The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's in a [Display] Name?

Go down 
+20
Ha Zzam
Doctor Stein
Merondon
Chajak
Hopalong
MikeyzDragon
kirfalex
PrimalMoose
stitie
Turkey Soup
Barca
shopgirl224
Shmako
weets
VegIsHawt
Pholus
Hockie34
AutumnsEdge
Phonixz
Villiama
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

What's in a [Display] Name? Empty
PostSubject: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:27 am

Okay, so in this thread I'm asking you to post any and all display names you have used during your time on RS.  You're welcome to add some explanation to the name should you feel so inclined, and you can post names of your non-mains if you like as well. Go!

Snap -
Paper Chair - Completely random user name, and what I entered the Nest as upon my first visit.
Ganrealminty - A troll display name during the great Mint Cake crisis
Paperferix - A Paper Chair version of Darkferix... he wasn't pleased. Note that I never took "Dorkferix"
P4P3R - A play on P3PSI's name. Was difficult to distinguish between our banter in the chat.
Paper Table - Not so creative
Claire Danes - A hawtie (yes, even today); see "Romeo and Juliet"
Paper Claire - Combination of Paper Chair and Claire Danes
Ace Pear - A very tasty cider beverage.
Roonmar - An evil, alternate personality of Maroon.
West of Eden - I had just finished reading Steinbeck's "East of Eden"... I went the other direction.
Paper Dragon
Rack of Lamb - I ate some lamb chops.
Prarie Dawn - My second favorite Sesame Street character

Last edited by Paper Chair on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:04 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:35 am

Villiama - when I first started playing I wanted to have my real name. Unfortunately it was already taken so I decided to add an A at the end.
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:50 pm

Phonixz666 - My first name choosen by my sister as I needed a game name, she at first suggested Phoenix but after trying billions of combinations could not get it and she came up with the idea of getting rid of the e and adding a z on the end. I was then suggested the numbers 666 which were easy ones to remember so I went with it.
Divinephonix - My Skillers Log in name
In Light - My skillers now actual name was originally Phonixz's
Divine 2 - Terrible choice regretted as soon as I pressed accept
Aucupium - Latin for Bird (translation does vary)
Phonixz- Name I go by mostly now. Finally got to drop the 666 which has lead to no more religious people trying to debate me
x Electra - What can I say I love the name Electra and the marvel character Elektra. Elektra is also a cool person in greek mythology
P H O N I XZ - Not a clue what I was thinking, needless to say I hated it the entire time

There has been more but I can't remember them
Back to top Go down
AutumnsEdge
Infernal Mage

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:05 pm

AutumnsEdge - Name that I've started with
AutmusFirtix - Name suggested by Maroon, an old time nester, mainly because he always spelled AutumnsEdge wrong and eventually just started typing it random
AutmuImpaler - Forgot who suggested this one but it stuck for a bit
A u t u mn - Regretted this name. So bad.

As far as I remember thats the only names I've had...might of been one or two more but they didn't stick so I don't remember them.
Back to top Go down
Hockie34
Turoth

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:17 pm

Hockie34- I played Hockey my number 34 for awhile and I'm just going to say that "Hockey34" was taken, but I dont remember now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Pholus - has been my username since before I joined the nest
Holy Pholy - someone suggested this when I got some insignificant prayer lvl (think it was like 84 lol)
Devil Lord V - my original name, I though it was cool cuz it had a Roman numeral(yes, I was a huge nub Razz )

Last edited by Pholus on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot one)
Back to top Go down
VegIsHawt
Phoenix
VegIsHawt

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:26 pm

Guys, this is a clever attempt by Paper to steal everyone's accounts and lurin out your original usernames. DO NOT FALL FOR IT.
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:45 pm

VegIsHawt wrote:
Guys, this is a clever attempt by Paper to steal everyone's accounts and lurin out your original usernames. DO NOT FALL FOR IT.

My username was already stolen by DarkFerix
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Vindico Cui- Thought it sounded cool, and wanted something Latin in my name. Roughly I understand Vindico Cui to be 'to avenge you', but I have been told by various people that the verb tense is wrong/various things.

Not going to put my username, as I made this account when I was about 11 years old. It's fairly embarrassing to me, at this point.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Vindico is to avenge or to Punish whereas Cui is to fall or drop

My Latin is rusty though Smile
Back to top Go down
weets
Spiritual Warrior
weets

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:40 pm

weetsyboy
pawksword when weetsyboy got hacked i made this account. cant remember why pawk sword lol
merryxsmarse made thsis near christmas one year. bah humbug!
weets becasuse thatss me
Back to top Go down
Shmako
Mutated Zygomite
Shmako

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Shmako2 - original username
CV-Shmako2 - When I was in a warring clan, helped to differentiate teams.
Shmako2 - After I left the clan.

