The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Community

Go down 
+8
Villiama
Ziksy
Talmo
VegIsHawt
Phonixz
Shmako
MikeyzDragon
Interrogates
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Interrogates
Capsarius
Interrogates

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Community    Community  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:40 am

After watching Jay last night made me remember the old nest, where everyone would help everyone. Now I know that there goes a lot of unanswered questions in the nest, be it about gear, monsters or anything. Some people also don't treat others with respect at all. So I challenge you to change this. Answer all the questions you can and try to help people anyway you can.
Back to top Go down
MikeyzDragon
Skeletal Wyvern
MikeyzDragon

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:35 am

With the total consumption of trolls around RS, it is hard to answer every question. Where I could answer anything and everything about slayer or RS, I am basically ignorant because of EoC. A lot of people do not know the best ways or can answer questions. Sometimes a troll or a bad answer will get used. Other times, people just don't know. (and of course, most of the questions do get answered one way or another)

I'm more than happy to answer questions but EoC really limits a lot of discussion.

Also, I don't like answering extremely long questions like "how do you do ports?" or some conspicuous thing (like alch prices) that can be answered if someone googled wiki.

EoC is just ehh :/
Back to top Go down
Shmako
Mutated Zygomite
Shmako

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:08 pm

I generally try to answer every question I can, even though it makes me come off as a bit of a talkative ass sometimes. Like Mikey said though, there are some questions that shouldn't be answered as they shouldn't have been asked in the first place...

I've said this countless times in the chat: Rs wikia is your friend. It seems like people prefer to treat the SN chat as a game of 20 questions, rather than spending 5 minutes doing some research by themselves. But hey, what can you do.
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:16 pm

I moved the topic since it's better suited for general forum section. Members section is used for SNOF members to introduce themselves.

Sorry for any inconvenience
Back to top Go down
VegIsHawt
Phoenix
VegIsHawt

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:28 pm

“Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.”
Back to top Go down
Talmo
Wall Beast
Talmo

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:07 am

I help as much as i can, but as previously stated, the most common questions are "how much/how long will it take to get from ____ to ____ in the skill _____".
At the end of the day, its down to laziness sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:06 am

I agree with statements above, and I also try to answer most questions (this also depends on what I'm doing in-game).

Anyhow, some people might have bad computer/internet connection or whatever and they can't check informations on their own.
RS wikia indeed holds a lot of useful information and in general those informations need about 3 minutes to be found, verified and posted as answer in SN chat.

However there are also more complex questions (one sated by Talmo), about these questions if I got all relevant informations needed (XPs per item, XPs required for certain goal, gp/XP rates, other prices, etc.), I'll go and do few simple math solutions and give full answer (along with above stated needed informations), or simple post relevant informations I might have for others to work something out.

If I'm not sure about answer I won't answer at all or will state that confirmation of some kind is needed.

About the actual problem, I've noticed that more wuestions are answered if player with question is regular ACTIVE Slayer Nest Friend's chat user. That is somehow logical, as there are a lot of players who only seek for help and won't give anything back. Not knowing that more you help, higher is chance you get something back (as stated above).

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:33 am

A nester died at sara but I wasn't there soloing for once. Sad Otherwise I would've blessed, so in that way it's kind of my fault. Instead of blessing I did the next best thing.

Community  Webgamur_zpsa4f7c1bc
Back to top Go down
Spyrtia
Fever Spider
Spyrtia

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 7:39 am

I try to reply to most EoC related questions, but I really don't know much about the 07scape servers. Other than that, I think we should definitely try to get every question answered, but we also have to accept that its impossible. I mean, everyone is lazy at times, and certain questions should just be looked up.

It is kinda hard for questions like: How much does '....' sell for in oss? Because there is no way of telling for sure, and the price is different form seller to seller. I know a rough indication would be nice, but if you're looking for just 1 item which might cost anywhere between 200gp and 2500gp, I don't think the effort of asking the question is worth it.

Anyways thats my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
Turkey Soup
Jelly
Turkey Soup

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:19 pm

In the Nest I tend to have a bit of banter with people and also I try as hard as I can to input my knowledge of RS, weather it be about 07 scape or EoC. I have to admit as well that the Nest doesn't have that "vibe" that it used to have like two years or so ago, but this is due to people quitting for EoC reasons along with IRL reasons as of which I both respect. A perfect example of my opinion of how the nest changed was when Paper quit, then came back. When he originally quit it was quieter than usual in the nest, then when he came back a couple of months later, I noticed the happiness people felt seeing an old friend return back to a community. However I feel that this isn't just with our community, it's with every other community out there, weather it be gaming or any other kind f recreational entertainment, my other example that I like to use is the CoD/Halo community, about 5 or 6 years ago, when CoD 4 came out and Halo 3 had just came out, if you were online and asked for help you would get it, or you could easily have a chat with people and back then I was a squeaker (Not now however) but nobody cared because everybody wanted to get along with one and other and help each other. Yet nowadays no one gives a flying Merondononononon about random people they meet online and eventually, every community will have what happened to RuneScape. People say "OMG 07 Scape was sooo good" etcetera when actually, the game is not much different from now, and it is the community that has changed and that is what makes games change, I almost guarantee you that if you put the community like it was 4 or 5 years ago back into current RuneScape and along with any other game, it would be fantastic.

Sorry for the lengthy read guys, probably went off on a tangent a little bit but hey, love y'all.
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 4:33 pm

To be honest I don't think the Slayer Nest community has changed for the worse at all over the last year and a half. It sucked for ages which is a huge reason half our members don't even know who I am as there was no one to talk to. Now there is tons of great people in the nest, sure questions don't get answered as much but that's because there is even more members than there use to be. And not to put a downer (As it was nice to see Paper return) but the nest getting "quieter" was due to half the regulars quitting Runescape then a decent number coming back for EOC.
Back to top Go down
Chajak
Cave Horror
Chajak

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:37 pm

I Try to answer as many questions a possible, and I can answer alot of rs related questions Smile...but occasionally I'll get stumped so I won't answer, I'd be more than happy to look up the answer but I have terrible Internet so when I try to open up anything (while rs is running) it damn near freezes me up, that is also a reason why I ask alot of questions. It almost seems like people get offended when told to go to the wiki for an answer as well. But sometimes there is no other way to get an answer
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:47 pm

I feel like most ppl in the nest will try to help out when they can, but nobody knows everything (not even Veg, tho he will tell you otherwise Razz ). For questions that don't have a simple answer or an answer that is (somewhat) common knowledge, answers are usually not so forthcoming. Personally, for complex questions, I take the apporach that if someone is too lazy to look up something for themselves, then I will be too lazy to look it up for them (although 99% of the time this is a result of me not knowing the answer).
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Spyrtia died at Arma due to a dc and this time there was enough time for me to help. cheers I killed off tagged aviansies to speed up the kc. In the end kc was achieved with 4 minutes to go. More than enough to have done it without my assistance.

Community  Spyrtia_zpsa2dca76b

I tried giving back the 28 addy bars which I took from the missed drops but Spyrtia wouldn't accept them. Sad
Back to top Go down
Spyrtia
Fever Spider
Spyrtia

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:59 pm

Villi is #1

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus