The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clan avatars and more

Go down 
+2
Pholus
Ziksy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

Clan avatars and more Empty
PostSubject: Clan avatars and more   Clan avatars and more EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Heya.

First of all, I always have and always will respect the word of higher rank in either friends or clan chat.

Just today I got bumped by a word of someone able to summon clan avatars.
The problem is, that ALOT of the time, clan avatars are not called. EVEN when someone asks for active avatar, they're not called out. What's the point?
In the first place I think player summoning an avatar should call it out on recent basis (every half of hour?).

I was calling an avatar for about 20 mins, because no was out I went skilling, but just after 10 mins avatar was called out on dismissing in clan chat. No big deal, but Clan option (as general speaking) is here to benefit all of its members (either via community activites, Clan citadels or as speaking avatars), not just a few that have high enough rank to benefit even more.

Just a thought as I'm aware that a lot of people will call for an avatar with no responce (not only for XPs bonuses, but Orts as well).

Other subject I only have a question to is, some ranks in friends/clan chat, I noticed, have higher abilities to Clan activities than others, what's the point?
I don't want to rant about it, just asking because I haven't seen a single article how this special abilities can be earned (e.g. Bronze star can summon Clan avatar, etc.).

Thanks for all informations and help, hopefully we can find a sollution or I will be presented with some new info Smile

Happy 'Scaping.
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

PostSubject: Re: Clan avatars and more   Clan avatars and more EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:16 pm

I agree that more frequent avatar updates would be a better thing, although I dont usually have a problem getting a response when I look for one. People are usually good about telling you which worlds avatars are on, although if you look in the clan chat box you can see the world ranks with the ability to summon avatars are on, and can make a pretty decent guess, I have to say though that generally someone in the fc will know where (or at least on which world) an avatar is if there are any out.

In regards to 'special' ranks, the first thing to note is that your rank in the fc doesnt necessarily equal your rank in the clan. There are indeed some people who are lieutenants (or unranked) in the fc but have a high enough rank in the clan to summon avatars (and also announce it in the cc). These ranks are only earned by haxing and giving yourself a new rank!! (sorry, but I felt the need for the seriousness to end Razz you'll have to ask Hop or a gen about earning cc ranks)
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: Clan avatars and more   Clan avatars and more EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:28 pm

Pholus wrote:
I agree that more frequent avatar updates would be a better thing, although I dont usually have a problem getting a response when I look for one. People are usually good about telling you which worlds avatars are on, although if you look in the clan chat box you can see the world ranks with the ability to summon avatars are on, and can make a pretty decent guess, I have to say though that generally someone in the fc will know where (or at least on which world) an avatar is if there are any out.

In regards to 'special' ranks, the first thing to note is that your rank in the fc doesnt necessarily equal your rank in the clan. There are indeed some people who are lieutenants (or unranked) in the fc but have a high enough rank in the clan to summon avatars (and also announce it in the cc). These ranks are only earned by haxing and giving yourself a new rank!! (sorry, but I felt the need for the seriousness to end Razz you'll have to ask Hop or a gen about earning cc ranks)

Ye, usually I don't have problem with finding the avatar's world (remmebered who will usually summon one), just I call it when I need to train bankstanding skill or w/e, and no responce is bad Neutral

About ranks, ye, hopefully someone can answer Razz

Thank you Phol Smile
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: Clan avatars and more   Clan avatars and more EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:58 pm

We’ve actually been in the process of discussing how we are going to have clan avatars. Although we would wish to have all lieutenants have the avatar it is currently risky since that position has the ability to kick. Not that we expect that to happen but it’s a risk that shouldn’t be there at all. As for currents lieutenants who have gained this rank my reasoning at least (probably will differ from other gens) was for convenience. As an example, when I had the avatar summoned a few weeks back many non-ranks and a couple of lieutenants were using it, it came to a time where I had to go and personally I didn’t want to put people out of the bonus they were all using and people were having fun training together so I gave Flissy the rank. How it has worked out so far is flawed and we are very much aware of that and have been discussing ideas. When we have come to a solid decision I will post another comment. I know this isn’t the greatest answer but until we feel confident in a decision feel free to PM me about it.

