The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy

Go down 
+3
Maroon slays
Conc Blast
Roarke-sama
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Roarke-sama
Crawling Hand

Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy Empty
PostSubject: Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy   Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:16 pm

Hello, my name is Roarke-sama. I've been a patron of the "Slayer Nest" Friend Chat for over two years, in and out, with different names. On Tuesday, December 15th at around 6:53 PM Eastern DS time, "ELytt" was kicked from the friend chat by "Marooon" with no warning and no rule breaking. I've been told that "ELytt," affectionately dubbed "Saxo" (main account and bit of a troll, yes, I know) is a "kick on sight" account. I think that this is unjustified and violates the prior restraint clause in the United States constitution. I know this is probably a waste of time, but I think these actions are wrong - you shouldn't kick someone because of previous rule breaking. I think that this policy should be overturned - a two hour temporary ban is enough punishment (this is implicitly set by the mandatory time requirement set by Jagex).

So, I'd appreciate it if this was corrected. Only kick someone if they break a rule -- being a previous offender (no matter the frequency) does not justify the discriminatory policy that is "kick on sight." I think these actions carried out by "Marooon" should be corrected and ELytt deserves an apology.

I know nothing will happen because no one cares, and I'm appealing to the administration I'm upset with. . . kind of like a totalitarian society if you ask me. Please hear me out and reconsider these harsh and unwarranted actions. Thank you.

~Roarke-sama

Feel free to PM me in game if you have any other questions.
Back to top Go down
Conc Blast
Bloodveld

PostSubject: Re: Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy   Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:19 pm

Roarke-sama wrote:
violates the prior restraint clause in the United States constitution

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roarke-sama
Crawling Hand

PostSubject: Re: Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy   Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:20 pm

I guess I should correct myself. "Prior Restrain" really just affects the US Federal Government - I guess that the FC technically isn't affected by this, but it certainly violates the nature of the clause. Hope this clarification helps.
Back to top Go down
Maroon slays
Gargoyle
Maroon slays

PostSubject: Re: Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy   Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:27 pm

I am not sure if you are just a troll or merely misinformed but the U.S. Constitution but this has nothing to do with Slayer Nest policies. The ranks of this clan have voted and discussed the issue at length and come to the conclusion that Saxo is a disruption to the community and is therefore "kicked on sight". I put quotations around kicked on sight because he is not actually kicked on sight but more-so kicked when he devolves the FC into fighting/trolling. To be completely honest, if it were upto me alone, Saxo would be perm banned from the FC but as we are a very forgiving community I think kicks when he gets a little to excited or inflammatory are a reasonable alternative.

Either way, this has nothing to do with the U.S. Constitution and considering you are not ranked in the community you may want to allow for the possibility that you are not privy to 100% of the behind the scenes details of the nest and let the ranks do their jobs without additional hassle. (that being said, I do think you handled this well by using PM when asked and the complaints section on the forum, that is exactly what this is here for)
Back to top Go down
Snook
Cave Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy   Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:31 pm

Maroon slays wrote:
I am not sure if you are just a troll or merely misinformed but the U.S. Constitution but this has nothing to do with Slayer Nest policies. The ranks of this clan have voted and discussed the issue at length and come to the conclusion that Saxo is a disruption to the community and is therefore "kicked on sight". I put quotations around kicked on sight because he is not actually kicked on sight but more-so kicked when he devolves the FC into fighting/trolling. To be completely honest, if it were upto me alone, Saxo would be perm banned from the FC but as we are a very forgiving community I think kicks when he gets a little to excited or inflammatory are a reasonable alternative.

Either way, this has nothing to do with the U.S. Constitution and considering you are not ranked in the community you may want to allow for the possibility that you are not privy to 100% of the behind the scenes details of the nest and let the ranks do their jobs without additional hassle. (that being said, I do think you handled this well by using PM when asked and the complaints section on the forum, that is exactly what this is here for)

Very well put Maroon. I total support and agree with this. Every time I see him around, he's always disrupting the friends chat and doesn't do any good. He's been warned a lot about things in the past, but his attitude and actions never seem to change. He does countless things wrong and never seems to care.
Back to top Go down
mmoseppe
Basilisk
mmoseppe

PostSubject: Re: Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy   Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:34 pm

I have been in slayer nest fc for a very very very long time now.
I don't know what happend before with saxo and maybe kick on sight was the right call for him but I do believe from time to time it is fun having him around.
I also believe sometimes it is hard to ignore the fact he is trying to bend the rules for his sake or cross the line.
Maroon did what was right, since rules are rules and therefor must be applied the same for everyone but that doesn't mean we can't talk about it! (He also gave a warning about the language/subject before kicking!)

If you can't live with the rules - don't enter the chat.
If you don't like a rule - make a post/talk with a general.
If you love Seppe - ah who am I kidding, everybody loves me!

Back to top Go down
VegIsHawt
Phoenix
VegIsHawt

PostSubject: Re: Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy   Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 7:57 pm

So someone who flames/produces mass amount of bots to spam our FC should be allowed in every time and accepted. We should only kick them once they start doing it again? Is that what your logic is saying? (not saying this person does that)
Back to top Go down
islayerangel
Cave Horror
islayerangel

PostSubject: Re: Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy   Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 9:58 am

Saxo has been given way to many chances. He shouldn't be allowed in the fc after breaking the rules over and over with no signs of remorse or improvement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy   Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy Empty

Back to top Go down

Complaint Against "Marooon" & SN Policy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Slayer Nest :: The Slayer Nest :: Complaints/Rants-
Jump to: