The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers

Go down 
+5
Mufc42
Alex HC
Roving bob
weets
peashout
9 posters
AuthorMessage
peashout
Night Spider
peashout

Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers Empty
PostSubject: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 12:17 pm

As some of you may know, I've been periodically camping wyvs for their bones (secondary for super ppots) and the excellent crim drops.

I call this an advanced guide because the methods I use require some very high lvls, in both summoning and prayer. As well as having gear that may be out of the price range of your average player.
While not every player has the abilities need to follow this method, I'd love to hear your methods of taking care of this pesky task. So feel free to post Your techniques!

I'll start with my gear/inventory.

Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers Wyvs_b10

First off, I have found that Bandos gear makes for faster kills at wyvs, and I have not noticed a great defensive improvement with karils. DFS is by far the best shield to use. The rest are the best possible combination of items for them. Two exceptions are Slay Helm, obviously if they are your task, and zerker ring (lost mine at dks long ago, never bought another) I plan to replace my cape with the new SW Cape, once I beat the nomad anyways.

For my inv I use ex pots (not necessary, but helpful) ppots for obvious reasons, a crim placer, holy wrench for extended prayer, and dramen staff to use the Fairy Rings to go to mudskipper point. I have 2 extra yaks and a summ pot, but they can be replaced with unis, though you will not be able to bank the bones as easily.

On my yak I have 6 extra ppots and the rest sharks for a nice long camp.

Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers Wyvs1_10

Now for the method.

I have tested the different protect/deflect prayers with both karils and bandos. My opinion is that no matter what I pray, the damage I take does not change drastically.

My prayer of choice is Soul Split an excellent prayer whcih heals you as you damage the creatures. This combined with ex pots and the Berserker prayer (also a great one) adds up to a lot of damage for the wyvs, and loads of health for you. Please note, I only use Soul Split when under 70 HP, and only eat a shark if Hp drops below 55-60.

Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers Wyv_bm10

With this method, and a yak to bank bones, it is possible to camp wyvs for a very long time. This will net you many crims and lots of wyv bones. Hopefully, if you're lucky, maybe some granite legs or even a visage.

I hope this guide may have helped you in your wyv slaying. I apologize for the advanced requirements used in this guide. I encourage you to post your personal methods for killing Skelletal Wyvrens.

Last edited by Peashout on Sun May 09, 2010 7:02 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
peashout
Night Spider
peashout

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 12:22 pm

Just realized Bullet has made a wyv guide already. I don't mean to steal your thunder or anything!

I've been camping them though, and I seem to have found an extremely effective way to kill these beasties.
Back to top Go down
weets
Spiritual Warrior
weets

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 2:32 am

that is a cool guide pea! i didnt think of soulsplit... maybe once i have 96 summ ill try this
Back to top Go down
peashout
Night Spider
peashout

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:21 pm

I don't mean to toot my own horn, hell I don't like bragging about this drop or that drop at all really. But this is just to show that as much of a pain wyvs are, they are well worth killing. Besides the fact that wyv bones are now worth more than dbones, they also drop visages. check er out

Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers Untitl10
Back to top Go down
Roving bob
Molanisk
Roving bob

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:50 am

Wow Gratz peash! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
peashout
Night Spider
peashout

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:04 am

Updated the pics in the first post for the best possible gear, good luck on your wyv hunting!
Back to top Go down
weets
Spiritual Warrior
weets

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:21 am

did you remember you can cannon these things when you made this pea?
Back to top Go down
peashout
Night Spider
peashout

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:15 pm

lol ya thats true too, but I've never owned a cannon myself though

feel free to post your methods if you'd like, be cool to see em
Back to top Go down
Alex HC
Cave Bug
Alex HC

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:15 am

Nice guide, I might try this when i get a yak.
Back to top Go down
Mufc42
Ice Strykewyrm
Ice Strykewyrm
Mufc42

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Armour

Slayer Helm
Skill Cape (t)
Amulet of Fury
Abyssal Whip
Bandos Chestplate
Dragonfire Shield
Bandos Tassets
Barrows Gloves
Dragon boots
Ring of Life

Inventory

Super Strength (4) x2
Super Attack (4) x2
Unicorn Pouch x2
Healing Aura Scrolls x150 (I ALWAYS take 150 lol)
10-14 Rocktails

I Lasted 80 kills on this, and had some rocktails left

I <3 Wyverns
Back to top Go down
burn samora
Harpie Bug Swarm
burn samora

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:50 am

nice guide pea Very Happy

i always kill wyverns with bandos but i can't use soulsplit im only atm 71 prayer Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtQ5KhfdVJQ
peashout
Night Spider
peashout

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:44 pm

I probably should add enhanced ee and get rid of that old crusty dramen staff, I mean who uses those anymore...

ah well, too lazy
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:57 pm

lazy nub
Back to top Go down
burn samora
Harpie Bug Swarm
burn samora

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 4:38 am

rofl barca cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtQ5KhfdVJQ
D1V1NE
Banshee
D1V1NE

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:36 pm

I usually use full veracs with skill cape, fury, d boots, barrows, and glory. I dont use pray pots when killing skeletal wyverns so it cuts cost cheers
I bring pack yak to bank bones b/c i got 99 prayer cheers
I make 6k each and prices continue to get higher!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
CookieSlay3r
Soulgazer
CookieSlay3r

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:16 am

awesome guide pea =P cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers   Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers Empty

Back to top Go down

Skelletal Wyvrens for Advanced Slayers
Page 1 of 1