into the highscores! cheers
Back to top Go down
shopgirl224
Warped Terrorbird
shopgirl224

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:22 pm

id certainly be interested, it might actually... *shudder* drag me away from slayer for a while
Back to top Go down
Vulkus
Cave Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:14 am

Count me in for sure,

and if any help needed, like keeping track on the exp gained etc, ask me =)

Greetz vulkus!

(i will lose anyways due school and rl Razz but a bit of competition is always nice =))
Back to top Go down
weets
Spiritual Warrior
weets

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:33 am

i would participate depending on skill... if for example rc came up i deffo would not participate lol
Back to top Go down
Romes
Killerwatt
Romes

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Thanks Vulk, Ill be sure to let you know if I need some help (you will most likely regret this later Twisted Evil )

and Weets thats the advantage of having both Slayer and another skill being recorded, if runecrafting was the randomly selected skill then you could still participate in Slayer Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:59 pm

Sounds like my type of event. I'd deffinately do it if it was set up
Back to top Go down
weets
Spiritual Warrior
weets

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:50 am

oh i see... i mis understood... i thought you were planning on doing slayer one week then a random skill another that is good then!
Back to top Go down
Vulkus
Cave Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:11 am

Hehe dw, won't regret my dedication to slayer nest Wink
always willing to help =)
soo naah Razz no evil laugh for you afro
Back to top Go down
ddiggler
Warped Terrorbird
ddiggler

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:48 pm

Sounds like a great way to pass the time. Good luck with the competition. Some of these skills drive me mad!
Back to top Go down
Romes
Killerwatt
Romes

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys!

A sign up thread will be posted tomorrow (March 10) later on in the day. In order to participate in this weekly event you will have to sign up on it. As of right now, this event will officially start on Sunday (March 14). So slap on your slayer helm and gather up some supplies to compete in the Nests first skill competition!
Back to top Go down
Exar_Kun
Turoth
Exar_Kun

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 9:14 pm

Sounds like a great idea. nothing motivates more the friendly competition Smile
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 2:14 am

sonds fun, count me in ^^
Back to top Go down
Wanahunuluge
Grifolaroo
Wanahunuluge

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 2:37 am

To the last to people that posted, dont get your hopes up..

We havn't had one of these in ages. Due to the fact no one has heard from romes for ages.

And vulk has quit the nest or gone somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Fumatore0
Harpie Bug Swarm
Fumatore0

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 4:42 am

As far as i know vulk has come back to the nest a bit but is mostly playing games other than rs at the moment.

So no skill competition unless someone else decides they can host it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 4:56 am

First skill should be : Dungeoneering Razz
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Romes needs to come back, I miss him Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:06 pm

no one have voted no yet, thats good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Exar_Kun
Turoth
Exar_Kun

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:53 pm

yea that is positive barca Smile

just needs one person or several who are commited to running it every week without fail. Wink
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 3:57 am

he he Razz
Back to top Go down
burn samora
Harpie Bug Swarm
burn samora

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:47 am

count me also in its gonna be fun if it works Very Happy
cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtQ5KhfdVJQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Skill Competitions!   Weekly Skill Competitions! Empty

Back to top Go down

Weekly Skill Competitions!
Page 1 of 1