The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My guide to Nomad's Requiem :]

Go down 
+2
ddiggler
Evelyn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Evelyn
Phoenix
Evelyn

My guide to Nomad's Requiem :] Empty
PostSubject: My guide to Nomad's Requiem :]   My guide to Nomad's Requiem :] EmptyFri May 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Well, only a brief guide. Cause i'm only going to be helping you with the fights with the Decaying Avatar and Nomad ^^;

For those of you who have no idea what Nomad's Requiem is, it's a quest that lands you with a reward of 70 Zeal and a Soul Wars Cape which is especially good, because it gives a hefty +12 prayer bonus.

These are the levels that I had while doing the quest:

Attack : 81
Strength : 80
Defence : 91
Ranged : 85
Prayer : 71
Magic : 75
Hitpoints/Constitution : 87 or 88
Summoning : 70

For the Decaying Avatar, it is not especially challenging, but just long instead. You simply either need to: a) safespot it or b) pray protect from melee. Ruby (e) bolts is a must for this fight, as the special can hit up to 2,000.

However, the Avatar can heal itself with roots that grow three times in the corners of the room it is in. When it eats a root, it will heal to full health. However, if you destroy the root before the Avatar reaches it, it will not be able to heal and you will end the fight faster.

The Avatar healed itself three times when I fought it, and trust me, you don't want to let that happen D:

Now for Nomad.

In the following list, it shows my recommended items and also my worn items shown in bold. Ranger's Setup.

Head : Archer Helm > Neit Helm > Black Cavalier
Torso : Karil's Top > Black D'Hide Body
Legs : Karil's Skirt > Black D'Hide Chaps
Boots : Ranger Boots > Snakeskin Boots > Dragon Boots
Gloves : Barrows Gloves > Black Vambs
Amulet : Amulet of Fury > Amulet of Glory > Amulet of Power
Ring : Archer Ring > Explorer's Ring ( Ring of Life does not work during the fight with Nomad! )
Cape : Ava's Accumulator > Skillcape (t) > Skillcape > Ardougne Cape 3
Weapon : Rune C'bow > Karl's X-Bow
Shield : Divine Spirit Shield > Elysian Spirit Shield > Spectral Spirit Shield > Blessed Spirit Shield > Spirit Shield > Dragonfire Shield
Ammo : Ruby (e) Bolts > Diamond (e) Bolts > Rune Bolts > Broad Tipped Bolts

If you're still unsure about my advice about the Ring of Life, I tried it - it does not work! Besides, you spawn basically next to your items in Soul Wars anyway, so it only takes like 5 seconds to get back to your grave. :] I also do not recommend using barrows armour, because if you do not keep it upon death, then it will drop to the ground and degrade to 0, meaning that you will need to repair it. Also, the Accumulator disappears on death, so be prepared to make multiple trips to Ava if you die a lot. Or just use a cape.

This was what I put in my inventory:

My guide to Nomad's Requiem :] Nomadinv573

Items explained:

- 50 Ambush Scrolls
- Spirit Kyatt Pouch
- 2 Ranging Potions (4)
- 6 Super Restore Potions (4)
- 18 Saradomin Brews (4)

Remember, keep the ratio of super restore potions to saradomin brews at 1:3!

I also had a War Tortoise, which I tried to make the most of the 1:3 system, but ended up with 5 Super Restores and 13 Saradomin Brews. You can also use other Beasts of Burden such as Spirit Terrorbird or Yak.

DURING THE FIGHT. PRAY PROTECT FROM MAGIC. AND EAGLE EYE. (if ranging)

Nomad has many attack types:

- Normal melee attack
- Normal mage attack
- Mirror Image: he says "Let's see how well your senses serve you"
- Flame Vortext: he lays mines around the fight, and you wil take damage if you step on them.
- Soul Blast: he hits you for 750 damage after saying "You cannot hide from my wrath!"
- Disintegrate: after freezing you and saying "Let's see how much punishment you can take", he hits you for your max total lifepoints -1, eg. 799 for someone with 800 lp.

Make sure that your lifepoints are always above 750, and when he prepares his "Disintegrate" attack, make sure that you brew up as much as possible.

Remember to stay calm during the fight and remember 3 doses of saradomin brew to 1 dose of super restore followed by a dose of ranging potion. Also, drop empty vials as fast as you can, and set the left click option of the summoning button to "Take BoB" so you can get supplies from your BoB quickly.

