The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conduct

Go down 
+3
Rohiit
stitie
Vulthuryo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Vulthuryo
Cave Crawler
Vulthuryo

Conduct  Empty
PostSubject: Conduct    Conduct  EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 2:18 pm

It seems like the conduct in the chat has started to decline recently. People are no longer as helpful and more condescending towards newer members. It's sad when people leave the chat because they don't want to deal with a certain person anymore.
Back to top Go down
stitie
Killerwatt

Conduct  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conduct    Conduct  EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Vulthuryo wrote:
It seems like the conduct in the chat has started to decline recently. People are no longer as helpful and more condescending towards newer members.  It's sad when people leave the chat because they don't want to deal with a certain person anymore.

+1
Back to top Go down
Rohiit
Harpie Bug Swarm
Rohiit

Conduct  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conduct    Conduct  EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Vulthuryo wrote:
It seems like the conduct in the chat has started to decline recently. People are no longer as helpful and more condescending towards newer members.  It's sad when people leave the chat because they don't want to deal with a certain person anymore.
+2
Hopefully your complaint will be an starting point to start the great Help team establishment project.(as happened with event team)
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

Conduct  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conduct    Conduct  EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 1:21 am

I noticed that too; some players are left with too much freedom just because their "veteran-SN" status.
As this Forum is great, we should focus more on the official and therefore more accessable ways of attracting new players to the SN community.
Making an join-application on RS official Forum's SN thread (so new players get chance to introduce them and just so they get feeling of joining a community (even though we're completelly open community requirements wise).

Help-team is great idea; the problem is when certain person is just too lazy (or has very bad internet connection) to Google (or check ingame Skill guides) for some basic informations.
Maybe focus more on the benefit that each player contributes to the peacefull and helpfull environment in the Friends Chat - would make people want to help and work as a team - as of now we got too many members that are somehow left out just because of their low combat level or whatnot - resulting in they not actively involving in SN community at all.
Back to top Go down
kirfalex
Desert Strykewyrm
kirfalex

Conduct  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conduct    Conduct  EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:45 am

What you mean? I don't speak in the chat anymore.
Back to top Go down
Wanahunuluge
Grifolaroo
Wanahunuluge

Conduct  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conduct    Conduct  EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:04 pm

time to kick some ass
Back to top Go down
Rohiit
Harpie Bug Swarm
Rohiit

Conduct  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conduct    Conduct  EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:16 am

Wanahunuluge wrote:
time to kick some ass

oh captain what have u done and in which topic...i am shocked..this is...Rule violation!
4.Trolling/Negative comments/Flaming/Insults wrote:
– This chat is for people to come and have fun, gain knowledge and take away the grind of skills. Those who wish to come into the chat to annoy others will be kicked! This community is not a place for people to start fights!

On the serious note: i will take any punishment if this hurt your feeling, wasn't my intention to do it but think about it if other member see this kind of statement from a captain, they will use those dirty word too and this situation stated in this line "It's sad when people leave the chat because they don't want to deal with a certain person anymore." won't take long to evolve even more.
Back to top Go down

Conduct  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conduct    Conduct  EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 8:39 am

From what I have seen, lately, most questions in the friend's chat do not go unanswered. In fact, the vast majority of questions result in a legitimate, timely answer. Sometimes it is necessary to ask a question more than once, as not everyone pays attention to the chat every moment. I have been playing on a regular basis lately, and I have seen only a handful of instances where legitimate questions have been answered with snide, condescending or downright rude answers.

Keep in mind that some questions are more easily answered by searching one of the fan sites, or the RS website, as most players won't know the answer off the top of their head. An example of such a question might be, "How many gold charms does it take to get from 47 to 71 summoning?" I do agree that the way these questions are answered oftentimes comes across as rude, even if it isn't a personal attack. Rather than responding with "RS Wiki knows!", it might be better to say something along the lines of "That's a rather specific question, you might try looking at RS Wiki."

There are always going to be question-askers that don't want to go and search the web to find the answer to their questions. Sometimes these people resort to rudeness, which spirals into flaming and trolling. We do have exceptional Nesters that go above-and-beyond and research the answers to such questions, though. For example, a question asked yesterday in the chat pertained to the setup used to attract Camouflaged Jadinkos. One of our newer Nesters took his time to find the answer, and shared it with the rest of the chat. When I am on, I pay VERY close attention to this.

If worse comes to worst and you believe someone is constantly being a problem (whether it's in regards to answering questions, breaking the rules, etc.), feel free to screenshot the issue and send it to me. I'll be happy to look at it, share it with the other generals, and speak to the belligerent(s). I also don't have a problem with you messaging me in-game.

On a slightly different topic, I generally don't call out rules violators in-chat unless I cannot pm them. I pm'ed two people yesterday because I wasn't pleased with the direction a conversation was heading, and sure enough, the conversation ended.

Again, I'm open to talking about a Help Crew, and I'm not ending that particular discussion here.

PC
Back to top Go down
Rohiit
Harpie Bug Swarm
Rohiit

Conduct  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conduct    Conduct  EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:02 pm

Paper Chair wrote:
There are always going to be question-askers that don't want to go and search the web to find the answer to their questions. Sometimes these people resort to rudeness, which spirals into flaming and trolling. We do have exceptional Nesters that go above-and-beyond and research the answers to such questions, though. For example, a question asked yesterday in the chat pertained to the setup used to attract Camouflaged Jadinkos. One of our newer Nesters took his time to find the answer, and shared it with the rest of the chat. When I am on, I pay VERY close attention to this.

If worse comes to worst and you believe someone is constantly being a problem (whether it's in regards to answering questions, breaking the rules, etc.), feel free to screenshot the issue and send it to me. I'll be happy to look at it, share it with the other generals, and speak to the belligerent(s). I also don't have a problem with you messaging me in-game.
Yes, Yes. This is really reassuring!!
Back to top Go down
Interrogates
Capsarius
Interrogates

Conduct  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conduct    Conduct  EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 9:29 pm

Vulthuryo wrote:

I've seen this with a few select people who are truly elitists. This really irks me because the reason I joined the Nest is the once great community, now its more who knows who, which I believe has really worsened the experience for new people. Also on the idea of a Help Team I think that is a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Conduct  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conduct    Conduct  Empty

Back to top Go down

Conduct
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Slayer Nest :: The Slayer Nest :: Complaints/Rants-
Jump to: