The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RS nostalgia thread

Go down 
+4
Mufc42
Merondon
Doctor Stein
Villiama
8 posters
AuthorMessage

RS nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: RS nostalgia thread   RS nostalgia thread EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Felt like making this for whatever reason
I'll get it started with a couple related to dragon slayer.
-getting 31 magic so you don't have to spend bank on that map piece
-that badass cut scene on the way to Crandor
Worst of all, THIS GUY RIGHT HERE
RS nostalgia thread This_g10
WHO STOLE MY DAMN BOAT@
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: RS nostalgia thread   RS nostalgia thread EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:26 pm

During the dragon slayer quest I wound up getting stuck on crandor. Or perhaps lost is a better word. Either way I was at the moss giants training but because I didn't know how to get out of there I had to wait for hp to regenerate, take down 1-2 giants then wait again. This was before home teleports were released.
I still don't remember how I managed to get out of there.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stein
Seeker
Doctor Stein

PostSubject: Re: RS nostalgia thread   RS nostalgia thread EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Dying to elvarg because I tried to kill it with a shortbow.

Dying to a cow and losing bank on my mithril hatchet.

Getting pk'd and losing full rune(with chain)

wearing my first rune platebody and showing it off to my old falador dance partner(she quit years ago)

I still play in fixed a lot.
Back to top Go down
Merondon
Warped Tortoise
Merondon

PostSubject: Re: RS nostalgia thread   RS nostalgia thread EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:43 am

I always liked trading west of Varrock Castle, most likely because I didn't trade much after the trading moved over to fally park and I never got as good deals in fally park Smile

RS nostalgia thread Runescape+classic+busy+area

RS nostalgia thread NgecN5Y

I remember hating fatigue when it first came out but after they added sleeping bags it wasn't that bad.

Armour taking up inventory slots.

Bluerose13x, S A X, Tks, Zonghui etc.

I miss pking with the 3-hit rule, in my opinion pking died when RS2 was released. (That's probably also because I didn't pk all that much after RS2 was released.)
Back to top Go down
Mufc42
Ice Strykewyrm
Ice Strykewyrm
Mufc42

PostSubject: Re: RS nostalgia thread   RS nostalgia thread EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:49 am

Bluerose13x made bank getting 99 smithing iirc, used to trade rune legs for party hats! Imagine is (s)he kept all them hats till present day!
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: RS nostalgia thread   RS nostalgia thread EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:24 am

What was 3-hit rule?

I remember getting my first million gp from choping down Yew trees in Edgeville, later moving on to Varrock west bank and used to merch Barrows and Whips.
"Money first" and "Nty" were most used words back then xD
Back to top Go down
Merondon
Warped Tortoise
Merondon

PostSubject: Re: RS nostalgia thread   RS nostalgia thread EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 am

Ziksy wrote:
What was 3-hit rule?

I remember getting my first million gp from choping down Yew trees in Edgeville, later moving on to Varrock west bank and used to merch Barrows and Whips.
"Money first" and "Nty" were most used words back then xD

When you started fighting you had to let your opponent attack you 3 times before you could run away and you couldn't eat or pot while in combat so if he managed to kill you in 3 hits you were dead.
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: RS nostalgia thread   RS nostalgia thread EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:05 pm

I have thrown an old SN picture up a hundred times from January 2010. It's a mix of 2 screenshots in one but for the first time here they are unedited! (Well I quickly cropped them for you guys since I couldn't screenshot well back then).

I am the girl with the untrimmed fetching cape, directly in front of me is Gan I think paper is the person to the right of me with the untrimmed cook and 2 behind him is Tangy

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I have no idea why I have a screenshot like this but you guys might recognize some Nesters names in the chat
Spoiler:

Dragon Claws just came out
Spoiler:

Don't be jelly of my rune (This is when I use to boss hunt with RuneTips aka TeT-Team)
Spoiler:

Runecrafting that would make Barca proud
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The making of my POH! (Also the house that most of SN 99 parties were hosted in at the time)
Spoiler:

Can't really see it but my first ever drop zammy spear, I think it says 16th April 2010 and if I remember it was a trip hosted by Rukiro9
Spoiler:

Baix getting untrimmed 99 HP in 2010 from left to right: Meron, Baix, Wana, Me and Tangy
Spoiler:

Meron hogging exp
Spoiler:

Thats it for now, I may add to this at some point
Back to top Go down
Mufc42
Ice Strykewyrm
Ice Strykewyrm
Mufc42

PostSubject: Re: RS nostalgia thread   RS nostalgia thread EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Certing coal + lobsters in Draynor. Quite possibly the worst thing ever.

Also - cool pics phon! I miss ruki. she was cool.
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: RS nostalgia thread   RS nostalgia thread EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Im very proud ;]
Back to top Go down
CookieSlay3r
Soulgazer
CookieSlay3r

PostSubject: Re: RS nostalgia thread   RS nostalgia thread EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:42 pm

I dont have any old pictures Sad
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: RS nostalgia thread   RS nostalgia thread EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 5:08 pm

Here is a fun video for y'all!

Oh just to add since my friends though this was funny the other day. So this was taken in 2009 and I was level 103 and from there to end of 2012 I only managed to get from level 103 to 128 and most those levels were done in a rush to level before EOC
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RS nostalgia thread   RS nostalgia thread Empty

Back to top Go down

RS nostalgia thread
Page 1 of 1