The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Barrows armor worth it?

Go down 
+3
Maroon slays
weets
x REMiiND
7 posters
AuthorMessage
x REMiiND
Cave Bug
x REMiiND

Barrows armor worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Barrows armor worth it?   Barrows armor worth it? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:01 am

Is Barrows armor worth it for slayer? It does degrade and costs some money to repair. What about Dragon and rune armor? It good for slayer? which is the best out of all of em?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barrows armor worth it?   Barrows armor worth it? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:15 pm

i personally use dragon chain w/legs or verac's body w/skirt Smile barrows is definitely worth it and it takes alot of time inbetween repairs anyways you probably make more from one task for the repair anyways
Back to top Go down
weets
Spiritual Warrior
weets

PostSubject: Re: Barrows armor worth it?   Barrows armor worth it? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:17 am

barrows is ftw best defence in the game other than vestas and all that and people big up the repair costs so badly lol... it costs about 5k per task if you wear body and platelegs
Back to top Go down
Maroon slays
Gargoyle
Maroon slays

PostSubject: Re: Barrows armor worth it?   Barrows armor worth it? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 7:28 am

Torag is what I used for 65-95 or so slayer. It works very well and the repair isn't much in the long run. After 95 prayer, I suggest switching to veracs for the pray bonus if you decide to turmoil tasks pirat
Back to top Go down
Zips
Crawling Hand
Zips

PostSubject: Re: Barrows armor worth it?   Barrows armor worth it? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:28 am

Although you have to pay for barrows it can be very usefull, guthans for example can completly negate the need for food and dharoks can make certain tasks a lot faster ^^

Another thing, if you have level 55 con you can build an armour stand in your PoH which can reduce the repair cost significantly (at 99 smithing price is half of what it would cost to repair at a shop =D).
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Barrows armor worth it?   Barrows armor worth it? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:29 am

yes barrows have great def bonus and are cheap so they are totaly worth it.
Back to top Go down
7z10
Molanisk
7z10

PostSubject: Re: Barrows armor worth it?   Barrows armor worth it? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 1:50 am

I believe barrows(especially torags:)) is worth its repair cost, even more so if you have the armour repirer in you POH. if you dont have the con lvl for just go break into weets house to fix it Smile
Back to top Go down
Proletariat
Banshee
Proletariat

PostSubject: Re: Barrows armor worth it?   Barrows armor worth it? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:06 pm

Barrows armor is great, it's cheaper and has a better defense bonus then dragon, though you need to repair it every once in a while.
Back to top Go down
7z10
Molanisk
7z10

PostSubject: Re: Barrows armor worth it?   Barrows armor worth it? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 4:18 pm

once again this is a very interesting debate, I think its well worth the price of repair. I suppose you could do with dragon or bandos. those are nice too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barrows armor worth it?   Barrows armor worth it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Barrows armor worth it?
Page 1 of 1