The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chat for the Forums.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeyzDragon
Skeletal Wyvern
MikeyzDragon

Chat for the Forums. Empty
PostSubject: Chat for the Forums.   Chat for the Forums. EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 10:40 pm

Yea, I was wondering if we could have a chat box for the whole site on the front page at the top. I know of another forum that is setup the exact same way as this, so if you can't find one, I can get one for you guys.

It's just an idea that might be nice.

EDIT: I say this because I don't really look at the chat box in RS because it gets cluttered up quickly. Too lazy to scroll up and this would be a convenience.
Back to top Go down
Wanahunuluge
Grifolaroo
Wanahunuluge

PostSubject: Re: Chat for the Forums.   Chat for the Forums. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 1:29 am

I agree with you here aswell.

However the slayers nest does have other ways of comunicating.

Other nesters use Ventrilio and Skype. However these are not frequently used as hardly anyone knows/goes on them.

To access these i would PM Tangy or someone as ive forgotten.
Back to top Go down
MikeyzDragon
Skeletal Wyvern
MikeyzDragon

PostSubject: Re: Chat for the Forums.   Chat for the Forums. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 1:36 am

Yea, Vent and Skype seem cool, but more than half won't use it. I don't like talking all the time :/ Typing is just as good. It's much easier to handle. I would only use those for like a group mass of some sort. Even then, I probably wouldn't. I don't have a microphone or headset, so I'm shot down from that idea. Who knows who else has that problem.
Back to top Go down
Wanahunuluge
Grifolaroo
Wanahunuluge

PostSubject: Re: Chat for the Forums.   Chat for the Forums. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 1:39 am

Many people have the same problem, many people dont have a microphone. I personaly dont.

You can still type on them, and you can have an option for text-to-speech.

However if we have some chat box on this website, dont you think it would be a pain swapping pages every 10 seconds or so?
Back to top Go down
MikeyzDragon
Skeletal Wyvern
MikeyzDragon

PostSubject: Re: Chat for the Forums.   Chat for the Forums. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 1:46 am

Nope. You have time during slayer and stuff. It would give us something to do if there was a conversation without random texts in the way. I have 2 monitors, so I don't have much of a problem, but before the 2 monitors, checking back and forth was not a pain. I have another forums for a group that uses this exact forum type. I'd say the chat box would be less annoying than the 7 lines for RS.

EDIT: type-to-chat is too cheesy :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat for the Forums.   Chat for the Forums. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 4:39 am

The whole idea of the Nest was for people to talk in cc. I am not keen on other chats as it tends to seperate people from the intended purpose of the Slayer Nest. I wasnt a supporter of the Skype or Vent idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat for the Forums.   Chat for the Forums. Empty

Back to top Go down

Chat for the Forums.
Page 1 of 1