The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slaying No Brainers

Go down 
+6
iman103
peashout
7z10
Maroon slays
Merondon
Gan_real
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gan_real
Kurask
Gan_real

Slaying No Brainers Empty
PostSubject: Slaying No Brainers   Slaying No Brainers EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:31 pm

------------------Slaying No Brainers--------------------------

I have been hearing a lot of people in cc complaining about being too poor to afford supplies to slay with. There are always some REALLY bad excuses behind them when you ask why though. Slaying is not rocket science guys!

You want money?

1. Do not use your bonus points to skip tasks! A very bad habit to get into. I put this down to simple laziness. 35 bonus points can be used to get you 250 deaths and 1000 mind runes. Every 35pts = 100k gp approximately.

2. Don't Slay beyond your bankroll!

a). Don't piety every task. Actually don't piety at all. Save your prayer pots for tasks you need to protect pray on. You should be getting enough ranarrs from drops to make your own comfortably. This goes for other herbs too. Make super sets instead of using piety.

b). Do not use a cannon unless you have some serious cash behind you first.

Yes these above methods speed up your tasks. But its no good going broke to get xp. You have to learn how to crawl before you can walk.

3. Much the same as above but I always laugh when people say they have no money only to find they wear Bandos or similar priced armour to slay in or have godswords. You don't NEED them! A whip, rune defender does the job and cheaper armour with better stats is available. Looking good does not make you slay better.

4. Spend "some" money to get some summoning levels so you can summon at least a bunyip. You don't need 99 summ/pray to slay.

5. Learn to DIY!!!

- My point is Slayer is a money making skill. There is no reason to come into cc and moan how poor you are. Yes, I understand times are tough, prices for some thing are outrageous. That means you have to be smart and do somethings the long way instead of buying the easy way out. Try doing other skills to help you slay. And most of all DO SOME QUESTS!!! It makes this game so much easier. You can either continue to make excuses or do something about it.

Happy Slaying Wink
Back to top Go down
https://slayernest.forumotion.com
Merondon
Warped Tortoise
Merondon

PostSubject: Re: Slaying No Brainers   Slaying No Brainers EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Nice post, I have noticed this aswell from time to time and you are abolutely correct (I might not be one to talk, I wear expensive stuff when slaying but I don't complain about being poor at least Wink)

I just hope the people this is intended for manage to find and read this.
Back to top Go down
Maroon slays
Gargoyle
Maroon slays

PostSubject: Re: Slaying No Brainers   Slaying No Brainers EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:21 pm

Good post, Gan cheers

Everyone should most definately heed his advice Smile
Back to top Go down
7z10
Molanisk
7z10

PostSubject: Re: Slaying No Brainers   Slaying No Brainers EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Good Job Gan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
peashout
Night Spider
peashout

PostSubject: Re: Slaying No Brainers   Slaying No Brainers EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:36 am

Number 5 on that list is IMO the most important rule for almost every aspect of RS

Do It Yourself

I can't begin to calculate how many mills I've saved from making my own pots, fishing my own food, and things like that. Always DIY if you have the opportunity, getting assisted in some things like herb or smith can even save ya some cash if not get you the xp for doing it.
Back to top Go down
iman103
Cave Slime
iman103

PostSubject: Re: Slaying No Brainers   Slaying No Brainers EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:18 pm

Nice post gan, though i would be qualified as lazy, since i pass like 1/5 of these things Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zang of sn
Jelly
zang of sn

PostSubject: Re: Slaying No Brainers   Slaying No Brainers EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:01 am

gan this post was good but people are still complaning every now and then so
i dont think the message got though to them
tbh its a no brainer to not use piety on any tasks

tbh its there own fault they got into that mess so i dont listeren to it now lol
Back to top Go down
First Memory
Cave Bug

PostSubject: Re: Slaying No Brainers   Slaying No Brainers EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:08 pm

good tips/advice man Smile thanks im 116 combat without bunyip and 76 near 77 slayer, so i'm gunna get one like tomorro probably Razz
Back to top Go down
G
Spiritual Warrior
G

PostSubject: Re: Slaying No Brainers   Slaying No Brainers EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Cant imagine slayer without a yip now Shocked
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Slaying No Brainers   Slaying No Brainers EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:45 pm

same
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slaying No Brainers   Slaying No Brainers Empty

Back to top Go down

Slaying No Brainers
Page 1 of 1