The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player Owned Ports

Go down 
+3
Ziksy
Barca
Doctor Stein
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Doctor Stein
Seeker
Doctor Stein

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:25 am

Table of Contents:

1. Port Overview
2. Voyages
3. Random Events and Other

Last edited by Doctor Stein on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stein
Seeker
Doctor Stein

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:25 am

1. Port Overview

In the player owned ports diversion you act as a portmaster for your own personal port. You send ships on voyages and try to gather resources, follow storylines, and unlock powerful armor and pocket slot items.

It requires a minimum of 1 of 6(up to 6 of 6) level 90s in specific skills. The skills relate to which adventurers can be met. The skills are 90 Prayer(Missionary), 90 Fishing(Whaler), 90 Runecrafting(Occultist), 90 Slayer(Assassin), 90 Herblore(Biologist), 90 Thieving(Convict).

There are 6 regions in the eastern lands that you must explore. As you explore your current one you increases progression towards unlocking the next region. To unlock a new region you must travel a certain distance. Certain voyages advance you certain distance amounts increasing with the complexity of the area it is from and the distance to a new area increases with each new area.

The regions and their values are:
Region - Distance to Next - Distance per Voyage - Base Voyage Time
The Arc - 5,000 - 250 - :30
The Skull - 35,000 - 600 - 1:10
The Hook - 100,000 - 1200 - 2:21
The Scythe - 310,000 - 2400 - 4:42
The Bowl - 750,000 - 4800 - 9:24
The Pincers - N/A - 6000 - 11:34

Special voyages take longer than the base voyage time and are closer to the base voyage time of the next region.

It is possible to gain distance in pincers due to the fact that you actually have a rank(purely cosmetic) that you can use as a title and is based off of port score. The score gained and required are as follows:

Gained:
5k Distance: 1
Scroll Piece: 3
Ship Upgrade: 5
Port Upgrade: 10
Story Mission: 20
Adventurer Met: 50

Title:
0-399: Cabin boy/girl
400-799: Bo'sun
800-1199: First Mate
1200-1599: Cap'n
1600-1999: Commodore
2000+: Admiral
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stein
Seeker
Doctor Stein

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:50 am

On these voyages you acquire resources specific to each region.
Chimes: All Regions
Bamboo: The Arc
Gunpowder: The Skull
Slate: The Hook
Cherrywood: The Scythe
Jade: The Bowl
Stainless Steel: The Pincers

To do these voyages you have several ships.

After the tutorial you begin with 2 ships. More ships can be attained by upgrading the office. The first upgrade of the office after the tutorial costs 3000 Bamboo, 4000 Slate. To acquire the final ship the upgrade costs 10,000 Jade and 8,000 Cherrywood.

All the buildings can be upgraded I will not go into the costs but what they do.
Office: Each rank up adds a ship to your fleet
The Bar: Each rank up increases chance for a high value captain
Lodgings: Increases chance for high level crew
Workshop: Required to make armor and scrimshaws. Increased xp while skilling inside.
Shipwright: Boosts ship stats by a small %
Warehouse: Increased resources gained from regular voyages
Totems: Different totems increase chance for different special voyages
Icon: Attracts specific adventurers
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stein
Seeker
Doctor Stein

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:05 am

2. Voyages

Ship stats and crew:
The most important thing to do for a ship is for it to have high stats. The stats being Morale, Combat, Seafaring, and Speed(optional). Different missions require one or a mix of different stats(1 to all 3). The % chance of a voyages success is based off of the lowest %(ship+crews stats divided by required stat) on the ship. So if I have a morale/combat voyage and I have 100% morale but 50% combat then I have a 50% chance of success.

Maximizing you chances of success are difficult and can require playing around with crew and ship parts. Early on in the regions the best use of your resources is to upgrade the deck items of your ship but as you progress the difference from the last one plateaus and buying+leveling new crew takes the forefront. It is best to have a wide mix of crew members of all types and only to keep the ones(fire the rest) from your current region + 1 region behind(explained later).

Normal voyages:
Normal voyages take the base time(altered by the speed of your ship and those aboard) and reward resources(raw materals). They have several difficulties and require more total stats for higher difficulty but the higher difficulty voyages reward more resources. There are also voyages that reward small to moderate amounts of trade goods(used in making armors, soups and scrimshaws).

Spoiler:

Special Voyages:
Special Voyages are voyages that reward Forgotten Scrolls(used to unlock armor and scrimshaws, 4 scrolls per piece), Adventurer Missions, or voyages that reward an uncommonly high amount of trade goods or resources. These missions tend to take about 50% longer to complete than normal voyages.

Spoiler:

IMPORTANT: If you have both a scroll and a trade goods special and you want to do both you can!....but you have to send the scroll mission first or else it will go away when you send trade goods first!!

Barmaid's Tip:
Each week on Thursday(00:00 GMT) the barmaid will give you a fairly easy voyage that rewards massive amounts of resources(WARNING: This takes the place of your third voyage. Only accept it once a voyage you don't care about is in that slot)

Crew Voyages:
Each region has an unlockable crew member only unlocked after completing a specific voyage.
The Arc: Cyclops(+10% crew xp)
The Skull: Siren Whalerider(+10% crew xp)
The Hook: Feral Chimera(+10% crew xp)
The Scythe: Seawitch(Protects crew members from death)
The Bowl: Judge of Dice(+100 all stats on unique crew members)*
The Pincers: Oxhead and Horseface(Protects crew members from death)

*Solidarity - This is the reason why you need a mix of new and old crew. Each unique crew member gains +25-100 in all stats if they are the only one of the type onboard.

Last edited by Doctor Stein on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stein
Seeker
Doctor Stein

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:20 am

Random events, Rewards, and Other:

Random events:
Random events can happen after completing a mission. You will receive a message that either the black marketeer or the barmaid wishes to speak with you. After completing these you will receive 3 rewards that can be adventurer rerolls, captain rerolls, voyage rerolls(x5), or bonuses to your ships.

The black marketeer:
In his random event you will have to speak to hidden assassins and use their clues to find a kill-target in a crowd at your port. You must do this 5 times.

The barmaid:
In this random event you must serve 20 patrons beer all around the port. You may only carry 2 at once.

Rewards:
Armor:
Piece - Required Trade goods
Helm - Regular: 30, Superior: 40
Chest - Regular: 80, Superior: 100
Legs - Regular: 50, Superior: 60

Regular: Degrades to dust after several hours, tradeable
Superior: Must be repaired after several hours, Not tradeable, Higher Stats

Srimshaw: Regular: 10, Superior: 20
Regular: Turns to dust after 3 hours, Tradeable
Superior: Turns to dust after 4 hours, Not tradeable

Soup: 1 per

Tetsu(Melee) - Plates
Seasinger(Mage) - Chi Globes
Death Lotus(Range) - Laquer
Soups(Food) - Spices
Scrimshaws - Bones

Each adventurer gives different trade goods.
Biologist: Bones
Occultist: Chi Globes
Whaler: Bones and Plates
Assassin: Spices
Convict: Laquer
Missionary: Bones

Meg: Shut up meg!
Spoiler:

Last edited by Doctor Stein on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stein
Seeker
Doctor Stein

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:24 am

All feedback and suggestions welcome
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:38 am

Needs more pictures!!! Wink

Back to top Go down
Doctor Stein
Seeker
Doctor Stein

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:07 pm

Adding pictures as I get them. Will be changing and adding as much as I can.
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:23 am

Lots of info, great guide.
Profiling Smile
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:25 am

I may have missed it but possibly some tips on crew? I'm a noob and my crew suck (Only on the hook region atm)
Back to top Go down
PrimeZone
Banshee
PrimeZone

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:04 am

Fantastic guide, helped me out a lot for starting out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stein
Seeker
Doctor Stein

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:25 am

Phonixz wrote:
I may have missed it but possibly some tips on crew? I'm a noob and my crew suck (Only on the hook region atm)

The only tips I had were keep about 3 or 4(totaling 6 or 7 of each stat) of each type of crew from your current region and one behind. Have your last two Solidarity crew members. Also keep 1 or 2 of your current and last area special crews. Minimum 1 merchant(best you can get), you need a merchant before you hit pincer.

I am actually about 18% to pincer(I would have beat legend to pincer but I derped around for 2 weeks or so Razz ) and I can't seem to roll jade merchants and I need them before I can do my final story voyages Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
VegIsHawt
Phoenix
VegIsHawt

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:13 am

Legend can give you 1 year head start and still win. How even derp for 2 weeks? Takes 10 mins a day to send out boats.

Player Owned Ports Pop10

That is how portmasters roll.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stein
Seeker
Doctor Stein

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 1:11 pm

I went back and got all the building upgrades and stockpiled old resources.

If you can make a better guide, do it and I will delete this one.
Back to top Go down

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:22 pm

Nice guide, Discord!

Player Owned Ports V9PcV8j

Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:50 am

vindico cui wrote:
Nice guide, Discord!

Player Owned Ports V9PcV8j

srry, i dont take advice from ppl on ports when they are same rank as me
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:48 pm

buying update for loop/shield  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Player Owned Ports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Owned Ports   Player Owned Ports Empty

Back to top Go down

Player Owned Ports
Page 1 of 1