The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up

Go down 
+9
Barca
pepsi
Hopalong
Mr Pham
Mufc42
CookieSlay3r
Mirantibus
Pholus
Romes
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Romes
Killerwatt
Romes

Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up Empty
PostSubject: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 2:59 pm

This will be the official sign-up and discussion for the Skill of the Week Competition. This means that any questions or concerns, as well as requests to participate, can be posted here.

Due to the fact that, as I've been told, some of the prior attempts at this all seemed to die off, this topic will also provide me with an insight into if anyone would be interested in doing this for fun. Prior to leaving, I had conducted this for many weeks and seemed to work out pretty smoothly. We'll see Wink

Both a random non combat skill and slayer will be posted every week. The same skill can not chosen back to back.

How it works:
-Experience rates in the randomly selected skill and Slayer will be recorded every Sunday (Sunday may not be the official day - just using this as an example for now)
-The following Sunday (one weeks time), the experience will be recorded in the same skills.
-The difference will be subtracted inorder to find out the total experience gained during the week.
-The top 3 winners of both skills will be posted, with a new skill and slayer released a couple hours later.

Skills and their number:
Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up 5wcVN

Randomly Generated Number for the Week:
Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up Rzhcv

Skills that are not included in this competition:
Attack
Strength
Defence
Magic
Range
Constitution
Summoning

It will take alot to pull this off, however the end result should be well worth it. Remember that this is still in the beginning stages! For the first couple of weeks, alot will be learned by trial and error untill we have a perfected system going.

For now, post your support and criticism. Anything to further help this event will be well appreciated. I'll be editing this post with further details if needed / when I think of anything extra.

If you're interested in this and would like to support it, please leave a post saying so, or pm me in the game. We'll need at least 10 or so committed users in order to have a decent competition!.

Thanks!
~Romes

Last edited by Romes on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:48 am

I would like to participate, though I don't know how committed I'll be
Back to top Go down
Mirantibus
Cave Crawler
Mirantibus

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:58 pm

Sure, i´m in, although I wont be very good if it´s herblore...
Back to top Go down
CookieSlay3r
Soulgazer
CookieSlay3r

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:57 pm

I would like to join aswell Smile
Back to top Go down
Mufc42
Ice Strykewyrm
Ice Strykewyrm
Mufc42

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:55 am

Ill join this.

We need someone commited to hosting this. This has been attempted a couple of times while you were away.

I only have 5 skills remaining before max! So ill be motivated for those skills especially.

Will you be counting dungeoneering as one of the skills?
Back to top Go down
Mr Pham
Capsarius

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:21 am

geuss ill join if muffie is
Back to top Go down
Romes
Killerwatt
Romes

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Thanks for the support guys Very Happy
Keep in mind that both Slayer and a random skill will be recorded for the week. If you don't like the skill, then do slayer

Mufc42 wrote:
Ill join this.

We need someone commited to hosting this. This has been attempted a couple of times while you were away.

I only have 5 skills remaining before max! So ill be motivated for those skills especially.

Will you be counting dungeoneering as one of the skills?

I agree. I can't totally say that I'll be doing this every week. Having a group of people that are willing to handle it might be a wise idea.

Dungeoneering will be a possible skill yep.

The only excluded ones should be:
Attack
Strength
Defence
Magic
Range
Constitution
Summoning
Back to top Go down
Romes
Killerwatt
Romes

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Week 1 will begin tomorrow.

If your RS names are different than your current forum names, please let me know so I don't run into issues tomorrow tongue

Current Contestants for Week 1:
Pholus
Mirantibus
Bens Cookie
Mufc42
asianfarmer3
Romes

Any further additions must be posted here before the competition starts tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:15 pm

I shall join in Smile
Back to top Go down
pepsi
Kurask
pepsi

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:14 pm

consider me signed up for next week. Very Happy will help me get up to 99 slay!
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:18 am

3 things:

1. I won't be participating in next weeks competition (April 14 - 21) as I have 3 exams that week and will be focused on those

2. If summoning isn't allowed then maybe prayer shouldn't be either (they both affect your combat lvl and thus could be considered combat stats)

3. How will you know wether (spelling?) someone has actually trained the skill or just bought a tons of spins and used the lamps to gain xp in the skill for that week?
Back to top Go down
CookieSlay3r
Soulgazer
CookieSlay3r

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:21 am

^ @ pholus cept the last one, xp gained is xp gained Smile
Back to top Go down
Mufc42
Ice Strykewyrm
Ice Strykewyrm
Mufc42

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:31 am

Most slayer nest members are legitimate players and would not buy spins* to train a skill; especially to try and win a competition like this, as it would cost big bucks, considering i got like 10m exp in 8 days ;-).

