The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Runescape 'Conditioning'

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shmako
Mutated Zygomite
Shmako

Runescape 'Conditioning' Empty
PostSubject: Runescape 'Conditioning'   Runescape 'Conditioning' EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 4:33 am

Worth a watch. Gives a good explanation was to what makes playing RS so appealing - Especially those 99's that you *really* hated getting - and what makes a compelling video game.
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

Runescape 'Conditioning' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runescape 'Conditioning'   Runescape 'Conditioning' EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 5:31 am

I've studied a fair amount of this sort of thing and it's quite interesting. An experiment quite well known that skinner conducted (I didn't watch the whole video so I don't know if it was used) is where skinner had 2 pigeons playing ping pong against one another.

The type of operant conditioning used is an example of positive reinforcement. A man named Ivan Pavlov conducted similar experiments, the more known one being "Pavlov's dogs". This is where he conditioned the dogs to react to the ringing of a bell. when the dogs heard this bell their saliva glands would become active and they would be hungry.

Another one if my memory serves me well that Skinner had executed was having rats complete a maze and push a button at the end to receive a block of cheese.

Anyway I'll stop there otherwise I'll be going on all day about it. Next time we can talk about sensual deprivation experiment I took part it!
Back to top Go down

Runescape 'Conditioning'
Page 1 of 1