The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's in a [Display] Name?

Go down 
+20
Ha Zzam
Doctor Stein
Merondon
Chajak
Hopalong
MikeyzDragon
kirfalex
PrimalMoose
stitie
Turkey Soup
Barca
shopgirl224
Shmako
weets
VegIsHawt
Pholus
Hockie34
AutumnsEdge
Phonixz
Villiama
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chajak
Cave Horror
Chajak

What's in a [Display] Name? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Oh let's see...hmmm

Chajak-(long story short) used to share acc with cousin, after a week I stole it back for myself, comprised of a portion of his name, Chase, and my name, Jacob (Jake, Tis where the "Jak" comes from). In this order cause JakCha does look or sound nearly as cool.

TzTok-Jayke-(another long story short) changed because I joined a "clan" with one of my longtime rs friends and his irl friend, Tzhaar based and we all misspelled our names.

Dj Wildstyles-let a friend of mine play on my acc as a trial run To see if he liked rs while I took a break, he changed name, I promptly changed pass.

Bro-Shomp-A play on my Lastname, and what some at school still call me.

Chajak-Nothing beats the original!!

Probably missed a few

Time for the oldies

Kilik270-my brothers acc, and what I played on to see if I liked scape, sold his Santa for 100k...safe to say I got beat up for that

Hiei185...my very first rs acc, gave to cousin cause I "quit" he bought gold...idiot got himself banned he still uses the name for things, he has a very cruddy moparscape vid series with the name used..very cruddy...

Kurama289- Second acc, wanted Kurama but it was taken (last year someone came into nest with the name, pm'ed him and told him how jelly I was) I had "quit" again, traded acc to a friend at school for a Purple See-Through Gameboy Color and all three First-Gen Pokemon games, he then turned around and sold it for 10 dollars (I think I got the better deal)
Back to top Go down
Merondon
Warped Tortoise
Merondon

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:15 pm

My first name is the awesomely epic Archer Frodo, sure it might not make sense, sure I was a huge Lotr fanboi back then but what better name for a (originally intended for RS classic) range pure! The followup to my first awesome pure (except he had become my main) called... Pker Frodo! did anyone say lotr fanboi?

Yeah I never really liked that name but after name change was introduced I renamed myself Mr Merondon because Merondon is my usual internet name that I made up years ago when I needed a name for some online game of some sort and I thought it sounded "fantasy-esque" (yeah I was young and swedish, what did I know about fantasy-esque names).

The 'Mr' at the start was because I had made (and forgotten) another character with the name Merondon. SO I decided to log in to the original Merondon and give him membership so I could change his name, thus freeing up Merondon (yes I thought it was worth $5 to get rid of the 'Mr' in front of my name). 6 months later or whatever when the name wasn't saved to the original character I changed to my current name and have no plans to change it ever again.

Fun thread, is neat to see all the old names and learn why people named their characters as they did.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stein
Seeker
Doctor Stein

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:29 pm

Phonixz wrote:
Vindico is to avenge or to Punish whereas Cui is to fall or drop

My Latin is rusty though Smile

It is.....Cui is a pronoun...genetive or ablative iirc cant remember think genetive

Cui could not be a verb because the ending is wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 8:55 am

[bump!]
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 7:27 am

O i remember this thread!
Back to top Go down
Ha Zzam
Rockslug
Ha Zzam

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Hazz here

Names always have "Hazzam" in them, quite simply "Hazza" (my nickname when I was a kid) and M (the first letter of my surname) Smile
Back to top Go down
Turkey Soup
Jelly
Turkey Soup

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 2:33 pm

Turkey Soup

Uhh... it's kind of good

FLAIVIMABLE

Once again, a rather self explanatory name

Can't remember any of my old Names Razz
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 3:47 pm

Ziksy - it is somehow similar to my brother's RL name and Zisk in Czech language means Profit. However 'Zisk' was taken, so compromise had to be done

General Woo - a wellknown rapper in my area

size Rizla - goes good with 'Super' title :p

Cartesius - if you know who Rene Descartes is, you know about who I am talking about

That's really is it, never been too keen of name changing, but it's good from time to time Smile

Great idea for thread, interesting I only find it now Smile
Back to top Go down
Talmo
Wall Beast
Talmo

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 4:09 am

Talmo - A portmanteau of my irl name and surname.

Lynx Africa - had a can of it on my desk, name was free Smile

Xybertron (Original account name) - was a bit of a transformers fan.

Cant remember any more...
Back to top Go down
Chajak
Cave Horror
Chajak

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 2:08 pm

Bumpin 4 Seppe-senpai
Back to top Go down
mmoseppe
Basilisk
mmoseppe

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 2:24 pm

why didn't i know about this thread =O

- Mmoseppe: Rich main account! first name, stands for mmo + seppe because i played ALOTAH em em oz and my name is Seppe ;-)

- Zebraseppe: For the lulz

- Mmoseppie: Best ironman ever made
Back to top Go down
Conc Blast
Bloodveld

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:54 pm

Somehow sniped the ability's common name [pre nerf].
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's in a [Display] Name?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2