The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snof introduction days

Go down 
+2
Ziksy
Villiama
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Villiama
Dark Beast

Snof introduction days Empty
PostSubject: Snof introduction days   Snof introduction days EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:36 am

Basically just advertising snof in-game on a specific day and providing some introduction to the site.
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: Snof introduction days   Snof introduction days EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:08 pm

Wouldn't that be against Jagex rules as they only allow to advertise sites they officially supported?

If no, I'm totally up to it - it's good for everybody that more people join out community here. Let the informations flow and conversation get started Smile
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: Snof introduction days   Snof introduction days EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 3:07 pm

I believe it is against the rule.

Do you suggest we just randomly shout out "Join SNOF" in game? What did you have in mind specifically for advertisement?
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: Snof introduction days   Snof introduction days EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:23 pm

I'm not exactly sure. That's why I'm posting. Razz It'd be great if we could do something to boost snof but as has been pointed out it is against the rules to just plainly advertise a website. I tried nominating snof for bronze rank in runescape's supported fansites thread to allow direct advertising a while back but I don't think it had any effect.

Perhaps there is some kind of indirect advertising that may work...?
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Snof introduction days   Snof introduction days EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:11 am

I'll say firstly that it is technically against the JaGeX Code of conduct.  Additionally, telling people to Google something or use any search engine to navigate to a non-JaGeX approved website is also against the rules.  However, it is rarely reported and acted upon and, in general, all of the people here found out about the site in-game.  So what I'll say is that it lands in the very, very grey area and more than likely not result in any serious form of punishment.

To be absolutely honest, if you want someone to join, being indirect about how to navigate here isn't the solution.  If you want them to join, tell them how to find us (the usual "Google 'Slayer Nest' and select the first option" should suffice) and leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Rohiit
Harpie Bug Swarm
Rohiit

PostSubject: Re: Snof introduction days   Snof introduction days EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:16 am

(1) If you wanna do it in small scale log in your nub account(if u have) and make it explain about site.
(2) If you wanna do it in big scale ask few people's nub account explaining about snof. oh and for this use a nub account's friend chat and tell in official fc that 'there is an important announcement going on' join that friend chat.

I doubt there will be any risk even if its against rule. if there is in rare situation you can simply deny it wasn't you, cause you only said important announcement and rest work nub account will do, so nub account will get punishment.

But as hop said "it is rarely reported and acted upon" So There shouldn't be problem.
just a suggestion:P
Back to top Go down
Spec Bros
Cave Slime

PostSubject: Re: Snof introduction days   Snof introduction days EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Just an idea, we could combine this with recruiting for the clan due to being able to advertise the clan in-game. Once new people join we just tell them about these forums and let them know that they can get some friends to join the forums as well. Two birds one stone type of thing. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snof introduction days   Snof introduction days Empty

Back to top Go down

Snof introduction days
Page 1 of 1