Prayer probably isn't inluded, just forgot to put it on the post.**

Good luck with your exams! Im sure you will breeze them!

*admittedly i did buy spins, but that was on first day and i did it to try and see if i could get a rare (gold) thing

**didn't see on OP that prayer is actually the #1 skill

Last edited by Mufc42 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:41 am

I can join next week
Back to top Go down
Romes
Killerwatt
Romes

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 12:11 pm

Thanks for the sign up's guys, I'll make an official list for week 2 tomorrow (Friday).

With regards to Pholus, as Muffie had said it's rather an unspoken rule that anyone in these competitions should not be using large amounts of outside sources to gain experience. This includes wheel spins and hoarded effigys as well. It's fine to use them if you randomly receive them, however people shouldn't be going out and buying wheel spins just for the pure pleasure of winning. I would like to be clear, now that we're on the subject, if anyone does obviously use large amounts of wheel spins for a skill, they will likely be disqualified for that week. I doubt that this will be an issue, however I just want to make sure that everyone is aware of this. This is supposed to be a fun competition that encourages everyone to gain levels in skills that you might not usually do.

Prayer is a debatable one honestly. Summoning was not included due to the fact that the main source of experience in that skill is from charms. Charms are not buyable and it takes awhile to get them. Also, very few would have huge amounts of charms that would take them all week to use. With prayer, the experience is buyable. Even if you don't want to pay for it, you could bury bones that you find while slaying. It is combat classified however it is different from the other combat skills. It's up to you guys though. If you think that it should be removed, then it easily can be Very Happy

/Oh, and thank you for letting me know about the absence Pholus. Best of luck on your exams! cheers
Back to top Go down
Mr Pham
Capsarius

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 12:44 pm

what if im just a beast but i get accused of buying stuff Sad
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 12:50 pm

ppl will spam you but youll knkow in ur heart you earned it fair and square
Back to top Go down
Romes
Killerwatt
Romes

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:38 pm

asianfarmer3 wrote:
what if im just a beast but i get accused of buying stuff Sad

You'll be fine Wink

200m slayer experience. Gogo.
Back to top Go down
CookieSlay3r
Soulgazer
CookieSlay3r

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:23 pm

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE! for next week's competition Smile
Back to top Go down
Romes
Killerwatt
Romes

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:49 am

Current Contestants for Week 2:
Pholus
Mirantibus
Bens Cookie
Muffie
asianfarmer3
Romes
Hopology
Pepsi
Barca
TemptingFate

You have 1 more day to sign up for week 2 guys Smile

Last edited by Romes on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tempt
Gelatinnous Abomination
Tempt

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:03 am

I'm in! Very Happy

User: TemptingFate
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer
Pholus

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:06 am

I saw you acknowledge I won't be in the week 2 competition, yet my name is in the list of contestants?
Also, I believe Bens Cookie didn't want to be in week 2 (though I may be misinterpreting his post).

Back to top Go down
Romes
Killerwatt
Romes

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:16 am

Pholus wrote:
I saw you acknowledge I won't be in the week 2 competition, yet my name is in the list of contestants?
Also, I believe Bens Cookie didn't want to be in week 2 (though I may be misinterpreting his post).

Wasn't entirely sure of Ben's post either lol.
I can entirely remove you from the list if you would like, however since you gave me a heads up about it I figured that it would be fine to keep you on the list so you don't have to resign up for week 3 (if you wanted to anyways). I wouldn't be recording your experience for week 2, however by keeping you on the list it would remind me to put you on for week 3.

If you would like to be removed completely for week 2, just let me know. For a future week, you'll have to request (here) to re-sign back up.
Back to top Go down
CookieSlay3r
Soulgazer
CookieSlay3r

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:47 am

none of you have seen and/or read the hunger games!!???!!!???!!~~~ i am thoroughly disappointed in you guys the book and the movie are both amazing you should see/read them Smile then you will understand my post.
P.S. yes it did mean i wanted to be in the competition albino
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:55 am

Bens Cookie wrote:
none of you have seen and/or read the hunger games!!???!!!???!!~~~ i am thoroughly disappointed in you guys the book and the movie are both amazing you should see/read them Smile then you will understand my post.
P.S. yes it did mean i wanted to be in the competition albino

I have read the 1st book/seen the movie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up   Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up Empty

Back to top Go down

Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next