Oh and to add: People should be calling if they have avatars out.
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

PostSubject: Re: Clan avatars and more   Clan avatars and more EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:04 pm

That sounds reasonable. If I may make a suggestion, would it be possible to give lieutenants the ability to summon avatars and announce them without giving them the ability to kick people? Or perhaps you could have whatever cc rank (admin I think it is) be the next step up in between lieutenant and captain, and then not really have to change anything? Sorry if these are bad ideas, just thinking out loud. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: Clan avatars and more   Clan avatars and more EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:06 pm

It's not a bad idea at all and it's what I wanted to happen but you cannot physically do it. People with avatar permissions have to be able to kick as well, it's not what we have decided, it's what Jagex have done
Back to top Go down
CookieSlay3r
Soulgazer
CookieSlay3r

PostSubject: Re: Clan avatars and more   Clan avatars and more EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:31 pm

wow that really is a delima, maybe make a post about it on the rsof? it might help (but probably wont). As for the calling of avatars most ranks call in clan or friends chat when they have summoned and/or are dismissing one Razz. Though I have never had trouble some people with different ranks on during their time zone might!
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Clan avatars and more   Clan avatars and more EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Cewkie 138 wrote:
wow that really is a delima, maybe make a post about it on the rsof? it might help (but probably wont). As for the calling of avatars most ranks call in clan or friends chat when they have summoned and/or are dismissing one Razz. Though I have never had trouble some people with different ranks on during their time zone might!
Many many posts about it on RSOF, and JaGeX has been aware of it for quite a while now. There's more or less a plethora of them in the Clan Leader forums, and i'm sure you could find some around the forums.

And yeah, you can think of it as just a hardwired problem that Jagex knows about, but it would require an overhaul of the whole system to fix it so that kicking ranks can be selected rather than having it always be Admin+ regardless of what settings are applied.
Back to top Go down
Go??

PostSubject: Re: Clan avatars and more   Clan avatars and more EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:03 pm

Pholus wrote:

Yeah, most of times fc rank=clan rank but not always.

Phonixz wrote:
Oh and to add: People should be calling if they have avatars out.
The problem is that usually avatar skills are veeery afkable and person with avatar just doesn't read chat all time to respond. I am (and most of wardes) calling out in cc when i summon, hop worlds and dismiss avatar, also try to keep fc updated w/e i can. Pretty easy to do when I'm slaying cuz i read chat all time, but on other skills it sometimes ain't possible.

I think most of you guys noticed that I try to keep avatar in one world, namely w36, which over time made it so most of ppl who actively use avatar just come to that world and check if there is avatar active if noone is responding.

Idk if its a good idea and if ranks will be ok with that idea, but i think that it'd make everyones life easier if we made 'avatar worlds' - 2 or 3 designated worlds (main and backup) in which there would be a priority to use avatars. Main issue is that sn doesnt have home world, cause slayers prefer to use different worlds so that we dont have to share kills, but really nowadays there is alot of ppl who skill other stuff.
I.e. make w2 avatar world and if a rank has avatar and knows there is no avatar in w2 yet, just hop to that world so that clanmates dont have to search and ask for avatar, and if doins an activity that needs you to be in other world just idk have a recommendation of re-announcing world in cc every 20-30 mins?

Ah almost forgot: good idea to announce when avatar is bankstanding as well ;p

tl;dr: have designated worlds for ranks to have avatar on (if not use that world just announce normally)
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: Clan avatars and more   Clan avatars and more EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:14 am

Happy to see that discussion is on the way Wink

Great idea Tomash, was thinking about it for a while; and I believe it wouldn't harm anyone, if Slayer Nest clan would have home-world (ie shown on Clan Vex, etc.), just for the community activities purposes (avatars, etc.).

Hmmm, I see there is a problem with the ranks (especially clan), thanks for all infos, didn't know friends/clan ranks are two completelly different things Surprised

As Tomash said, I understand that it's hard to keep up with the friends-chat all the time, but if player with avatar would call it out every 30 minutes, I'm sure many of players in FC would know whenever (and where) if avatar is active, thus sharing informations with whoever needs it.

Thank you for your time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chajak
Cave Horror
Chajak

PostSubject: Re: Clan avatars and more   Clan avatars and more EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:30 am

T0mash Angel wrote:
Idk if its a good idea and if ranks will be ok with that idea, but i think that it'd make everyones life easier if we made 'avatar worlds' - 2 or 3 designated worlds (main and backup) in which there would be a priority to use avatars. Main issue is that sn doesnt have home world, cause slayers prefer to use different worlds so that we dont have to share kills, but really nowadays there is alot of ppl who skill other stuff.
I.e. make w2 avatar world and if a rank has avatar and knows there is no avatar in w2 yet, just hop to that world so that clanmates dont have to search and ask for avatar, and if doins an activity that needs you to be in other world just idk have a recommendation of re-announcing world in cc every 20-30 mins?

I like this idea, we should make this a reality =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan avatars and more   Clan avatars and more Empty

Back to top Go down

Clan avatars and more
Page 1 of 1