The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fake Pepsi

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Venoxulous
Skeletal Wyvern
Venoxulous

Fake Pepsi Empty
PostSubject: Fake Pepsi   Fake Pepsi EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 2:36 am

Hi,

So there's a Pepsi impersonator hanging around the SN CC. Currently the real and fake Pepsi's names are "P3PSICKLE" and "P3PSlCKLE" respectively, please notice the "i" in the fake's name is actually a lower case "L".

I received a pm today asking for money prior to knowing about this, without second thought, of course I'd lend to one of our leaders. He requested the money on an alt called "Sleezy", I now presume this is so I did not see his avatar and realize it was actually not Pepsi.

Now I loaned a sum of 65m, I consider myself fortunate my bank at the time was not more liquid as I'd have gone so much higher. Whilst for me this is <1% of my wealth, I understand for some it may be a lot more, so I encourage the rest of you to be safer than I was.

I've proceeded to send the information and screenshots of the transaction to a contact who has assured me that this will be dealt with appropriately after a reasonable timeframe has passed, to allow the impostor time to repay. (Which let's face it...) They consider it unlikely a dynamic IP was used so one-sided transactions between their other accounts will also be examined. So with any luck this wont be an issue for much longer.

In the meantime, I would suggest people who do not have the real Pepsi added, do so. This way if in future you receive a pm and it requires you to add him to reply, you will know it is a fake.
Back to top Go down
Olmara
Molanisk
Olmara

Fake Pepsi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Pepsi   Fake Pepsi EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 3:26 pm

Unfortunately, this issue has happened a few times with other ranks being impersonated. (Some of the offending names are on the clan ban list)

Other than saying 'don't lend money' full stop, I think the general rule people can go by is that ranks will not (well, should not, imo) ask for loans or money. And if they do, don't be afraid to bring it up in the clan chat for clarification.

Regardless, sucks that it happened to you Sad and thanks for bringing it to people's attention as it's always good to be aware of these things going on.
Back to top Go down
Venoxulous
Skeletal Wyvern
Venoxulous

Fake Pepsi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Pepsi   Fake Pepsi EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 8:17 am

Thanks for your comments, seems I'm just a little loose with cash. Between people like you, Shmako, Marko, Mikey, Legend etcetc I just don't hesitate since I know you're all trustworthy. Little more care in future! Smile

I'd hate to think of it being someone within the clan creating these accounts Sad Sincerely hope not.
Back to top Go down
Conc Blast
Bloodveld

Fake Pepsi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Pepsi   Fake Pepsi EmptyFri Jul 07, 2017 10:01 pm

This is unfortunately too common of a scam. Conc BIast, and VilIiama are banned from the CC for this same reason, and I'm adding this guy to the list as well (should have been done a week ago). I'm sorry this happened, but I'm glad it didn't have too big of an impact on you.

Just to reiterate, never give out money to anyone from the clan asking, especially if the reason is "they're a rank". Of course exceptions apply, but make sure they're close friends, or verify you're actually talking to the real clan member beforehand if you're feeling so generous. A good defense against this scam is to have the ranks and active members already added, so when the impostor pm's you, having to add them to reply is a red flag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fake Pepsi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Pepsi   Fake Pepsi Empty

Back to top Go down

Fake Pepsi
Page 1 of 1