Once your familiar has run out of supplies, dismiss it and summon the Spirit Kyatt. Keep using ambush scrolls (right click summoning button -> ambush) to attack Nomad as there is up to 300 bonus lp damage per scroll from the Spirit Kyatt.

Once Nomad reaches 25% health, he will heal back to 50%. After you get him back to 25% again, he will go berserk and hit at a much faster rate - pray protect from melee to prevent a lot of damage.

If done well, you should easily defeat Nomad! :]

FAQ:

Q: Are you sure the Ring of Life doesn't work in the fight with Nomad?
A: Yes, I wore it during my first try and it did not work.

Q: How many times did you die?
A: Three times, mainly due to lag. (Yes I know, pathetic excuse Razz)

Q: What is the Spirit Kyatt used for?
A: The Spirit Kyatt has the scroll "Ambush", which can deal up to 300 lp damage, making the fight easier for you.

Q: I've heard from many people that praying before Nomad goes berserk does not make much difference. Is that true?
A: Seeing as you're constantly drinking super restore potions to negate the effects of saradomin brews, you have a lot of prayer points to toy around with. I found that Nomad's magic attacks "splashed" on me more when I was using Protect from Magic.

Hope this guide helps you, and good luck! :]

x
Back to top Go down
ddiggler
Warped Terrorbird
ddiggler

PostSubject: Re: My guide to Nomad's Requiem :]   My guide to Nomad's Requiem :] EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:42 am

Vn guide! I'm sure it will help alot of ppl. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My guide to Nomad's Requiem :]   My guide to Nomad's Requiem :] EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:15 am

Guess i'll be using this when i'm going to kill nomad Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evelyn
Phoenix
Evelyn

PostSubject: Re: My guide to Nomad's Requiem :]   My guide to Nomad's Requiem :] EmptyTue May 18, 2010 1:38 pm

Yay cream ^^;

x
Back to top Go down
Merondon
Warped Tortoise
Merondon

PostSubject: Re: My guide to Nomad's Requiem :]   My guide to Nomad's Requiem :] EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Great guide, I used a similar approach when I killed Nomad.

A tactic I used during the enrage phase was that I went into a safespoted behind a pillar, fired 2 shots with xbow (at rapid) and then ran out and let him hit me once so he wouldn't heal himself (and repeat). This tactic might be a bit risky since if you don't run out in time he will get back to full lp but if done correctly it makes the fight a walk in the park from the time he enrages.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn
Phoenix
Evelyn

PostSubject: Re: My guide to Nomad's Requiem :]   My guide to Nomad's Requiem :] EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:48 am

EDIT: Apparently Jagex have nerfed (reduced) the amount of damage done by the Spirit Kyatt's Ambush scroll, so it will be less effective :/ if someone tries it, please confirm here! (:

x
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

PostSubject: Re: My guide to Nomad's Requiem :]   My guide to Nomad's Requiem :] EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:10 pm

According to the Runescape Wikia, the max hit ever recorded with ambush is 321 Click here for the article on it. So it seems that the Wikia has not caught on to this, if it has happened.
Back to top Go down
Titan
Killerwatt
Titan

PostSubject: Re: My guide to Nomad's Requiem :]   My guide to Nomad's Requiem :] EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:02 am

Good guide, I liked some of the strategy, I read this before I completed Nomad's. I made my own method up though, which thrashed nomad HARD! I had 10 brews left, not dodging and attacks.

May I add, I found the slash attaks on BGS extremely effective on Nomad, but whips slash not very good- I could do more damage with d scim and defendef than with a whip.

I don't want this to seem as advertising my thread, but I have my whole time before during and after Nomad writen on page 3 of my thread "Titan's goals for 2010".

Good guide overall
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TehRunePro
burn samora
Harpie Bug Swarm
burn samora

PostSubject: Re: My guide to Nomad's Requiem :]   My guide to Nomad's Requiem :] EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:01 am

great guide hawke Very Happy
but dont forget you can hide away from nomad's 750 hit atack if your standing behind a pillar but i gonna do this quest with those info i hope i will own nomad with this cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtQ5KhfdVJQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My guide to Nomad's Requiem :]   My guide to Nomad's Requiem :] Empty

Back to top Go down

My guide to Nomad's Requiem :]
Page 1 of 1