The Slayer Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

own3d.tv

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pure fishin0
Gelatinnous Abomination

own3d.tv Empty
PostSubject: own3d.tv   own3d.tv EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 2:01 pm

OK so there is a bunch of nesties that have been hacked (me included) and someone (not sure who sorry) that has said they think it has to do with own3d.tv. Muffie has asked me to post what I know about the site so.

Own3d is a site where you can watch high level players of games like starcraft 2 and league of legends play game on live stream, they also have some archived videos that you can watch. I think anyone can stream with them if they wish just buy signing up (not positive, have never done it, although my friend has) however I have never typed anything into the website. There are also IRC chat channels for each of the streams which I have gone into from time to time although I have never typed anything about rs or that remotely resembled my rs password or username into any of these. Also I have been using this site for about 6 or 8 months and was not hacked until now so I really don't think it has anything to do with the site. If everyone else who was hacked could comment whether they had been to this site or not prior to getting hacked I think we could straighten out whether this site has anything to do with it.

In the meantime if you want to be extremely safe just avoid the site (I'm sure 90% of you don't use it anyway but just in case)

Thanks everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast
Phonixz

own3d.tv Empty
PostSubject: Re: own3d.tv   own3d.tv EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 3:03 pm

I have heared that live steam things have been hacking people not only on runescape but other mmo's aswell, I cant remember if the stream site is the one you have mentioned but there is a good chance that is it

Sorry to hear you have been hacked aswell Sad
Back to top Go down
G
Spiritual Warrior
G

own3d.tv Empty
PostSubject: Re: own3d.tv   own3d.tv EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 4:35 pm

Live streaming isn't done by the main website, its separate or something so the people running that could easily get malware onto your pc (like pepsi said in the announcement thread a keylogger could have been put on your computer as well (so when you typed in runescape, followed by your details this information could have been picked up by a hacker if you did have that kind of malware on computer))... Make sure you do regular security checks. Could easily have been that website is what im trying to say, sorry to hear you got hacked btw
Back to top Go down
pepsi
Kurask
pepsi

own3d.tv Empty
PostSubject: Re: own3d.tv   own3d.tv EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 6:32 pm

Thank you for this post pure. It cleared some things up for me so now I can edit my announcement to be a little more accurate. I personally know nothing of the site, just what I hear, so this helps a lot. Also thanks to phon and wheatt for adding to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

own3d.tv Empty
PostSubject: Re: own3d.tv   own3d.tv Empty

Back to top Go down

own3d.tv
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Slayer Nest :: The Slayer Nest :: General-
Jump to: