The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Slayer model

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thai_Tong
Cave Bug
Thai_Tong

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Version 9.4 Here

The slayer model is a spreadsheet tool that requires no download. It can be used to predict various outcomes of your personal slayer task list such as how long your goal will take and how many charms you will get. I have been testing slayer on and off for over 2 years and have created this tool, I hope you can make great use of it Smile

To use it you simply need to log in to your google account, click file and click make a copy and then you will be able to edit your copy to suit how you prefer to slay.

The task input interface
Spoiler:

The drops input interface
Spoiler:

The combat input interface
Spoiler:

Task frequencies and effigies
Spoiler:

Combat and herbicide xp
Spoiler:

Charms
Spoiler:

Tradable drops and profits
Spoiler:

Last edited by Thai_Tong on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:21 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
CookieSlay3r
Soulgazer
CookieSlay3r

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:17 pm

This is very interesting and I see it as a valuable asset. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thai_Tong
Cave Bug
Thai_Tong

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:49 am

Thankfully the slayer tower update didnt add any new monsters to Kuradal's list. cheers

I believe that doing tasks in slayer tower is an extra 20% to slayer xp. I don't think its worth doing abberant spectres there but gargoyles spawns are similar to kuradal's dungeon. Nechs are less cramped than in the chaos tunnels which makes hurricane and quake worse, abyssal demons will probably be worth doing there. When the tower isn't crowded I'll test the tasks and change their xp per kill if necessary.
Back to top Go down
VegIsHawt
Phoenix
VegIsHawt

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Does the Ganodermic creatures exp rate change any with their recent buff in poison damage? 80+ damage per seems to limit the amount of cannon/aoe you can do without dying.
Back to top Go down
Thai_Tong
Cave Bug
Thai_Tong

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:34 am

Buffs to monster damage rarely affect speed since you can almost always heal faster with soul spli than they can do damage.
However, when an update affecting speed does happen you can just try one task and change the speed on your own copy. After a bit it will be changed on the main sheet but I cannot change what's on everyone else's copy.
Back to top Go down
Thai_Tong
Cave Bug
Thai_Tong

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:04 am

I will try to use the bestiary to find a formula between monster stats and how often a monster is assigned. Then if there is a new monster I can add it in without much difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Thai_Tong
Cave Bug
Thai_Tong

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Thai_Tong wrote:
I will try to use the bestiary to find a formula between monster stats and how often a monster is assigned. Then if there is a new monster I can add it in without much difficulty.
If anyone was wondering, I'm very sure no such formula exists.
Back to top Go down
Thai_Tong
Cave Bug
Thai_Tong

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:17 am

Hooray. I finally got around to updating this, it now includes automatons and avansies but not the new task released 2 days ago. It is simplified a bit to minimise the amount of information you must enter and should also lag less.
Back to top Go down
Thai_Tong
Cave Bug
Thai_Tong

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Mod Chris L revealed the assignment weight for ascension monsters so they are included now Very Happy http://puu.sh/3nbxs.png
Back to top Go down
VegIsHawt
Phoenix
VegIsHawt

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:58 pm

Thai_Tong wrote:
Thai_Tong wrote:
If anyone was wondering, I'm very sure no such formula exists.

So JMods just assign a weight to a monster and it is that monster's weight divided by the total weight of all monsters to give the % of times that task is assigned?
Back to top Go down
Thai_Tong
Cave Bug
Thai_Tong

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Yes since I posted that Jagex have published kuradal's assignment weights. The weights for kuradal are here http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Slayer_Master#Kuradal
Back to top Go down
VegIsHawt
Phoenix
VegIsHawt

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:02 pm

That list has fungal mages from Kuradal?????
Back to top Go down
Thai_Tong
Cave Bug
Thai_Tong

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 2:51 am

Yeah lol idk how Jagex messed up that 1
Back to top Go down
Thai_Tong
Cave Bug
Thai_Tong

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 6:20 pm

I've fixed monsters xp to bring them in line with the recent change to monster xp. Some bad tasks like living rocks and aberrant specs had their combat xp increased.
Back to top Go down
VegIsHawt
Phoenix
VegIsHawt

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 10:10 pm

Why are some tasks canceled, such as black demons/nechs, when they are more exp than others, like desert wyrms and similar to abby demons/skeletal wyverns? Or are those just your preferences?
Back to top Go down
Thai_Tong
Cave Bug
Thai_Tong

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:28 am

VegIsHawt wrote:
Why are some tasks canceled, such as black demons/nechs, when they are more exp than others, like desert wyrms and similar to abby demons/skeletal wyverns? Or are those just your preferences?
The task list there is somewhat random. The "best" task list depends quite a bit on how fast you can make money with other methods and also how much you value combat xp. The great thing about the slayer model is that it is so customisable, it is more of a tool to see what task list suits you best rather than me putting up a good task list and saying "This is the best task list, use it." I encourage you to play around with it and change the settings.
Back to top Go down
Thai_Tong
Cave Bug
Thai_Tong

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:02 pm

I've made an instructional video for the model if the many interfaces are confusing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 7:38 am

Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Thai_Tong
Cave Bug
Thai_Tong

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 2:15 pm

The queen black dragon is now an option for black dragon tasks. Smokey1992 logged the drops of 1001 kills Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thai_Tong
Cave Bug
Thai_Tong

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:49 pm

There's now an option for using mortania legs to boost xp in slayer tower. I assume that anyone who selects using slayer contracts will be killing abberant specs in slayer tower instead of cannoning them in pollniveach slayer dungeon.
Back to top Go down
Thai_Tong
Cave Bug
Thai_Tong

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 4:22 am

I added in airuts. Sorry it took so long because I had a very busy last semester
Back to top Go down
Qp
Cave Bug

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 5:09 pm

This is great! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Slayer model Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slayer model   The Slayer model Empty

Back to top Go down

The Slayer model
Page 1 of 1