Can't say I'm too big on display names.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Awesomeiss - A word one of my friends used many a year back. I liked it. Of course I realize
now that it's spelled awkwardly, but whatever.
DearCelestia - The opening to the letters that are sent to princess Celestia. Couldn't fit
princess in there, but I use the prefix in game lol.
Back to top Go down
shopgirl224
Warped Terrorbird
shopgirl224

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:50 pm

Shopgirl224- well when i made my account the movie shopgirl was on TV, and well, i do love to shop, 224 is my house number, and NO you do not get my street town postal code and credit card number
Evil Shop- suggested by alot of the nest actually, because well you know, got a pair of b00bz and love to kick n00bz
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:14 am

Barca161 - Original name and whatnot. I wanted the name Barca, but it was obviously taken. So I added a random number at the end.

Barcap0wer - Probably the best name of all time ;]

B A R CA - Just another attempt to change my name to something close to Barca. Now after changing I realize this name looked pretty bad lol.

Barca - My current display name that I will most likely never change.
Back to top Go down
Shmako
Mutated Zygomite
Shmako

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:35 am

Barca wrote:
Barca - My current display name that I will most likely never change.

Buying display name "Barca", 200m
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:58 am

shopgirl224 wrote:

Evil Shop- suggested by alot of the nest actually, because well you know, got a pair of b00bz and love to kick n00bz

lol!
Back to top Go down
Turkey Soup
Jelly
Turkey Soup

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:35 am

1st one: Secret, for me to know and you lot to never find out.
These are ones I can remember:
FLAIVIMABLE - I was trying to think of a name and I saw flammable on the back of a deodorant can, so I went through endless combinations until this one.
T0RM3NT3D - Some weird crap.
Dobs - A play on the character Dobby from Harry Potter, both my brother and I had Dobs and Dobbs as our name and we still call each other dobby/dobs/dobbs despite the fact that we are 15, nesrlly 16 and 22. LEGENDARY

Current Name:

Turkey Soup - Nothing needs saying about this name, it is legend, wait for it.............. DARY. I honestly don't thik i'll ever change it unless "Max" or "Maximilian" comes available. *Brb checking them*
Back to top Go down
stitie
Killerwatt

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:37 am

stitie---> the username i started with. It alludes to my 2nd name (stes).
nestitie---> whoever can guess where this comes from is a true riddle-hero!
stitmeister---> alluding to the mighty stifmeister, the nickname of 'stifler' in the american pie-movies
stit shady---> not so original maybe, but i came with this idea after the introduction of solomon store, in which you could pick the title 'the real'
Back to top Go down
PrimalMoose
Spiritual Warrior
PrimalMoose

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:46 am

I had one before when I first started that's a nickname around home (keeping that one private however Razz ). After like 3 years of playing me and a mate irl changed our names to ArNoneeMoose and AhNoneeMoose. The reasoning for this was 1. Funny if we stood next to each other as we were the same combat level and so it looked like two of the same person were next to each other. 2. It sounded (phonetically) like anonymous and 3. Moose are awesome.
Finally, changed to my current name PrimalMoose because I <3 dunging now and moose are still awesome Smile

Also, if anyone attempts to say "meese" or "mooses" I'll set an angry beaver on them :p
Back to top Go down
kirfalex
Desert Strykewyrm
kirfalex

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:37 am

Kirfalex - My original name (trademark kirf 07). Kirf doesn't mean anything (I think) and Alex isn't my name either. Quite odd i must say.

Pelkka Narri - Only the real Nesters remember this (I doubt no-one). I was young and I thought that this would be a funny name. It's finnish and means... well something. (nothing inapproative)

Keula - It's the name of my Youtube account, pretty bad. Also means something in finnish.

Kirf - People tend to call me by this name.

Merryxmarse - Ouh cheese I hope Weetsy won't see this.

Back to top Go down
MikeyzDragon
Skeletal Wyvern
MikeyzDragon

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:57 am

Mikeyzdragon - original. first name, first letter of last name, favourite thing at the time (rs would not allow mid-word capitalization)

MikeyzDragon - capitalized when name changes were released. better distinction and makes it look better.

MrNatPortman - joke for veg's MrEmmaWatson

DragonMikeyz - just some fun to switch it up

Mieky - Amy misspelled my name several times like this so I used it.

back to MikeyzDragon cuz it looks best.
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Erm... Brb checking all my names *2 years later*
Original: Hopalong467 - Wanted Hopalong, couldn't get it so I added random numbers.

Older Random Changes:
Hopmeister - First name change, didn't like the numbers like everyone else so I thought this was good.
Hopa l o n g
The Hopalong
Hop Is Agile - When I was getting 99 Agility
Hopa Caek - CAEEKKKKKKK
Chaotic Hopa - When I was Dungeoneering for my first CR.
Hop Has Hops
A Hop - When I got my Ely Split.
Comrade Hopa
The Hopabow
HopHopsAlong
JustHopAlong - Some people decided to change their name to something close to the one above, so I changed.
Napoleon I - Never again.

Seasonal:
DeckTheHops
TheFirstHopa

More Recent ones (most everyone knows me by):
Hopology
Hop a

----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sure I've left out a few, but that's all I could find in my pictures folder and simply cba to look through my videos lol.
Back to top Go down
Shmako
Mutated Zygomite
Shmako

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Name change addicts
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Shmako wrote:
Name change addicts

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's in a [Display] Name?   What's in a [Display] Name? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's in a [Display] Name?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next