The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer Nest's got talent!

Go down 
+28
Lytt
CookieSlay3r
Venoxulous
Ziksy
Spyrtia
stitie
MikeyzDragon
HlHA
Levy_S
Turkey Soup
Oh So Lonely
Titan
Amy
Phonixz
Mufc42
Barca
Wanahunuluge
Rsbenjr
Talmo
Hopalong
CookingLAD
PrimalMoose
kirfalex
Shmako
AutumnsEdge
Pholus
Doctor Stein
Villiama
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Villiama
Dark Beast

Slayer Nest's got talent! Empty
PostSubject: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Post any special skills or talents that you possess. Pictures/videos are appreciated! Very Happy If you don't have the ability to get pics/vids then simply describe the talent as best you can. Have fun showing off! Razz

Here's a video of my main talent. (awmaigawd villi irl!) Excuse the poor quality of the video.
I have more talents which I might post in the future. Wink

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stein
Seeker
Doctor Stein

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:06 pm

I can play the violin, guitar, piano, drums, and hammer dulcimer. I've played the violin the longest at close to 15 years.
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:59 pm

I play the trumpet, been playing for ~7 yrs now, tho I dont really have time to practice during the school year Sad
Back to top Go down
AutumnsEdge
Infernal Mage

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:16 pm

I would of thought pvming irl would of been your talent.
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Discord and Pholus, do you take lessons regularly in those instruments or is it more of a fun thing to do when you have spare time?
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:53 pm

I played in hs band, then took lessons after i graduated, but now i just play for fun
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:42 am

Here's another one of my talents. Playing the piano. I haven't taken any lessons, I mostly just check out video game piano music vids on youtube and mimic them until I know them by heart. Here's two pieces I've made myself. Smile

Spoiler:

That banging noise you keep hearing the echo pedal. It needs to be oiled or something.
One or two of the piano keys aren't tuned to perfection either, the echo pedal doesn't work on one key.

EDIT: Another vid.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Villiama on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shmako
Mutated Zygomite
Shmako

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:40 pm

Wow guys, nice talents. And Villi, nice rocking chair. Wink

I'm not too sure about my own talents, but I guess firestaffing counts as one. Sorta like Villi's talent, not nearly as fast, but it looks pretty cool when the wicks are lit up Smile. I also know how to play drums, but I haven't really touched them in the last year, and supposedly I'm pretty good at writing short stories/narratives/etc..

I have a whole list of hobbies that I'm wanting to pick up... guitar, piano, fire pois, cooking, tone up and give parkour a try... Real life obligations and video games tend to put off those plans though. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: Just watched those piano vids you posted Villi, and wow. You really haven't taken any lessons? You're great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:52 pm

I didn't even think of writing as a talent Shmako, thanks! Surprised I namely happen to be excellent at writing completely unnecessary stuff in order to simply get more text. In fact I tried the talent out once by extending a few sentences a tiny bit.

Original sentences:
I've looked for an object in some bunkers. I found some tin-cans but I can't find the object. I'll have to talk my way out of it when my employer hears of my failure.

Extended sentences:
Spoiler:

I am also currently working on a book about some heroes fighting a witch who has an army of beetle-people. I'm somewhere around 30-40 pages on it right now. Razz

C'mon, moar talents people! Surely the nest has more to offer! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shmako
Mutated Zygomite
Shmako

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Villiama wrote:
Original sentences:
I've looked for an object in some bunkers. I found some tin-cans but I can't find the object. I'll have to talk my way out of it when my employer hears of my failure.

Extended sentences:
Spoiler:

Holy. Here I was expecting 2-3 paragraphs, and you gave us a full-size novel. You, dear sir, are the king of waffle.
Back to top Go down
kirfalex
Desert Strykewyrm
kirfalex

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Parkour is my life.
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 2:50 pm

For some reason I made that extended bit exactly 666 words. scratch

Describe your talent more vividly Kirfalex! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PrimalMoose
Spiritual Warrior
PrimalMoose

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:05 pm

My main skill (built since joining university) is freestyle whitewater kayaking...

