The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should PVP be removed?

Go down 
4 posters

Should PvP be removed from the game all together?
Yes
Should PVP be removed? I_vote_lcap64%Should PVP be removed? I_vote_rcap
 64% [ 14 ]
No
Should PVP be removed? I_vote_lcap36%Should PVP be removed? I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage

Should PVP be removed? Empty
PostSubject: Should PVP be removed?   Should PVP be removed? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 5:54 am

The bane of Runescape is PvP. I was thinking if they removed it from the game all together, wouldn't it solve 90% of their problems? Pking will never be the same as it was in the old wild and all i see at the moment is band aid solutions. Sure people will quit and complain but everyone knows Pkers are in the minority. I know me, myself would not mind if they did remove it. It would be a lot easier I think and better for the good of the game. Remember this is just a poll so don't get all upset if you enjoy pking. I just wanted to see how many thought the same/different. Thanks guys Smile
Back to top Go down
gixer66
Rockslug
gixer66

PostSubject: Re: Should PVP be removed?   Should PVP be removed? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:25 am

Personally I don't PvP, although I probably will once my Tank is finished Smile

Unfortunately I don't think it's a simple have PvP or not answer.

How many players have 2 or more accounts that they pay membership for, that are Pures designed for PvP? By removing PvP Jagex would loose considerable revenue, not just from the I'm quitting brigade but because the second accounts would no longer have a function, therefore no point in paying membership.

In a simple yes or no question - get rid of PvP - but i really cant see it happening due to the real world economics.

Gixer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should PVP be removed?   Should PVP be removed? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:31 am

There is also the issue of the money they spend to pay people to find ways to solve the pvp problem too. I think those who do quit will usually return within a few months. Not all of them but the lure of the call of Rs is to strong for many Razz
Back to top Go down
Benjamyn099
Brine Rat
Benjamyn099

PostSubject: Re: Should PVP be removed?   Should PVP be removed? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:45 am

I voted no.

PvP affects ALOT of skills, if you think about it.

99 Cooking would take FOREVER if you cannot sell your food, only reason it buys is basically cause of PvP

Herblore. Almost 95% of people in pvp uses Pots, if it wasn't for pvp, Herblore might never have been introduced to rs.

Fishing. How long do you think it'd take to sell all your raws if PvP was no more?

Slayer would be affected if you think about it, those Whips and D boots are lost in pvp all the time, and they need more back, so they buy some off of people who get whips and d boots from their slayer assignment

The point is, if PvP was removed, its like removeing all of rs. If you don't Pk, you may think that the removal of PvP is nothing, but it will surely affect EVERYTHING for the worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should PVP be removed?   Should PVP be removed? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:45 am

Good point
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

PostSubject: Re: Should PVP be removed?   Should PVP be removed? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 5:09 am

i voted no as i like pvp Very Happy and it just adds more risk to the game
Back to top Go down
Redgar67
Gelatinnous Abomination
Redgar67

PostSubject: Re: Should PVP be removed?   Should PVP be removed? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:26 pm

Yeah they do need to remove PvP. I am currently playing WoW and there PvP doesn't have other players drops whenever you get a kill you get like 80 honor poitns and turn em in for armor but tis in the high 20k honor points though =[

The PvPers now a days suck ass by just rushing u with them damn d claws and blitzing you. I used to Pk but that was in classic and the old wildy.

Arrow No longer plays runescape Arrow -ReD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should PVP be removed?   Should PVP be removed? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:18 pm

I voted remove it. I know this is months late but Benjamyn099 PVP was removed for months and none of your scenarios played out. Economy was nice and stable and things sold and bought at reasonable amounts with no problem what so ever. PVP was reintroduced and things have been unpredictiable every since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should PVP be removed?   Should PVP be removed? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should PVP be removed?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Slayer Nest :: Runescape Discussion :: General-
Jump to: