The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battlestations!

Go down 
+16
Phonixz
Cream
Villiama
Talmo
Ketalar
Aussy
PrimalMoose
Turkey Soup
Hopalong
CookieSlay3r
kirfalex
Mufc42
Spyrtia
Scottracy
Ob Nixilis
SLAYER SLOTH
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Chajak
Cave Horror
Chajak

Battlestations! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:34 am

And here it is!

Battlestations! - Page 3 6e0ig510

Isn't she beautiful
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 3:22 pm

Nice setup, Mr. Chajak.

I am more curious, however, about the circled items... story time?

Battlestations! - Page 3 6e0ig510

Back to top Go down
Chajak
Cave Horror
Chajak

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:27 pm

The thing to the right is a replica mushroom from Mario (it held candy in it, similar to sweet tarts) and the ones to the left are ducks (obviously), a miniature Link from the Phantom Hourglass game, a mini dinosaur and a mini turtle.

I got the ducks (I used to have more) out of a claw grab machine actually, I won them for my little sister but she turned them down, so I kept them.

The dinosaur came out of a coin machine at a restaurant we used to go to.

I got the turtle from either the St Louis science center or the city museum, back in first grade on a field trip.

I got the Link fingurine from an FYE store in the mall.

I'm surprised you did not ask about the Skull staff in the lower right hand side, not something everyone has, I named it David btw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 1:58 pm

The skull staff and the vitamin water were next on my question list!
Back to top Go down
Chajak
Cave Horror
Chajak

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 4:10 pm

I like vitamin water, and I got the skull staff as a Christmas present about 5 or 6 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 9:34 am

what about the sacrificial blade? are you planning some sort of ritual?
Back to top Go down
Chajak
Cave Horror
Chajak

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Phonixz wrote:
what about the sacrificial blade? are you planning some sort of ritual?

Why do you think I'm missing ducks?

Really though it was a present a few years ago, I've got others as well.
Back to top Go down
Talmo
Wall Beast
Talmo

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 4:13 am

Battlestations! - Page 3 8xvarp
My battlestation v2!
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 8:29 am

Why am I the only one who doesn't have a table. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cream
Turoth
Cream

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 8:52 am

Villiama wrote:
Why am I the only one who doesn't have a table. Sad

You play on your lap all the time o_o?
Back to top Go down
TheDeader
Cave Slime

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 5:44 am

I'm about to build my own battlestation. Never built a pc before. Any advice?
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 12:57 pm

Can't go wrong with spending a little extra time for cable management. Make sure all your cables are nice and tidy for when you open it up in the future.

Also make sure your fans are all going in one direction to create a good airflow system (don't want to just be blowing dust in circles).
Back to top Go down
Chajak
Cave Horror
Chajak

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 1:59 pm

TheDeader wrote:
I'm about to build my own battlestation. Never built a pc before. Any advice?

Not sure if you already have the items, its fine if you do, then let this be a little helpful guide to everyone else who looks at this =P

Websites to go to -
http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/builds (inb4omgpcmasterraceneckbeardfedora) This is actually a rather helpful place with links to guides on how to actually put the parts where they are supposed to go.

www.pcpartpicker.com  This website is where you will "build" the PC. pcpartpicker is extremely helpful as it has a compatibility feature as well as a price checking feature. The price checking feature automatically picks the lowest price online for the part (factoring in mail-in rebates and promocodes/coupons (it lists the code/coupon for you)) The one thing it does not do is calculate the form factor of your PC, so unless you actually read up on the dimensions of each product you might end up buying a part that is too big for your case. One other downside is that they will all be shipped from different locations, so you won't have all your parts at the exact same time.

Here is a link to the pc I built - http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Chajak/saved/BHLwrH

There is one other thing that makes pcpartpicker a great website, it donates part of its proceeds to charity (links in the spoiler) I didn't even know about it until I started writing this together for you lol.

Spoiler:

Now onto some actual advice.

Ask yourself a question "what will I be using this computer primarily for?" if its only for playing RuneScape then you don't really need to go out and spend $1k+ on a desktop Razz . If you are planning on building a desktop that will last you forever while also being able to play almost every single game ever then yeah ~1k+ is probably what you will be spending.

Keep these things in mind while you are building.

1 - Set a budget, if you think you are spending too much you probably are.

2 - Aesthetics aren't everything! You don't need a case like mine or flashy lights, if anything it adds more to the cost (my case was on sale at the time and was the cheapest one I found that fit my form factor)

3 - READ REVIEWS! this is in red because it is very important, if you only look at the rating for the item (say its 5 stars and the other one you are interested in is 3 1/2 stars) then you aren't getting the full effect, dig through and read a few reviews of the item before you pick which one you want. The rating system is based on an average of votes, say 1 person voted a 5 star, well then its 5 stars but only one person has reviewed the item. say the one with 3 1/2 stars has over 3,000 reviews, which one would you more likely prefer? I personally would read through a few of those 3k reviews and see if its actually worth my money.

4 - Compatibility is key. The website (www.pcpartpicker.com) has a compatibility function to tell you if it is all within the wattage of your power supply, but one thing it does not tell you is if it will all fit inside of your case (very important).

5 - Double check your build/peer check your build. One thing I did while I was building my desktop was post the specs of it to (http://www.reddit.com/r/BuildAPC) more often than not someone will comment on something you are able to change for a better price while still maintaining a good performance.

Not sure how helpful this advice is as I may have skipped over a few things, I'll come back and edit this post if I do remember something, if you have any other questions feel free to pm me here Very Happy

EDIT - also do what Phonixz said

Last edited by Chajak on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheDeader
Cave Slime

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 7:42 pm

Thanks heaps guys!

Haven't even started really looking into which parts of anything.

I want a computer for everything that will last me forever.
Budgeting ~$1500 AUD so I should be able to build something pretty nice hopefully.

Will update when I get everything sorted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:34 am

Dang you guys are very serious fellows. When I bought my computer I just went to the first, closest store and bought the second-most expensive one they had. Razz
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Villiama wrote:
Dang you guys are very serious fellows. When I bought my computer I just went to the first, closest store and bought the second-most expensive one they had. Razz

Even that's pretty serious lol. I just went around to a few stores and found a decent laptop that was on sale (not even close to most expensive, it was probably one of the cheaper ones in the store Razz )
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 2:16 pm

There is no joking around when it comes to computers!
Back to top Go down
TheDeader
Cave Slime

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 4:53 am

These are the parts I bought. Everything should hopefully arrive on monday so I can stop playing on my macbook Smile

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/6sQTZL

Also, should I get windows 7 or windows 8?
Back to top Go down
Ha Zzam
Rockslug
Ha Zzam

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 5:09 am

https://kb.iu.edu/d/bciz

For making usb boot media
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 5:53 pm

TheDeader wrote:
Also, should I get windows 7 or windows 8?

Ooooo, big question.

Short answer:
Spoiler:

Slightly longer answer:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TheDeader
Cave Slime

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:18 pm

Leaning towards getting 8.1 as its much easier to find and buy.

Getting used to the new interface shouldn't be much of a big deal as I've been using a Mac for the past 5 years now so I'm not used to any sort of windows interface anyway. I'll have to get used to a different sort of interface either way.

Plus, it seems as though win8 runs better and faster, and most of the problems people have with it are just the UI.
Back to top Go down
Ha Zzam
Rockslug
Ha Zzam

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 5:01 pm

Finally got around to cleaning so I could post where I scape!

Battlestations! - Page 3 1q05YN5
Battlestations! - Page 3 VjRPQH3

Sorry for potato quality shots, when I upgrade my case in a few weeks i'll get someone to take some nice ones of the insides. Also, forgive the cables at the back, they'd be routed nicely but my uni doesn't take kindly to holes being drilled in the desk ^_^

Edit: What is in my PC for those who care:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£297.54 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£24.96 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock B75M R2.0 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£41.24 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory (£60.85 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£74.39 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II Video Card (£149.53 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case (£31.43 @ Aria PC)
Power Supply: be quiet! POWER ZONE 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£77.83 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£10.98 @ CCL Computers)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£44.95 @ Amazon UK)
Monitor: Samsung S22C200B 21.5" Monitor (£118.01 @ Amazon UK)
Monitor: ViewSonic VG2039m-LED 60Hz 20.0" Monitor (£103.49 @ Ebuyer)
Other: Sony MDR-1 (£150.00)
Other: Corsair Vengance K65 mechanical (cherry MX red) (£70.00)
Other: TechNet Optical Gaming Mouse (£25.00)
Total: £1280.20
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-24 00:09 BST+0100
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlestations!   Battlestations! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Battlestations!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Slayer Nest :: The Slayer Nest :: General-