You're probably asking "what on earth is that?!!?!" so brief description - you find a nice wave whilst paddling in your too-small kayak and then do tricks by basically using your core muscles to move the boat around you.

General idea: (skip to 1.00).
Spoiler:

Pictures of me on Hurley wier...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Go??

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:43 pm

Umm.. playing some instruments i guess.
Been playing piano for ~12 years (last 4-5 years don't really had time to practice too much so even if i make vid it might be rusty)
Atm playing bass guitar with orchestra (concerts only), been playing that for about 8 years, also had a band earlier ;p
Playing tenor saxophone with orchestra (non-concert stuff), been playing that bit longer than bass,started on alto sax, then moved to tenor.

I was playing double bass earlier in my life, but i resigned from music school, cause i like programing,math and computer science bit more.
Back to top Go down
CookingLAD
Crawling Hand

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:10 am

I play semi-professional cricket in England, if that's a talent
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:34 am

I can uh... use telekinesis. Does that work?
Back to top Go down
Go??

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:09 am

Hop a wrote:
I can uh... use telekinesis. Does that work?

Yea it does work if it works Wink
Back to top Go down
Talmo
Wall Beast
Talmo

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:43 pm

I play semi professional pool/snooker, and play in 3 different teams. Ill have to get one of my friends to film me doing an 8 ball clear up Smile
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Looking forward to seeing you in action Talmo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rsbenjr
Cave Crawler
Rsbenjr

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:22 pm

i love to play guitar...i wouldnt say im pro, but i do good:) and then i love to sing, im in my school's chamber choir...and i go all around my state and we sing in competitions and festivals:D its pretty fun:)) and another talent of mine is playing video games;P it just comes naturally;P
Back to top Go down
Wanahunuluge
Grifolaroo
Wanahunuluge

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:20 am

Drinking a gallon of milk in 10 seconds

Slayer Nest's got talent! YfSOiqBBzncnfgt5hv45Mvpyo1_500

(Will actually try when i get home)
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:27 am

Another one of my talents is that I have memorized Pi up to the 778th digit. I have entered two Pi reciting competitions so far which were held on Pi day.

The first such competition netted me the grand prize of a Vostro V13 laptop. I won with 725 decimals. The runner-up had written 724 decimals. Here's a picture of me holding it.

Spoiler:

That was 3 years ago so add a pair of glasses and a beard to that pic. For the record the laptop sucks. I still have it but it's just plain terrible. I only use it as a backup laptop now and my sister borrows it from time to time.

In the second competition (2 years ago) I knew 778 digits but as luck would have it I accidentally wrote a 4 instead of a 5 somewhere around spot #339. This made me come in 2nd place and put the first competition's 2nd place person in 1st place. He had written roughly 500 digits. In total I had 777 correct but unfortunately the judges only counted up until your first incorrect digit.

The grand prize for the second competition was either an iphone or an ipod/ipad. I don't remember frankly but I know it started with an i. Ironically enough the 2nd prize, mine, was a laptop computer case. Razz Went well with my earlier prize if I may say so.

EDIT: oh and for the record, there are still talents I possess that I have yet to post. Wink
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:06 am

I have a friend that have memorized up to 100 (or something around there)
I guess he just got 0wned ;p
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:10 am

It's amazing what you can accomplish if you just put your mind to it. At 10pm the night before the first competition, in which I entered 725 decimals, I only knew 600 digits.
Back to top Go down
Wanahunuluge
Grifolaroo
Wanahunuluge

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:57 am

Didnt go too well

Edit: Now unlisted and should work?

Last edited by Wanahunuluge on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer Nest's got talent!   Slayer Nest's got talent! Empty

Back to top Go down

Slayer Nest's got talent!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next