The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nazi reign?

Go down 
+2
Merondon
Amy
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Nazi reign? Empty
PostSubject: Nazi reign?   Nazi reign? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:24 am

Anyone care to explain why i was just kicked for laughing at someone who got kicked?
I broke no rules at all, people just always seem to want to be against me.
It's really sad you guys rule this friends chat with such a nazi reign like people play games to be ruled and controlled. What you need to understand is that mature people don't need rules. The excessive rules cause immaturity and defiance. Trying to censor the internet is mind numbingly dumb. I really q uestion whether you want mature players in the chat, or little kids that feel safe and full of power.

Have some respect for an oldschooler and stop hating on me, it's annoying.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Abyssal Demon
Amy

Nazi reign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nazi reign?   Nazi reign? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:54 am

As you can clearly see here, there are not many rules to our friends chat and those that are in place are there to allow for a smooth and effective running of the chat itself.

By saying the chat is a "nazi Regime" you are insulting those that try very hard to try to keep the chat running

I understand your frustration, but we clearly ask you not to comment on kicking players as it makes it harder to kick the correct player and it disrupts the chat,

And regarding the "mature players dont need rules" section of your post.. Rules help to run the chat smoothly, creating an extremely friendly and helpful friends chat with very few arguments. The chat is also aimed at all age groups within the runescape community, and due to this, there has to be a regulations regarding cursing and some conversation topics (e.g drugs)

I dont blame you for being angry, but all we ask is that you follow the few rules we have, and please, do not feel like you are targetted, both ranked and non ranked members try hard to create a friendly environment for everyone

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me or any other rank on the forums or in game, we are more than happy to help!

Amy[
Back to top Go down
Merondon
Warped Tortoise
Merondon

Nazi reign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nazi reign?   Nazi reign? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 am

So having kids feel safe is a bad thing?

Runescape have players from a lot of different ages and cultures, we want everyone to be able to enjoy our friend chat. That's why we have rules about swearing and why we don't allow discussion of religion or politics. If you think swearing makes you more mature I think you should check out the community on xbox live, they seem to love swearing and as I hope you understand they are some of the most immature people you can find on the internet.

Oh and "mature people don't need rules". First of all, I have no idea where you got the idea that we only want mature people in our friend chat, we want everyone to be able to join us and to keep the discussion civil we have a few rules. Secondly, there are rules EVERYWHERE, laws dictate what you can and cannot do in your daily life, Jagex official rules dictate what you are allowed to do in the game, your school (I assume you are still in school) most definitely have rules about what behavior is acceptable. To be mature you have to take responsibility for your actions. We only have a few simple rules in our friend chat, rules that you have broken over and over again. Do you really find it strange that we keep you on a shorter leash after you have proven several times to be a troublemaker?

If you really think that our friend chat is equivalent to the Nazi's I must really question why you keep coming back? No one is forcing you to chat with us and there are numerous friend chats that allow cursing and other bad behavior.
Back to top Go down

Nazi reign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nazi reign?   Nazi reign? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:25 am

I still see no explanation as to what rule was broken ingame to receive a kick. I'm constantly being kicked for trivial crap. You say you want a friendly enviroment yet you are constantly harassing me. seems legit.
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

Nazi reign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nazi reign?   Nazi reign? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:31 am

Jddogg wrote:
Anyone care to explain why i was just kicked for laughing at someone who got kicked?
I broke no rules at all, people just always seem to want to be against me.

If you feel you were wrongfully kicked then please provide evidence to prove so. Our captains and generals are chosen because they have proved themselves to consistently abide by our rules and foster friendship in the chat. We place the utmost trust and confidence in that they will do their best to enforce the rules of the chat.

If however someone is abusing their power as you suggest then we would like to know about it as soon as possible and we will deal with it. We cannot do this if there is no evidence against them though. They are selected for a reason and they would not have been selected if they were deemed untrustworthy.

