The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Refer a friend programme

Go down 
+3
Mufc42
Barca
Roving bob
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Roving bob
Molanisk
Roving bob

Refer a friend programme Empty
PostSubject: Refer a friend programme   Refer a friend programme EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:39 am

So Jagex has released a refer a friend programme and I was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on it.

The post by Lagin Dragin basically sums up my opinion. No
Refer a friend programme Lolyi
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Refer a friend programme   Refer a friend programme EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 3:00 am

Same
Back to top Go down
Mufc42
Ice Strykewyrm
Ice Strykewyrm
Mufc42

PostSubject: Re: Refer a friend programme   Refer a friend programme EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:11 am

Back to top Go down
Merondon
Warped Tortoise
Merondon

PostSubject: Re: Refer a friend programme   Refer a friend programme EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:59 am

I'm really not bothered about it, if you do the math the advantage to a player "abusing" this is very small.

The current leader on RuneTracker for this week have gained 53m exp, if he were to abuse the system by making 5 of his own nub accounts member each year (can only get the 10% extra exp 5 weeks / year) he would gain 26.5m more exp than he would if he didn't do this.

That's 26.5m exp / YEAR, that's nothing tbh and that isn't even for the average player it's for the person gaining the most exp this last week, for most it will be even lower.
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: Refer a friend programme   Refer a friend programme EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:07 pm

As known, along with current leader of RuneScape and Andrew there are two RuneScape owners.
They invested a lot in RuneScape, but this game has been in closing down proces since free trade/Wildreness update.
They just want to get as much money from it as they can.

So they represent: RTWing. Buy your XPs now. Because they can't sell gold (a lot of other sites already do that), they sell you something others can't.

All what I'm gona say is:
All real players just got Jagex'd.

Back to top Go down
G
Spiritual Warrior
G

PostSubject: Re: Refer a friend programme   Refer a friend programme EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:44 am

pretty much is rwt... nice one jagex
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: Refer a friend programme   Refer a friend programme EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:04 am

I really dont see the problem with this, Jagex is a company they need to make money and this will be done by Runescape being talked about between friends and people getting recommened to join. In my opinion most people probally wont even get it anyway as they wont want to refer a friend lol, I know for sure I wont be asking a friend to join Runescape lol. Everyone just has a problem with no matter what jagex does to be honest, they are not just caring about money either as they work hard to make sure every update is good and most the time they are good. People complain about the smallest things to be honest. did anyone consider how annoying it must be that everything you create gets ranted about when there is no fault with it? or when you need to make more money so things can be made better and more staff could be hired which in return makes things better again?

Quote :
pretty much is rwt... nice one jagex

I dont really think RWT counts when its the company doing it to be honest

Quote :
So they represent: RTWing. Buy your XPs now

They are not representing RWT, they are simply trying to expand the number of members they have, people will be more inclined to tell a friend about the game if they are going to get exp out of it.
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon
Ziksy

PostSubject: Re: Refer a friend programme   Refer a friend programme EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 7:01 am

Quote :
Quote :
So they represent: RTWing. Buy your XPs now

They are not representing RWT, they are simply trying to expand the number of members they have, people will be more inclined to tell a friend about the game if they are going to get exp out of it.

Still, they show they don't understand the community. Bunch of stupid updates.
Katana gift and Refer a Friend are both RWT - with real money you can get adventage over those who don't/can't spend real money on game.
Unfair. It's a game and it shouldn have NO connection with real-life or your real-life status, in any way.

Bonus XP Weekend (BXPW), great stuff - more fair it would be that you can use that boosted XPs anytime you want (same as with Refer a Friend program); those who can't play at that exact date, could use their earned Bonus XPs anytime they can.
No connection to real-life and no unfair adventage.

I could go to a site and get 100M gp for only 60$ - I have the money, it's legal. I give money for goods.
But it is unfair adventage to others who can't do that. So it is against the rules. Unfair adventage.

Same with Refer a Friend, with your ability of convincing others to play this game, or to have enough money to upgrade 5 more accounts to members. You have money, you can do it, you can pay it.
Still unfair adventage to others who can't do it. Real-life connection.

Noone wants to be laughed at: "Hahaha, you can't pay for your boosted XPs!"
Noone.
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: Refer a friend programme   Refer a friend programme EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:14 pm

I agree with the fact that 10% maybe a little bit to much of a bonus but in all honesty the katana was not an advantage as it sucked and was just for looks also I dont think the people will laugh at someone unable to get the bonus but thats just my opinion and my last post was not just refering to the refer a friend update Smile
Back to top Go down
Roving bob
Molanisk
Roving bob

PostSubject: Re: Refer a friend programme   Refer a friend programme EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:52 pm

It should be loyalty points because you are showing your loyalty to Jagex by telling people about the game.
The main reason people are angry is because it is breaking Jagexs' own rules by giving an unfair advantage to other players and is essentially RWT which is against their rules also.
This update also came out just after the jiblix video which is just pushing people over the edge, no ones worrying about telling Jagex to **** off because they don't believe Jagex cares anymore Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Merondon
Warped Tortoise
Merondon

PostSubject: Re: Refer a friend programme   Refer a friend programme EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Roving bob wrote:
It should be loyalty points because you are showing your loyalty to Jagex by telling people about the game.
The main reason people are angry is because it is breaking Jagexs' own rules by giving an unfair advantage to other players and is essentially RWT which is against their rules also.
This update also came out just after the jiblix video which is just pushing people over the edge, no ones worrying about telling Jagex to **** off because they don't believe Jagex cares anymore Crying or Very sad

Omg Jagex (sry Jamflex/Jiblix/Fagex/other nonsense name) have been doing that for YEARS!!! I mean you can buy a huuuge advantage by paying for this thing they call "members". You can level a ton faster and you get access to all these quests and stuff. It's really not fair to the players who can't afford to pay for members, why should they get lower exp rates and less content.

On a more serious note though I know there is a difference between Refer-a-Friend and paying for members but explain to me how you (a general you not just you Roving) can be so upset with Jagex giving out useless items (Katana/flagstaff/hat from this years rf) or small xp boosts (yes the RAF gives a small boost) but paying for stuff that actually gives a huge advantage (members) is taken for granted? Where are the riots about Jagex selling membership because this is by far the largest form of "RWT" that they are doing?

If Jagex sold useful items (Bandos/Arma/Nex armour) or gold through micro transactions I would agree that it was bad. They are not though, they are simply trying to attract more customers and the only thing anyone have to pay is the membership fee which most of us already pay. I know people will abuse this but as I said before 10% extra for 35 days / year is not needed to stay competitive even at the top of the hiscore list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Refer a friend programme   Refer a friend programme EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 7:01 pm

I do think letting effigies get boosted by 10% kind of sucks, but for the most part I don't think it'll give enough xp to make it too much of an advantage. This upsets me way less then effigies did.
Back to top Go down
Roving bob
Molanisk
Roving bob

PostSubject: Re: Refer a friend programme   Refer a friend programme EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:58 pm

It's also allowing people to save money on prayer and herby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Refer a friend programme   Refer a friend programme Empty

Back to top Go down

Refer a friend programme
Page 1 of 1