The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Managing your Kingdom

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Managing your Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Managing your Kingdom   Managing your Kingdom EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 8:29 pm

This guide is incomplete and will be finished soon!

As of late, there have been many questions regarding the Kingdom Management "minigame" in the chat. I have created this brief guide to assist anyone interested in making some easy money or getting their hands on some additional resources. Please keep in mind that fluctuating market prices may necessitate an update to this guide. As always, critique and suggestions are welcome

Quest Requirements
To begin managing your kingdom, you need to have completed the "Throne of Miscellania" quest. In addition, completing the "Royal Trouble" quest will give you further access to the minigame. It is recommended to complete both of these quests before reading this guide any further. This guide assumes that the reader has completed both quests.

Premise
Kingdom Management is based on the premise of investing money to gain resources. To this end, it necessary to have some starting capital in order to grow your "nest egg". I recommend having at least 1.5 million coins to invest initially. In order to achieve maximum gains, you should always keep at least 750,000 coins in the Kindom Management treasury (see below).

Advisor Ghrim
Advisor Ghrim is located on the First Floor of Miscellania Castle, just south of King Vargas. You will conduct much of your Kingdom Management business with him, including collecting resources, depositing and withdrawing coins and allocating workers to specific tasks. Advisor Ghrim will also be able to tell you what your current approval rating is.

Raising your Approval Rating
To collect maximum resources from your Kingdom, you should have a 100% approval rating. You can raise your approval rating by doing a number of tasks inside your kingdom, including mining and woodcutting. Taking a woodcutting axe or pick (rune or better) will allow you to raise your rating relatively quickly. Every day, your rating will fall 1 percentage point, so each time you visit your kingdom, you will need to raise it again. I recommend raising your approval rating daily to get maximum returns from your investment.

Keep some Money in your Coffers!
It is important to keep at least 750,000 coins in your kingdom's coffers at all times. The kingdom will deduct 10% of your coins (or a maximum of 75,000 coins a day) from your coffers to cover the payment of your workers. If you have, say, 450,000 coins in your coffers, 45,000 coins will be deducted, and you won't get as much of a return. I recommend keeping at least 1.5 million coins in your coffers. This provides you with two major benefits.

1. You don't need to worry about putting more coins in the coffers every day
2. You have some backup coins to fall on if your account becomes hacked

Making yourself some Money
Currently, the best way to maximize your profit is to set ten workers to herbs and five workers to maples. Please keep in mind that this is subject to grand exchange prices and may change over time. Herbs have a chance at yielding herb seeds, while maples have a chance at yielding nests (which oftentimes have valuable tree seeds in them, as well as god bird eggs).

Some people choose to have five workers harvest flaxor mine iron rather than chop maples, as the guaranteed income is seen as a positive over the gamble of getting valuable tree seeds from nests. However, at this point in time, I have ten workers on Herbs and five on Maples.

Further Reading
For those of you who are interested in learning more about estimated profits, I would suggest reading Mattonline's guide to Kingdom Management in the RuneScape forums. The quick find code for his thread is: 98-99-441-58773457
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

Managing your Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Managing your Kingdom   Managing your Kingdom EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:21 am

There's another good calculator at this link. I use it all the time. It is http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculators/Miscellania It gives the profit for all but the seeds, but that's because the seeds are random. Wink
Back to top Go down

Managing your Kingdom
Page 1 of 1