Jddogg wrote:
It's really sad you guys rule this friends chat with such a nazi reign like people play games to be ruled and controlled. What you need to understand is that mature people don't need rules. The excessive rules cause immaturity and defiance. Trying to censor the internet is mind numbingly dumb. I really q uestion whether you want mature players in the chat, or little kids that feel safe and full of power.

The rules of the chat apply to everyone. The age or maturity of someone is completely and utterly irrelevant when it comes to abiding by them. If someone is in violation of the rules then that person will be warned and kicked from the chat if needed.
Furthermore respect is earned. Not granted by default if you have played longer or are older than others.

If you have problems following our rules then perhaps this is not the best clan for you.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Abyssal Demon
Amy

Nazi reign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nazi reign?   Nazi reign? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:33 am

As stated by myself earlier, commenting about kicking makes it harder to kick the correct person and disrupts the chat

Harassing : Subject to aggressive pressure or intimidation.

i hardly think the above applies to you, we are merely trying to ensure a smooth and friendly environment for all
Back to top Go down
Mufc42
Ice Strykewyrm
Ice Strykewyrm
Mufc42

Nazi reign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nazi reign?   Nazi reign? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:10 am

Jddogg wrote:

Respect has to be earned. In no way, have you earned respect. You whinge about everything and are wayyyyy to defensive. It's ok to be wrong you know.

You want respect? Earn it.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Abyssal Demon
Amy

Nazi reign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nazi reign?   Nazi reign? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:35 am

Mufc42 wrote:

You want respect? Earn it.
Back to top Go down
CookieSlay3r
Soulgazer
CookieSlay3r

Nazi reign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nazi reign?   Nazi reign? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Everything stated by the ranks is exactly true, if you don't want to chill with some of the coolest and most level-headed people in the game, then that's your choice Smile. Have a great day jddogg and I hope to see you back in the chat, causing a bit less trouble Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Go??

Nazi reign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nazi reign?   Nazi reign? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Just my two cents:

This friends chat has been successfully running for years now mostly cause of very respectful atmosphere. We are all aware that most of members in friends chat are of mature age, however for those few that might not be we want to keep it friendly and relaxed.

If you want to laugh at ppl who got kicked, or curse or do whatever that someone might find not suitable just discuss it in public or on pm with friends. No need to let everyone know.
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer
Hopalong

Nazi reign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nazi reign?   Nazi reign? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:48 pm

Alright here's the rule you were breaking; a full list can be found here.
Hop a wrote:
Trolling/Negative comments/Flaming/Insults – This chat is for people to come and have fun, gain knowledge and take away the grind of skills. Those who wish to come into the chat to annoy others will be kicked! This community is not a place for people to start fights!
Along with that, note that it's also based on the ranks discretion. By laughing at the person who got kicked you perpetuate the topic to continue (and honestly it's not the nicest thing to do). As stated above, we trust our ranks to have the best interests of the chat in mind when kicks are issued.

Another thing I've heard is that you have an issue with our rule on swearing. To get that straight, here's what the rule is:
Hop a wrote:
Swearing – Although JaGeX has an option to toggle the censor off, that does not mean we permit it in the chat. Please curb your swearing to a minimum while in the chat, those who are found heavily swearing will be warned to stop. Certain swears will be permitted from time to time (Hell, Ass and Damn), but if you use these in a context where we feel you’re insulting someone, you will be warned to stop.
Here's our reasoning behind this. Back when the filter was first implimented we had to make a decision fast on whether or not to accept it. Here's the logic we followed;
1. Swearing doesn't add anything substantive to the conversation
2. We don't want to see an F bomb every other sentence, it's irritating to most, and it just makes the chat "dumb". (Not exactly, but when all you see is a constant flow of curses it makes it seem like the chat is inhabited by a bunch of 12 year olds).
3. Avoiding the filter in the Pre-Toggle days was against the rules.

That's the reasoning behind the rule. We want the nest to be a place that fosters a friendly and mature community that is open to everyone.

Hope this helped clarify what you wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nazi reign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nazi reign?   Nazi reign? Empty

Back to top Go down

Nazi reign?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Slayer Nest :: The Slayer Nest :: Complaints/Rants-
Jump to: