The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hunter & thieving

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Villiama
Dark Beast

Hunter & thieving Empty
PostSubject: Hunter & thieving   Hunter & thieving EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Hiya. I'm getting closer and closer to all 90+ but I am still in the 70s/low 80s in hunter and thieving. So I made this topic to get some advice. My current method consists of camping monkey knife fighters and for hunter I do red sallys. The exp just seems pretty slow to me.

Anyway, are there some better alternative methods I haven't considered?
  1. What is a decent method for exp in hunter/thieving at around lvl 70-80?
  2. What is a decent method for money in hunter/thieving at around lvl 70-80?

I have never tried pyramid plunder and I don't want to either. I'm proud of that. Smile
Back to top Go down
CookieSlay3r
Soulgazer
CookieSlay3r

Hunter & thieving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter & thieving   Hunter & thieving EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:31 pm

depending on your thieiving level, you should be doing pp (anything above 71 personally) and red sallys/ black sallys are good til 80, then do herblore habitat is what ive been told, but im still 72 hunter so don't take my advice on that.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Abyssal Demon
Amy

Hunter & thieving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter & thieving   Hunter & thieving EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 6:19 am

I'd definatly recomend pyramid plunder for thieving, its great fun and good xp

at level 71, do half of the 61 room and the whole of the 71 room, and so on as you level up

And for hunter, red sallys are probably the best until level 78 in my opinion, at 78 i'd suggest going to herblore habitat and hunting some common jadinkos until 80, this allows you to get used to marasamaw trapping as well as will give you a plentiful supply of seeds which are needed in order to hunt high level jadinkos and to get the witchdoctor clothing

Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

Hunter & thieving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter & thieving   Hunter & thieving EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 7:39 am

Villiama wrote:

I have never tried pyramid plunder and I don't want to either. I'm proud of that. Smile

Well then, you are stuck with mkfs tongue

As far as hunter, keep doing whatever until youre 70, then hunt common jadinkos in hh. When you can, igneous + carrion jadinkos is the best xp/hr until 85-90, at which case draconic + common becomes better (carrion are unlocked at 77 iirc), although this method will cost a lot of seeds. (also remember that you can boost hunter to get witchdoctor clothes before 80)
Back to top Go down
Go??

Hunter & thieving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter & thieving   Hunter & thieving EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:02 am

50-80 thieving - thieving guild knocking off nub trainier with rubber blackjack
80-99 thieving - mkf
or
81-99 thieving - pp

thieving is ez to give advices cuz there are not many options. Also both methods are smililar xp and similar cash (except if you are extremely lucky with pp)

for hunter its a bit more complicated.

sth like 60-80 red sally ; 80-85 ruby harvest ; 85-95 sapphire glacials&snowy knights ; 95-99 black warlocks

also falconry is not bad but not really better than red sallys.
at around 80 you can start hunting draconic jadinkos which can be extremely fast (200k/hr at 95+), but for that you need to get hunter potions first and also those vines that fend off common jadinkos.
There are also grenwals, but those no longer should be mentioned cuz spikes fell so low in price.

I personally did mkf for thieving (pp is stupid)
For hunt Red sallys with xp boosting stuff (to make them feel bit faster xp) and after combination of butterflys and hh. ruby harvests are not bad, but kinda spread around too much. String snowy @85 is annoying cuz evrytime you wont be albe to see difference between knight and glacial. But 90+ butterflies are pretty nice (also give not bad agility xp)

Final note. Butterflies require high agility level. Basically (hunter -5) agility.
And also butterflies dont give that much pure hunter, but also good agi. 90 hunt/85 agi you can get like 120k hunter/25k agility.
Considering barb adv is liek 60k/hr agi xp, i believe butterflies are more time efficient than draconics, and less concentration intensive.

@edit:
Sorry for really messy answer, but i tried to squeeze too much there ;p
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

Hunter & thieving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter & thieving   Hunter & thieving EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:49 am

Any advice on a hunter method that earns money too? I'm decent at catching graahks for their fur but it can be quite tedious.

Last edited by Villiama on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

Hunter & thieving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter & thieving   Hunter & thieving EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:03 pm

Villiama wrote:
Any advice on a hunter method that earns money too? I'm decent at catching graahks for their fur but it can be quite tedious.

hunt draconic jadinkos and then make juju mining pots so you get lots of gold ore while you mine to 99...oh wait Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Chajak
Cave Horror
Chajak

Hunter & thieving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter & thieving   Hunter & thieving EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:11 pm

What I've been doing for hunter (slowish exp) is my daily big chin and then getting grenwall tickets

Grenwalls require 77 hunter and give 1.1k Exp a catch, the minimum amount of spikes you can obtain per catch (granted it is caught) is 18, you may also either 1: get the bait back or 2: get a random medium to high level herb (harralander to dwarfweed from my experience).

It's a "private" hunting ground near the DnD start portal, downside is that it isn't 100% private as other people can show up there, but that almost never occurs.

It's fairly close to a bank as well, and about 90% of the time you come out with profit (if you keep the good herbs and drop the lower level ones)

I use my arctic bear while in there as it gives a hunter boost.

P.S. the raw pawya meat is required to catch them, otherwise they wouldn't attempt the box trap.

Have fun hunting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunter & thieving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter & thieving   Hunter & thieving Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunter & thieving
Page 1 of 1