The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2007-scape

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Villiama
Dark Beast

2007-scape Empty
PostSubject: 2007-scape   2007-scape EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:09 pm

So the possibility of bringing back 2007 servers has been announced.

Thoughts? Good/bad? Problems/benefits? And so forth.

Personally I'm far too integrated into the eoc to switch now. At least not hastily.

Post away!
Back to top Go down
ksaturn123
Desert Lizard

2007-scape Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2007-scape   2007-scape EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:41 pm

If I'm able to play on the 2007 server with my current wealth and stats I'd do it no second thought. But if I have to have my 2007 wealth and stats no thank you. I loved runescape as it was (Pre EOC) but not enough to throw away the last 5 years of work and start over. So I'm more the wait and see variety. I couldn't imagine waking up and all my 99's gone and no $. I don't think I had 1 99 5 years ago and now I'm maxed not to mention losing over a billion rsgp in items and cash.
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

2007-scape Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2007-scape   2007-scape EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:59 pm

As much as I loved Runescape from classic to 2008 I doubt I will bother with it apart from just having a quick look to remind myself what it was like and how much has changed. Runescape back then in Merondonononononononon’s words it is over glorified. Being younger then and being less knowledgeable about the game everything seemed more of an adventure, it wasn’t because the game was so much better back then it’s because people didn’t care about efficiency or if they will be able to afford their next 99 all that mattered was having fun and meeting some cool people on the way. Becoming a high level is what changed not the game. I do still prefer the old combat system though and would be very interested in seeing if Fally Park becomes a trading hub once more, but I doubt I will put much time into it as I have a max cape to work for!

And to answer Ksat I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that you will be a level 3 in the servers.
Back to top Go down
Merondon
Warped Tortoise
Merondon

2007-scape Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2007-scape   2007-scape EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:07 pm

I think a lot of people will vote for this but a month or two after release people will realize that it really wasn't the paradise they've hyped up in their minds and go back to regular Runescape.

The only reason I would be even remotely interested in it would be to try and start at level 3 with everyone else and see how the economy works out and basically having everyone start out at the same level. I think that could be really fun. Seeing what makes money and how people choose to focus their time could be awesome. Clue scrolls will probably be very overpowered to start with, a level 3 scroll can be done at a relatively low level and will give you rune armor/black d hide most of the time (which would take ages to get by raising mining/smithing) which would help in getting barrows armor.

If this doesn't get enough votes though botting will be insane (as it is in RSC currently) so it will be basically unplayable anyway.
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

2007-scape Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2007-scape   2007-scape EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:12 pm

If indeed you have to restart similarly to how you started fresh in the classic server reopening then I am even more reluctant to this future update. Granted I will definitely take a look and see how it feels but in the end my allegience lies with my main account; wherein all my effort has been placed.

On a positive note however it has already brought back a friend of mine who quit rs some time in 2008 I believe it was. It's been long. Smile
Back to top Go down

2007-scape Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2007-scape   2007-scape EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Personally I don't care much for them bringing back an '07 server(s); I don't see myself
playing on them much. As much as I did enjoy the game at the time, I find myself
accustomed to what they've done to the game.
However, I agree with Phon in that I may fool around on it unless it reverts your account
to its 2007 state.
Also I love the idea of having to create new accounts and working your way up - especially
when everyone is competing towards a common goal. I would probably play a bit in that
case Razz ... but the chances of that are slim, honestly.

If they made it so some worlds allowed you to use your existing character and other worlds
required a brand new one, that'd be splendid.
Back to top Go down

2007-scape Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2007-scape   2007-scape EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:11 pm

Just read up on some FAQ, and I quote:

"Does this mean I can play my character from back in 2007?"
No, everyone will start fresh.
-Mod Mmg

Yesssssssss Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ksaturn123
Desert Lizard

2007-scape Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2007-scape   2007-scape EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Ya as much as I love the old Combat System, I have no desire to start over. At least when they opened classic up they copied your stats from the game over. I refuse to waste my time leveling to have Jagex A: Decide to change the game or B: Stop offering the service. Pre EOC servers would be fine in my book. If they took a poll close to 50% of players probabally agree.
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

2007-scape Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2007-scape   2007-scape EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:52 am

I will probably take a look at it, be reminded of how much being a lvl 3 noob sucks, and quickly run back to the real game to do more pop voyages Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ksaturn123
Desert Lizard

2007-scape Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2007-scape   2007-scape EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:30 am

Well 2007 will be back. It got it's 50k votes. I'm not gonna play regardless. I just don't see the point in starting over.
Even though I don't plan on playing, I will be watching. Imagine how long it's gonna take for a game full of lvl 3s to get to 85 slayer and get the first whip or high enough fishing for first sharks D bones will be insanely high for awhile. It'll be an interesting watch for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2007-scape Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2007-scape   2007-scape Empty

Back to top Go down

2007-scape
Page 1 of 1