The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Farming Herb Calculator

Go down 
+4
Amy
Cream
Barca
Hopalong
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

Farming Herb Calculator Empty
PostSubject: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:19 am

I've made this all by myself, but if you guys would like to log any of your personal herb runs (on your own personal spreadsheet of course) I would be interested in retrieving that data so we can make my calculator become more accurate. Anyways, here it is, all you need to do is plug in the two values at the top where the cells are a solid color. Enjoy and have fun Wink (CURRENTLY ONLY WORKS FOR SNAPDRAGONS, TORSTOLS, DWARF WEED, LANTADYME, RANARR, TOADFLAX, AVANTOE AND FELLSTALK)

Newest Version:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkhcUesnaDordGhMTFRhNkJwWnZyVzh2Mk1yd1BXaVE
Thanks to Mikey for the help.

Last edited by Hop a on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:30 am

Oops, had it set to view. Now try.
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:31 am

I always do dis when i buy more seeds Rolling Eyes

Anywayz, nice work hopa. Im sure a few newbfarmers will find this helpfull
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:17 am

Thank ya Smile It took me way longer than it should have hehehehe... Been an effort since I started my Snapdragon runs to make everything come out good. Finally found out how to make it retrieve live data, and that was kind of the last piece I needed.
Back to top Go down
Cream
Turoth
Cream

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 2:04 am

This is pretty cool Surprised

Too bad I just keep all that info in my head Razz
Back to top Go down
Amy
Abyssal Demon
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:21 am

at a first glance itooks great!

wil give it a proper go when i buy more seeds!

bounce
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Stupid thing wont gather live data, but my excel spreadsheet will.

Anyone got any idea on how to make it gather live GE information? (in google docs)
Back to top Go down
MikeyzDragon
Skeletal Wyvern
MikeyzDragon

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:10 pm

checking

open it up you dope

EDIT: I can do it. too hard to explain.

also, issue with gdocs is that they restrict on how often the prices update. so they take forever the more you automate.
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 11:52 pm

Figures, anyways I'll add you in so you got full access. (What I had done with excel is use data from runescape wikia, since for some reason it wouldn't load information from the GE database, the information is in the Hidden documents (should be 8 sheets)) Anyways see what you can do.
Back to top Go down
MikeyzDragon
Skeletal Wyvern
MikeyzDragon

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL html tags work with this forum
PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:47 am

You can easily get them from the GE database. Just have to know where to look.

Example:

http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/Clean_avantoe/viewitem.ws?obj=261

clean avantoe direct link a fun command that imports everything in the page source with certain tags:

=importXML("http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/Clean_avantoe/viewitem.ws?obj=261"; "//td")

First thing that shows up is the GE price for the Clean Avantoe Herb in the first column that you post that command in.

Breakdown of that command: importXML tells google that it's gathering info from a page. The link tells it where to go. the //td tells it to grab all the data within
tags. Thankfully jagex didn't screw up their coding like they usually do with all their pages (WHICH IS WHY IT LOADS SO SLOW AND LAGS).

So all in all, find the object number. Easily find this by looking at the page source then ctrl + f the name of the seed/herb and the link to that object will be there.
Back to top Go down
MikeyzDragon
Skeletal Wyvern
MikeyzDragon

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:50 am

Code:
You can easily get them from the GE database. Just have to know where to look.

Example:

http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/Clean_avantoe/viewitem.ws?obj=261

clean avantoe direct link a fun command that imports everything in the page source with certain tags:

=importXML("http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/Clean_avantoe/viewitem.ws?obj=261"; "//td")

First thing that shows up is the GE price for the Clean Avantoe Herb in the first column that you post that command in.

Breakdown of that command: importXML tells google that it's gathering info from a page. The link tells it where to go. the //td tells it to grab all the data within <td> tags. Thankfully jagex didn't screw up their coding like they usually do with all their pages (WHICH IS WHY IT LOADS SO SLOW AND LAGS).

So all in all, find the object number. Easily find this by looking at the page source then ctrl + f the name of the seed/herb and the link to that object will be there.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL html tags work with this forum

lmfaooooooooooo HTML codes for TD work in the forum post. I died.

EDIT: I'll just do it since I'm bored lol.

EDIT: why would you bother with grimeyyyyyyyy you lost moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Back to top Go down
MikeyzDragon
Skeletal Wyvern
MikeyzDragon

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:46 am

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag-DxpBjRUy2dG04WEJhaE02N2x4WkZ3Q2p2a3dXR3c#gid=5

I jacked everything into the Raw Data sheet. Got rid of the 8 hidden ones. Nothing was messed with. I just moved it around with Ctrl + x so everything that's linked to it changed to it. So you can finaggle with it or change it however you want.

I also put other commonly farmed herbs in there since you'll probably add them later or something.
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Cause Grimy is for lazy farmers. I always clean mine!@@@

And thank ya sir! And yes, html works in here Razz Just check out my Event log (scrolling text Razz )

I'll fiddle with formulas so the other herbs can be calculated as well (No way in hell I'll farm them though lol).
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:30 pm

IF ANY OF YOU KEEP A FARMING LOG I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN HAVING YOUR DATA!!! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:38 pm

Also, let me edit it plox mikey.
Back to top Go down
Cream
Turoth
Cream

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:59 pm

Are you just trying to find the average herb yield for different herb boosts?
Back to top Go down
Agile Darth
Desert Strykewyrm
Agile Darth

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Farming Herb Calculator I_have10
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Cream wrote:
Are you just trying to find the average herb yield for different herb boosts?

No, main purpose is to try to calculate how much profit a certain type of crop will yield in a certain amount of seeds. Also, to see if there's a significant difference of herb yields between the types of crop (but that's not the main purpose of it).

Here's the newest version of it:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkhcUesnaDordGhMTFRhNkJwWnZyVzh2Mk1yd1BXaVE
Back to top Go down
Amy
Abyssal Demon
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Really useful, was very helpful!

1 tiny thing to nit pick at... you spelt lantadyme wrong Razz

but yeah, great job hop!
bounce
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Oh that's bad. I'll see if it was only in one spot or just me misspelling things.
Back to top Go down
MikeyzDragon
Skeletal Wyvern
MikeyzDragon

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Amy Surprised wrote:
Really useful, was very helpful!

1 tiny thing to nit pick at... you spelt lantadyme wrong Razz

but yeah, great job hop!
bounce

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:05 pm

*cough* and mikey *cough*
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:40 pm

bumpity
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:03 am

More data added, formulas fixed that were broken, good way to end the day.
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:40 am

Hop a wrote:
More data added, formulas fixed that were broken, good way to end the day.
Played cw while you fixed it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farming Herb Calculator   Farming Herb Calculator Empty

Back to top Go down

Farming Herb Calculator
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next